Predators yellow ice

nmsuaggie

Looks like a Roller Hockey International or Pro Beach Hockey game is about to break out in Nashville.

Remember the deuce?

Espn2_logo.png

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

All the skate marks and snow will show up a lot more won't they? I don't think it would look very clean by the end of the periods.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

I could be talked into very light blue ice (lighter than the test ice in Buffalo), but any other color would get a thumbs down from me.

Was the ice in Lake Placid during the Miracle on Ice blue or was that just poor video quality?

PvO6ZWJ.png

I'm already sick of the "don't eat the yellow snow" type of jokes and I only heard this news 2 minutes ago. Hope we don't see this for any real games.

The Blackhawks may hold both the President's Trophy and the Stanley Cup, but now the Preds can call themselves the NHL's true No. 1 team.

CCSLC signature.png

I could be talked into very light blue ice (lighter than the test ice in Buffalo), but any other color would get a thumbs down from me.

Was the ice in Lake Placid during the Miracle on Ice blue or was that just poor video quality?

It seems to have a slight bluish cast in still photos, so I think that's just what we should be going for over bright white.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Looks like a Roller Hockey International or Pro Beach Hockey game is about to break out in Nashville.

Remember the deuce?

Espn2_logo.png

Ya know... You're right! The Portland Rage of the RHI played on yellow tiles at the Memorial Coliseum. I'm in phone, so unable to post a pic, but it's shown pretty prominently on their 1994 pocket schedule.

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

Buffalo put down blue ice with different colored lines for their AHL team for two games in 2005. Never heard anything about it after though.

buffalo-3-20-05-blue--large-msg-1111382698-2.jpg

That just screams dek hockey to me since the dek hockey place I play at has surfaces colored exactly like that.

oBIgzrL.png

Not sure why you can't keep the traditional red and blue lines with the pale blue ice in the sabers experiment rink. Also, I can almost swear that the islanders had a pale blue rink in rl for a time. Maybe it wasn't supposed to be blue and just looked that way on my tv while trying to adjust the rabbit ears to pick up New York TV stations on UHF.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Is yellow a team color of whatever team that was for? I thought Rochester was their squad, but i could be wrong.

Side note: I like the yellow lines, although it doesn't make much sense to have center be blue, and the thing that's actually called "The Blue Line" in yellow.

Not sure why you can't keep the traditional red and blue lines with the pale blue ice in the sabers experiment rink. Also, I can almost swear that the islanders had a pale blue rink in rl for a time. Maybe it wasn't supposed to be blue and just looked that way on my tv while trying to adjust the rabbit ears to pick up New York TV stations on UHF.

im going to say its not just about changing the ice color, but after going that far, why not adjust the line color to make a more pleasing total palette?

GRAPHIC ARTIST

BEHANCE  /  MEDIUM  /  DRIBBBLE

It shouldn't since the paint should be far enough down that it's not touched.

Is that the problem though? Either way there will be a build-up of ice dust and skate marks which will show up a lot more on any colour of ice, regardless of whether its below the surface or not. White is the only 'colour' that hides this factor.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Ive never seen colored ice before. im not opposed to the idea, it sounds interesting but i dont think yellow is the way to go. obvious negative connotations. and its just annoying

Here's pink ice.... numerous minor league teams do it for "Pink in the Rink". Theyll wear pink uniforms, use pink sticks, u name it. Breast cancer Awareness continues to be THE fundraiser to do.

_N9H8281.jpg?m=1295886552

LOL at "pink in the rink"!

Two in the pink, one in the rink. Oh my...I apologize.

The first thing I thought of when I read yellow ice, was yellow snow.

These are all BAD ideas.

87Redskins.png

I wanna say Buffalo used to have yellow goal creases; maybe in the 1980s? Or maybe it was just yellow under the goal.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived