Imitation Uniforms in Commercials/Ads or Movies/TV Shows

Waffles

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the way art/costume directors try to evoke real teams, whether it's through imitation, like above, or by just giving a hint of the uniform, like below:

305784140_640.jpg

(that one is a little strange, since the patch on Cal's chest appears to have the MLB logo on the bottom)

What else is out there?

Because the product was MLB-sponsored.

mens_pro_productPage.png

bufg.png

I saw a clip of this Dwyane Wade commercial for Li-Ning shoes over the weekend and was amused by their solution to not being able to use the Heat logo or uniforms:li-ning-way-of-wade-dwyane-wade-1.jpgI love the way art/costume directors try to evoke real teams, whether it's through imitation, like above, or by just giving a hint of the uniform, like below:305784140_640.jpg(that one is a little strange, since the patch on Cal's chest appears to have the MLB logo on the bottom)What else is out there?

Call me crazy but I wouldn't mind seeing the Heat actually wearing something like these. I like that Miami font better than their standard one.

I remember this from my childhood. Someone threw it up on YouTube. Check out the Mets jerseys the non-Gary Carter guys are wearing with "Mets" in orange.

I actually like the orange "Mets" wordmark.

The American Dad goes to a Washinton Nationals game:

natsamericandad0311b.jpg?uuid=hr2GJllbEe

They were a little more faithful to the New York Yankees:

Derek_Jeter.jpg

Dennis Quaid as an Orange Crush-era Bronco in Everybody's All-American. It's an entertaining film and features numerous teams in vintage unis: LSU (fictionalized as "Louisiana University"). Univ. of Georgia, the Redskins (rear helmet feather era) and various opponents.

Everybodys-All-American.jpg

The sequence with Quaid playing RB vs. New England in a blizzard is IMO one of the coolest sports movie scenes ever. Just the setting, the music, his coming to grips with reality, the way they cut in closer and closer until all you see is his eyes and how there's none of the old confidence or cockiness left in them...very well done.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived