Jay Onrait and Dan O'Toole leaving TSN for FoxSports1 L.A.

nash61

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like not only do we get Jay and Dan, but according to Richard Deitsch of SI, we're getting Producer Tim as well!

The gang's all here! B)

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Hadn't heard of these two (for obvious reasons) until yesterday. After watching the "Best Of" clip in this thread's original post, it looks like Jay is the true star of the show. Without seeing more footbage, I'm not exactly sure what Dan does for anyone. Maybe he's just a damn good highlights guy? Either way, Jay's new FS1 contract ought to be about ten times whatever Dan will be making.

And you came to that conclusion based off of some guy's YouTube amalgamation of some of their funny moments after not even knowing who they were before? Ok.

The best part of Jay and Dan is that it was Jay and Dan. They worked so well together. I don't care who they put in, they can never be replaced.

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

Hadn't heard of these two (for obvious reasons) until yesterday. After watching the "Best Of" clip in this thread's original post, it looks like Jay is the true star of the show. Without seeing more footbage, I'm not exactly sure what Dan does for anyone. Maybe he's just a damn good highlights guy? Either way, Jay's new FS1 contract ought to be about ten times whatever Dan will be making.

And you came to that conclusion based off of some guy's YouTube amalgamation of some of their funny moments after not even knowing who they were before? Ok.

The best part of Jay and Dan is that it was Jay and Dan.

Yeah, that's the thing. It's a duo. A two part act. It works as well as it does because of the dynamic the two have. You can't just designate one as the "lesser" one. It doesn't really work like that.

The best part of Jay and Dan is that it was Jay and Dan. They worked so well together. I don't care who they put in, they can never be replaced.

Indeed. Jay wouldn't be half as funny if he didn't have Dan as a straight man to play off. Hell, Dan's pretty funny in his own right, I think — especially some of the stories he tells about his kids — but YouTubers seem to be in love with Jay.

Indeed. Jay wouldn't be half as funny if he didn't have Dan as a straight man to play off. Hell, Dan's pretty funny in his own right, I think — especially some of the stories he tells about his kids — but YouTubers seem to be in love with Jay.

I recall Jay tried a weekly show on "MuchMore" which really bombed. I think he works better with a companion. I can't say I'm all that sentimental that they're leaving, but I liked them and they will be missed.

I saw, I came, I left.

I recall Jay tried a weekly show on "MuchMore" which really bombed. I think he works better with a companion. I can't say I'm all that sentimental that they're leaving, but I liked them and they will be missed.

Never realized these guys had so many fans.

Have to agree Dan was the one who made me laugh more than Jay, I always took Jay as a guy who saw Anchorman and decided he wanted to be Rob Burgundy, maybe be closer to San diego now he can finally realize that goal.

untitled-6.jpg

Newest podcast came out tonight and they said the podcast would continue in some form and that FOX would try to get their show on in Canada. So maybe all is not lost for our friends up North.

You know, I'm certain that they are, too, but put together a 10 minute clip of their best moments, and any SC duo would look great, too. That's not the best way to evaluate them.

The best way to evaluate them is that all our Canadian brothers here are mourning their departure as a national tragedy.

spacer.png

Honest to Christ, this site needs a plugin to translate your posts into English.

Jay and Dan work because the network doesn't reign in their personalities, which is one thing that US Networks of all flavors do so well. If FOX leaves them alone, great. If not, well, welcome back to Canada boys. Extraordinary Rendition!

Welcome to DrunjFlix

What bugs me most is that they won't be doing the Kraft Celebration Tour this year (for our American brothers, it's when they take SportsCentre on the road.)

It often gives us such gems as this:

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

• 1 month later...

Tonight is Jay and Dan's last night on Sportscentre. Due to Wimbledon, it will only air from 1:00 am till 7:00 am. Don't miss this great moment in Canadian history.

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Tonight is Jay and Dan's last night on Sportscentre. Due to Wimbledon, it will only air from 1:00 am till 7:00 am. Don't miss this great moment in Canadian history.

I missed it, but I at least got to catch the latter half of their final Top 10 (favourite moments in SportsCentre).

SigggggII_zps101350a9.png

Nobody cares about your humungous-big signature. 

PotD: 29/1/12

I missed it, but I at least got to catch the latter half of their final Top 10 (favourite moments in SportsCentre).

It's on now on CTV

It's on now on CTV

It was also posted in its entirety on TSN.ca

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived