NYC FC crest concept: Updated

mcrosby

Here we go again. I'm uploading another logo and hoping you all will help me perfect it. This time: New York City Football Club. The logo is an amalgamation of the Yankees look and the Man City look. I took quite a bit more from Man City, as they are soccer specific. I simplified things quite a bit and made the eagle a bald eagle (because 'Merica).

nycfc_20130522_1091482931.png

This is a great start but i think the eagle would benefit from an even more simplified head. Maybe look at the American League (yankees reference) or the United States great seal logo for some inspiration

I dig the subtle pinstripes and typeface (what is it btw?) on the shield. Nice work so far

zPfTNXq_sm_zpsu3fsswbz.jpg 8DRvuUI_sm_zpsthbhbnio.jpg

Maurer_icons-02_zps7dcbd790.png Maurer_icons-01_zpsfee43a9b.png

Great NYC FC crest concept. I really like it. The pinstripes in the crest I think should be a little wider. Just a little though. NYC FC in the crest looks a little odd, though I don't have solution at the moment.

All in all it looks very good.

Senior Creative at Sporting Kansas City. Follow me on Twitter: @NateTheDesigner 

Really nice! Only thing that you could do: Fill each second stripe on the shield with light blue. The pinstripes don't really look good on it, in my opinion.

VHj90kn.png

I think the NYCFC is too long as it is and would be better off styled as:

NYC

FC

...or something to that effect.

Is it the official premier league number font you have used too?

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Solid effort, mcrosby - one thing that caught my eye though is that the kerning on the 'NYCFC' needs looking at, a few of the gaps make it look a bit awkward at the moment.

Great job cleaning up the ManCity logo into something more modern. In the NYC, I like the way you brought the bottom of the Y down all the way to fill out the circle. (For some reason the Yankess interlocked NY has always bothered me since the Y doesn't extend down all the Y to complete an almost perfect circle.) The only thing is that the back of the banner seems disconnected to the front of the banner.

I'd drop the Prem font; it doesn't make any sense there. I'd also make the shield/banner outline a bit more consistent with the rest of the outlines. The big banner tails also seem quite out of place. I'm also not a fan of how the point of the big blue detail on the wings is so close to the point of the outline; I'd bring it down so it goes into the wing a little more and takes away some of the dead space there.

That said, this is a cool idea. That monogram is quite nice.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Well, that's pretty much how I expect the actual logo to look like: Manchester City like.

I personnaly prefer the first one, the NYC letter on the second one isn't readable to everyone. I mean, this is gonna be a internationnal fame seeking team, and the NYC logo doesn't mean much to me as it seems just randomly put, while it's not, of course.

Where do I come from ?

1399006447-sig1.png

Who do I support ?

1399006379-sig2.png

I'd drop the Prem font; it doesn't make any sense there.
I agree – although the new team has very well publicised ties with a Premier League club, it's neither a member of or endorsed by that League. Using elements of said League's branding is best avoided, I reckon.

I think too that the 'F' and the 'C' need to be moved out a little, so they don't encroach on the circle around the NYC monogram.

Looks good. I ditto the comments on the banner diconnect and the encroaching FC. The only other thing that I would do is a slight adjustment on the interlocking NYC. The point where the N and Y meets, I'd adjust it a bit so that it is more in the center of the C. Right now things seem a little squished towards the top. This is minor, just something I noticed.

Am I the only one who thinks an eagle in an MLS crest = DC United?

Yes but he is incorporated an eagle similar to the one seen in the Manchester City crest but he made it a bald eagle instead to make it more American.

Archived