Logolmpiad Closing Ceremonies

I can't believe we made it through all 14 events already. I wasn't sure this thing would fly, and fully anticipated some events falling flat. But, the positive response was overwhelming, and in the end, I couldn't be happier with the turnout.

I gave up on counting the number of entires a long time ago. We had several events that drew more than 30! In the end, 20 designers walked away with medals. The top three can collect thier trophies....

trophy_bronze.gifjoel fiasco

trophy_silver.gifpaynomind

trophy_gold.gifAvenger

In case you're curious, the overall rankings are...

................g.............. s...............b............. pts

avenger.... 5.............. 2.............. 1.............. 20

Paynomind 1.............. 2.............. 2.............. 9

joel fiasco 2...............0............. 1.............. 7

gordie ......0.............. 2.............. 1.............. 5

shiznit10831.............. 1...............0............. 5

braden......0.............. 1.............. 2.............. 4

Epper........0.............2...............0.............. 4

evan.........1.............0............... 1............. 4

pittunited..0...............1.............. 2............. 4

Starchild... 1...............0............. 1............. 4

united waffles1...........0..............1..............4

decypher.. 1.............. 0................0............3

nitroseed.. 1.............. .0..............0............. 3

pcgd........ 1...............0..............0..............3

steve-o.......0............1..............0...............2

tajmccal........0.......... 1..............0.............. 2

cambaker. ...0...........0..............1.............. 1

chapi...........0............0..............1...............1

mojoto........0.............0............. .1............. 1

puckguy14..0.............0..............1.............. 1

Thanks to everyone who entered. Special thanks to those who helped out along the way...especially paynomind and braden. Thanks to Shark and the other contest hosts for putting their events on hold to make room for mine. I'm happy to step aside and let you guys run the show again.

And of course, thanks to the Boss himself for giving the project the green light.

I'm going to get out of the contest biz for awhile and focus on some other projects. But, I'm going to put togther some notes for the next Logolmypiad, so if anyone has suggestions, feel free to spout them off here.

facebook.png twitter.pngblogger.pngflickr-1.jpg

Thanks, WiB, for everything...

I know it's hard enough running one contest at a time, but having all of those contests back-to-back and overlapping, with all the other crap going on...gotta hand it to you, you did one helluva job.

Cheers, bro.

I feel Like Canada in 1976--except I only entered 2 or 3 if I remember correctly...

It was fun to watch & vote though...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

congrats to all the winners, and to those (like me) who put up a big DNP (did not place) :D

i put up a DNRV

Did not receive a vote.

It's a prestigious club we're part of, Josh. After a while I just kind of gave up on the Logolympiad and went back to doing my own projects. I still stayed very interested in the other events though, and I must say WiB did an excellent job of running the contest and everyone on the boards did some awesome work on all the events.

Grats to Avenger for some of the best stuff I've seen since getting here in March.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

You know what... to see amazing people like Avenger, Payno & Joel, and then three lines down is my name... Wow. I feel really good with how well I did. To get one medal is hard, but 3?

Congrats to all of the winners, and I think we all owe a HUMONGOUS thank you to the hero and workhorse of these games, WINTERS IN BUFFALO!

It was an amazing idea which brought the best of the best in EVERYTHING. I learned so much out of this, honestly. It really made me learn new techniques in my programs and brainstorm more productively.

Guys, take a second and look back at the winning designs for each event. Just trust me. What was it with those concepts that made it so appealing? Why did it WIN the medal? If we all can examine and learn to get that "it" factor, maybe we all gan give Avenger, Payno & Joel a tough challenge for next time!

ccslcbanner_zps5eda8538.jpg

Congratulations on an excellently run tournament. I know I wanted to enter some of these, but the guidelines kept me limited (that and my computer being swiped clean didn't help either.)

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

very good contest!

congratulations to all who won and a round of cold ones to all who took the time to enter and submit a little friendly competition against the medal winners. due to my very busy schedule i had to fall off mid-way through the event. however i kept an eye on each event and can see we have many talented, creative minds on this board. great job everyone.

Carolina Dreamin'

ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ ΓΔΒ

When a robotic Nixon is on the loose, we have a duty to take action.

Well, congrats to all who participated and especially to Avenger, Panymonid, and Joel. Medals well deserved. I feel as though will be the benchmark for contests as it has developed in one year a very prestigeous feel to it.

A special thanks to WiB for putting together such a well thought-out plan. Great job, man.

You know what... to see amazing people like Avenger, Payno & Joel, and then three lines down is my name..

braden, i could say the same for you, you really showed talent that i didn't know you had in these events...i am very proud of the level of talent the board showed in this series of contests....i can't believe i placed as high as third in total standings.

thanks to all who voted for me, to all the other contestants who helped bring out my best, and especially to Winters In Buffalo for putting on the best contest i've seen on these boards.

fantastic work everyone!

Archived