Ark

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Suns, 2005, one game in second round to protest AZ immigration bill

Lossuns_nash_ap_21.jpg

Heat, 2013, two games in the first round to make money

nba_g_james_gb1_400.jpg

I don't like the idea of teams wearing alternates in the playoffs. They should be wearing their best look, and if they truly think their alternate is their best look, it should be their primary.

I don't mind some early-round change ups, but for championship rounds, they should always use their primaries.

The NBA should just ban the Miami's alternate home jersey altogether. White jerseys, with white numerals? No way. One of the worst home unis ever!!

Super Bowl XXIX

super-bowl-xxix-steve-young.jpg

They basically wore those jerseys the entire season, as I recall. I think they went 0-fer before the official tribute week, then decided that the jerseys were the good luck charm and ran with it.

Not quite 0-fer, but a catastrophic home loss to Philly in their normal uniforms followed by 3 straight wins in throwbacks immediately afterwards prompted the permanent switch to throwbacks. Except for a meaningless final game loss to the Vikings, I believe the Niners were undefeated in the throwback jersey.

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Who can forget the Spurs and these monstrosities:

130510114628-tim-duncan-san-antonio-spurs-golden-state-warriors-nba-playoffs-2013-single-image-cut.jpg

Thank God they're wearing the standard white home unis in the NBA Finals.

Will I get shot for saying that I like the Spurs grey uniforms?

No. They're fantastic.

And I objectively watch only about 5 NBA games a year so I have zero bias for one team versus another. I'd put them in the same class as the old teal/purple Hornets and the Raptors when they had purple and red.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Why do I think I remember the Dolphins wearing navy blue jerseys in the playoffs in the early 2000's? Have they ever worn navy blue?

Am I crazy? Was it a dream? A lucid acid trip perhaps?

Yeah, you kind of have to be. Dolphins have never worn navy blue; those have only been sold as fashion jerseys, kinda like gray Raiders jerseys or black Bucs jerseys.

spacer.png

Who can forget the Spurs and these monstrosities:

130510114628-tim-duncan-san-antonio-spurs-golden-state-warriors-nba-playoffs-2013-single-image-cut.jpg

Thank God they're wearing the standard white home unis in the NBA Finals.

Will I get shot for saying that I like the Spurs grey uniforms?

Eh, I kind of agree with you. I don't really think the spur logo is able to stand on its own, but the gray itself looks pretty good.

I agree. I hated them at first, mostly because the off-center spur and number look so awkward, but i love the color and how it works with their court.

Why do I think I remember the Dolphins wearing navy blue jerseys in the playoffs in the early 2000's? Have they ever worn navy blue?

Am I crazy? Was it a dream? A lucid acid trip perhaps?

Dream or acid trip, I suppose. The Dolphins made the playoffs each year from 1997-2001, but never wore navy.

2001: 1 game - lost to the Ravens 20-3 wearing white over white:

51707395.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=3&d=A55nqm3gOI799W%2bQZD69EK%2frRHoxfCqUFdfPswRrr5A%3d

2000: 2 games - beat Colts 23-17 wearing white over white, lost to Raiders 27-0 wearing white over aqua:

51583119.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=3&d=6GQvVdlurMsf1kjKHZIiCWQAhg8OoLe1FQbBuvq3%2bWA%3d51972782.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=3&d=REoBddT7fFaKtdx4s4zZHUzdVoqubYGsrU%2fx3PR1gas%3d

1999: 2 games - beat Seahawks 20-17 wearing white over aqua, lost to Jaguars 62-7 wearing white over aqua:

81593199.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=3&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QWgQC7k%2fNlkPo79iQ3dr9PQWOHIf0cHXVI8%2fefB%2bEDJv51536100.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=3&d=LOYDmt6O8LnBT%2ftArO9X9C0nXPvhDjJD5dnpT0bqoIM%3d

1998: 2 games - beat Bills 24-17 wearing white over aqua, lost to Broncos 38-3 wearing white over aqua:

52028189.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=3&d=ANqAlL75nrCHApoHrHii1aKtmYnqX%2bucAnyB4qwIGco%3d81354679.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=3&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QWObwzXeVz%2bY8jF79PALuf%2bUtjmoBuBU6uCGnBJn20xm

1997: 1 game - lost to Patriots 17-3 wearing white over aqua:

157701674.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=3&d=GkZZ8bf5zL1ZiijUmxa7QdVtYnIAFM5JDM%2fcxecKqmnugCO8f4Tl0lTJae%2fXeOIT

oh ,my god ,i strong recommend you to have a visit on the website ,or if i'm the president ,i would have an barceque with the anthor of the articel .

02phillies.1.600.jpg

Phillies still wear these during the day playoff games.

So you will never see these during the world series since theres no such thing as daytime world series games anymore.

Was also going to add "because you probably will never see the Philles in the World Series again."

02phillies.1.600.jpg

Phillies still wear these during the day playoff games.

So you will never see these during the world series since theres no such thing as daytime world series games anymore.

Was also going to add "because you probably will never see the Philles in the World Series again."

I suspected someone was gonna say this, sadly.

71205436-richard-hamilton-of-the-detroit-pistons-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=XwwT3bWblOiK5poByn74RqsiLB89h9%2bbsdymq9Uu7ah4V7bpJgrDaHdE00w1Akl0ZvVSWZd2go5scLZctZG9HTjWFoE5pD%2fwfcVFgACJAno%3d

Only playoff appearance for the Detroit Pistons' red alternates vs. Miami in Game 6 of the 2006 Eastern Conference Finals. No wonder they dumped that because they never won a title again.

Didn't they wear these the next year when they got bounced by Cleveland?

71205436-richard-hamilton-of-the-detroit-pistons-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=XwwT3bWblOiK5poByn74RqsiLB89h9%2bbsdymq9Uu7ah4V7bpJgrDaHdE00w1Akl0ZvVSWZd2go5scLZctZG9HTjWFoE5pD%2fwfcVFgACJAno%3d

Only playoff appearance for the Detroit Pistons' red alternates vs. Miami in Game 6 of the 2006 Eastern Conference Finals. No wonder they dumped that because they never won a title again.

They had a string of victories wearing that so in an elimination game, they tried their luck with it.

Never won a title again? Their last title was 2004.

Go A's!

They had a string of victories wearing that so in an elimination game, they tried their luck with it.

Never won a title again? Their last title was 2004.

The reds didn't even exist when they won the title in 2004 and returned to the Finals in 2005. Once they wore the reds, they proceeded to lose three straight conference finals and were finally ditched after they were eliminated in the first round of the 2009 playoffs; hence the reds were the reason why they never made the finals again, let alone win it all.

Yeah, the red alternates they didn't wear that often is the reason why they haven't won a title since, not because of bad coaching or anything.

Go A's!

Archived