NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL, when did I say it was the "worst call ever"?. It seems to me the principle point of contact was his arm to the shoulder/chest. Brees is smaller the most qbs and his neck got inadvertently bumped. Before you call me a homer be aware I did support a suspension on a hit earlier this season to Dustin Penner of the Ducks, a team I hate a lot.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

It was hyperbole. But my mistake... you only called it the worst call you've seen all season. Much more appropriate reaction to what is, according to the NFL rulebook, clearly the correct call. Was vicious contact not made with the neck area with a part of Ahmad Brooks' body?

IUe6Hvh.png

Every time I see that particular shot, oh jeez, that's just not pretty what happens to Drew Brees' neck.

For a split second, he almost looks like a giraffe.

He's going to look like a guy on IR if he keeps taking shots like that. I follow the Saints religiously (no pun intended) and he's never been hit like he has this year. He got forcibly face-planted by Demarcus Ware in the Cowboys game, crushed by Clayborn in Tampa, and now neck-stretched by Brooks. He's a tough SOB but the line has got to do better.

What I don't understand is all the talk about Brees' size in regard to this hit. He's 5'11" to 6'0" and that's not that much smaller than say a 6'2" QB. Has anybody here ever heard a word spoken about this guy's height? I haven't and he's essentially the same size as Brees.

See?

vickbrees.jpg

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

The thing is that, anytime there is a height/weight difference like there is with the 2 players involved, the smaller player will take a beating. I still think the forearm gets him in the shoulder/chest initially, which is the principle point of contact, and the neck is accidentally hit. It's definitely not a head hunter type of play that you see from some other players in the league.

Hopefully we draw New Orleans and get some vengeance on them in the playoffs. Surrendering 33 points in 2 games to the Cats and Saints should at least mean 1 win, but no. Hopefully RG3 will be buried a bunch of times next week on Monday. The offense better get going against them.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

I see your point but the rule (which I disagree with) doesn't differentiate between intent or initial points of contact and so on. It just says don't hit them there.

As for vengeance, bring it on but don't count on so many gifts in the playoffs. The Saints win going away Sunday if not for the muffed punt, the Brooks INT (fantastic play by him btw), and Corey White's fumble. The Niners did just about nothing on offense (115 yds passing, 81 rushing).

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Patriots seem to have figured out this Carolina defense on this opening drive in the 3rd quarter. They were stacking the line with 3 TE's and running the ball down their throats. and now they score the TD to Gronk with a power move. 3 Panthers couldn't stop him as he reached to get in.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

So happy to see Cam Newton doing well. I like that guy, especially when he was overshadowed by Griffin, Wilson and Luck. He's right up there in talent, but perhaps hasn't been as fortunate as those other guys (except for RGIII, whose career seems to have been ruined by his coaching staff.)

Also, Gronk got nailed but eff the Patriots. Happy to see them on the bad end on one of those calls.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

YEESSSSSSSS!

God that feels good, not only to get the big time national stage win but to do it over the Patriots on a kinda debatable last second call, I could not be happier.

Holy crap muffins. With the Chargers and Cardinals going nowhere I just might jump on the Panthers' bandwagon for the rest of the season.

I will happily welcome you aboard.

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

I don't have any clue what should have been the call on that last play. I don't think Gronk had a chance to catch that ball regardless, but I still lean towards pass interference, honestly.

The reason Gronk was so far away from the ball was because he couldn't get there because of the freaking pass interference. That was one of the worst calls I've seen. If they get that correct, it's Brady and the Pats against the stifling Carolina defense at the 1 yard line on the last play. That would have been awesome. Instead we get this BS and the Pats lose a game they could and should have won.

I don't have any clue what should have been the call on that last play. I don't think Gronk had a chance to catch that ball regardless, but I still lean towards pass interference, honestly.

The reason Gronk was so far away from the ball was because he couldn't get there because of the freaking pass interference. That was one of the worst calls I've seen. If they get that correct, it's Brady and the Pats against the stifling Carolina defense at the 1 yard line on the last play. That would have been awesome. Instead we get this BS and the Pats lose a game they could and should have won.

Just like earlier this year when they won a game they should've lost...

SaintsPatriotsGaletteHolding.jpg

IUe6Hvh.png

grpz.jpg

1 hour ago, BringBackTheVet said:

sorry sweetie, but I don't suck minor-league d

CCSLC Post of the day September 3rd 2012

Archived