NFL '13 SEASON THREAD

Cujo

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let me preface this by saying that the 49ers outplayed the Packers in this game. That said, it is typical NFL bull- :censored: that the 49ers were handed a TD because the officiating crew botched a call. My guess is the 49ers would have won either way, but it's damned shame that such a great game has to be marred by more lousy NFL officiating.

Anyway, the Packers appear to have improved their run defense. Unfortunately, they couldn't stop the SF passing game.

BB52Big.jpg

The Ravens organization made a HUGE mistake by signing Flacco to the contract they signed him to. If the son of a gun was really demanding as much money as he got and would take no less, they should've let him go to free agency and signed Alex Smith, a quarterback who is on the exact same level as Flacco, IMO, for much cheaper. That way, they could have kept Boldin and all of the defensive players they lost (because Flacco wouldn't have ran up their damn salary cap) and they would have had just as good of a QB behind the helm, and he would have had a much better supporting cast than Flacco has now.

IMO, Flacco isn't an "elite" NFL QB, and the Ravens may have over payed to keep him, but he's better than Alex Smith. By more than a little.

BB52Big.jpg

Flacco's this generation's Trent Dilfer. He's the definition of a "game manager", fits the Baltimore system perfectly. Every now and again, "Fluke-o" will show a flash of brilliance before falling square on his face the following week. Winning Super Bowl MVP doesn't mean you're the world's greatest (Deion Branch, Timmy Smith). All you need to know about his "elite" status is that he hasn't even been named to a Pro Bowl.

So yeah, Alex Smith could easily do what Flacco does for Baltimore, for much, MUCH less.

6uXNWAo.png

So yeah, Arizona is actually improved for this season. Jebus cripes this division.

Oh well....1-0 for the first time since Linebaka's first season. I can get behind that.

RamsWin.jpg

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I find myself hating the 49ers.

Welcome brother. We have beer and chips. Also the grill's still warm.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

I don't think Staley should have even been penalized. Aside from getting into Matthews face, he didn't appear to do anything while Matthews grabbed his face mask twice.

That doesn't change the fact that the officials blew the call.

You're right. But I think they blew it the other way. The blown call was flagging Staley and not Clay Matthews a second time or not throwing a second flag. In my opinion, the 49ers weren't handed a touchdown at all... had the correct call been made the first time they'd have been in a better position than they found themselves in. Just my opinion, though.

IUe6Hvh.png

Crickets in here about Saints-Falcons? I was pleasantly surprised by the Saints' D other than Jackson's long run & Vaccaro's boneheaded hit on Ryan. Nice redemption for Roman Harper who has taken a ton of criticism, some of it well justified.

Note to Falcons: you can have the Justice League at the skill positions & it doesn't mean squat with a poor O-line.

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

Archived