Teams wearing alternate uniforms in the playoffs

Ark

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Imagine what the college football playoffs will look like if schools such as Oregon get in

Probably a lot like bowl games. Bowl games used to be (in the 90s anyway, and sometimes from 2000-now) a good place to wear a different jersey than the usual set.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

The LA Kings wore their purple alt's in game 7 vs. Colorado in 2001.

579384_zpsabeb116e.jpg

And while the opposite of the point of this thread, the SF Giants wore their Monday-Saturday Road jersey and the All black hat instead of the "SF" alternate jersey and orange billed hat for game 4 of the World Series this past year which happened on a Sunday when they would usually wear their alternates.

SEAsig.png

Seems like most teams (at least NHL) wear their alternates in the playoffs if they plan on making it their primary jersey the next season. (99' Senators, 99 Stars, 09' Flyers...) The ones I find interesting are the 00' Coyotes, 00' Kings, or even 09' Nuggets or 13' Spurs...ect

579384_zpsabeb116e.jpg

Huh, this pic is interesting. I'd figure since this was 2001, the Kings would have played with the white/black/purple sweaters donning this logo in the front:

LAKingsLogo.JPG

202087472.jpg

But I never thought the crown was in the front of a jersey as early as 2001. I've known that the crown replaced the shield as the primary logo before the 2002-2003 season, but I didn't know it was on the forefront before then.

That neck was HORRIBLE. I think I kinda get what they were going for, but goddam does it look stupid.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

579384_zpsabeb116e.jpg

Huh, this pic is interesting. I'd figure since this was 2001, the Kings would have played with the white/black/purple sweaters donning this logo in the front:

LAKingsLogo.JPG

202087472.jpg

But I never thought the crown was in the front of a jersey as early as 2001. I've known that the crown replaced the shield as the primary logo before the 2002-2003 season, but I didn't know it was on the forefront before then.

From their introduction through the end of the 2001/2002 season the crown was the primary logo on the purple jersey and the shield was the primary logo on the white and black jerseys. In 2002/2003 the Kings reversed them so the crown was primary on the black and white jerseys and the shield was the primary on the purple jerseys.

And while the opposite of the point of this thread, the SF Giants wore their Monday-Saturday Road jersey and the All black hat instead of the "SF" alternate jersey and orange billed hat for game 4 of the World Series this past year which happened on a Sunday when they would usually wear their alternates.

From what I can recall, and correct me if I am wrong, during the playoffs, teams are only allowed to wear one designated cap for their home games and one designated one for their road games. Because of that, they kept their solid black cap. And by that assumption, they decided not to pair their road alt with it since they never did it during the season.

Go A's!

From what I can recall, and correct me if I am wrong, during the playoffs, teams are only allowed to wear one designated cap for their home games and one designated one for their road games. Because of that, they kept their solid black cap. And by that assumption, they decided not to pair their road alt with it since they never did it during the season.

Phillies wear their blue hat when they wear alternate in the playoffs.

It's part of a throwback set, which is different than an alternate set.

And I believe the rules I mentioned were for the World Series only

Go A's!

The Phillies cream jersey isn't a throwback, it's a regular alternate jersey.

594dd21ce423b_SmallHats.png.3601f33ba30ee66006c37617c7069ace.png

The Phillies cream jersey isn't a throwback, it's a regular alternate jersey.

I always thought it was a cleaner, modified replica of this

robin-roberts-phillies.jpg

We know that the NFL makes such a distinction, but what leads us to believe that MLB does?

True. I suppose if it's worn with such frequency, it's not a throwback and just really an alternate?

Go A's!

Archived