2013-14 NHL season predictions

TorinK92

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where's Buffalo?

Oh yeah. Probably slotted in around 12th.

Half of the people posting their predictions aren't using the right playoff format...

Wait. For the first round it's like the old Smythe, Patrick stuff?

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Half of the people posting their predictions aren't using the right playoff format...

The playoff series are divisional, but with a slight twist. The top 3 teams in each division automatically make the playoffs and then 2 wild cards from either division make up the last 2 seeds. The top division winner plays the lower wild card and the other division winner gets the higher wild card. The 2nd and 3rd place teams in each division then play each other.

The playoff series are divisional, but with a slight twist. The top 3 teams in each division automatically make the playoffs and then 2 wild cards from either division make up the last 2 seeds. The top division winner plays the lower wild card and the other division winner gets the higher wild card. The 2nd and 3rd place teams in each division then play each other.

my-brain-is-full-of-fuck.jpg

sig.png

Yeah, I'd rather do 1/8, 2/7, etc. Don't see how this any better. Too over-complicated. I'd say just go back to giving each division its own top-four bracket if the divisions weren't uneven.

oBIgzrL.png

But the idea of the wild card crossover was that one division in the conference was 4/8 and the other was 4/7, and that wasn't fair. With both divisions in each conference being the same size, but no crossover between the uneven conferences, it serves no purpose but to confound people. Thanks, Obama Detroit.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

But the idea of the wild card crossover was that one division in the conference was 4/8 and the other was 4/7, and that wasn't fair. With both divisions in each conference being the same size, but no crossover between the uneven conferences, it serves no purpose but to confound people. Thanks, Obama Detroit Columbus Winnipeg Thrashers Luongo Atlanta Spirit.

Edited for accuracy

• 2 weeks later...

I say the finals are Ducks vs. Bruins 7 games Anaheim comes out on topAnaheimDucksGET_468x317.jpg

My thoughts entirely but I say vs. Pittsburgh in 4 games. Hey the ducks winning is my best memory!
I don't know. A Ducks-Penguins Cup Final might be the most dull matchup possible.*

*sweater-wise, that is, though Anaheim's orange can save some face

If not for a Daniel Cleary goal, we very well could have seen that uniform matchup in 2009.

I may be the biggest Ducks homer on this board, but I'm not sure the Ducks are a true contender yet, give them a couple years. I think they could make some noise this year, but it will be at least a couple years before they get to where LA is right now.

Let's try this.

CHEERLEADER

*Pittsburgh

*Long Island

*Philadelphia

*Washington

New York

Columbus

New Jersey

Carolina

SO AND SO

*Ottawa

*Boston

*Montreal

*Toronto

Detroit

Buffalo

Tampa Bay

Florida

WHAT'S HER FACE

*Phoenix

*Los Angeles

*Anaheim

*Edmonton

*Vancouver

San Jose

Calgary

THE UGLY ONE

*Chicago

*St. Louis

*Winnipeg

Minnesota

Nashville

Dallas

Colorado

Really good East teams are going to miss the playoffs while derp-parades make it in from the West. This season will be such a glorious chucklef-ck that we'll be waxing nostalgic for 48-game mini-seasons where you play the same team three times in four days.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived