Arena Bowl XXVI

Gary

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Evil G, it is this Saturday (the 17th) at 1 pm along with special performers KISS. Wonder what people will want to see more: the Arena Bowl, or KISS? Plus, ya gotta wonder how the ARENA FOOTBALL LEAGUE could afford to pay for KISS or why the band would want to play at an event few people have heard of.

All joking aside, I might tune in to watch the game. Just gives me something different to watch on the weekend. It depends on the NASCAR Nationwide Series start time at Mid Ohio, though.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

The Arena League in the mid-2000s was great. Just an all-around entertaining product and you didn't feel like the quality of play was all that poor.

Then it just kind of went to hell, unfortunately. The games in person are an absolute treat—I went to a Barnstormers game in 2010 visiting friends in Iowa and it was a complete blast—but without the extensive media coverage the league once had and without a team in Indy, it's been tough to stay interested. I honestly couldn't tell you anything about the last two years.

6fQjS3M.png

The Rush used to have local radio and TV deals before the leaguewide bankruptcy. They've been invisible ever since.

I remember how the Firebirds thing went down: the owner wanted to sell the team, and had an offer on the table of around $4.5 million. But since the league was absurdly overvaluing its franchises and was charging $15 million as an expansion fee, they decided to fold the team rather than expose the gross inflation taking place.

Earlier this year, the Rush sold for just shy of $1 million to a convicted felon.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Evil G, it is this Saturday (the 17th) at 1 pm along with special performers KISS. Wonder what people will want to see more: the Arena Bowl, or KISS? Plus, ya gotta wonder how the ARENA FOOTBALL LEAGUE could afford to pay for KISS or why the band would want to play at an event few people have heard of.

I'd see the actual football over Kiss.

97uyh0.jpg

Bruh check out my last.fm

And my Rate Your Music

Fantasy Teams: Seattle Spacemen (CFA)

Signature credit to Silent Wind of Doom

I remember how the Firebirds thing went down: the owner wanted to sell the team, and had an offer on the table of around $4.5 million. But since the league was absurdly overvaluing its franchises and was charging $15 million as an expansion fee, they decided to fold the team rather than expose the gross inflation taking place.

Yeah, :censored: that :censored:. I loved Firebirds games.

6fQjS3M.png

Oh dear lord no...

Ron Jaworski (co-owner of the Philadelphia Soul) is one of several people helping create a six team, ten game schedule called Arena Football International beginning next fall... in CHINA.

Article: http://www.arenafootball.com/sports/a-footbl/spec-rel/082812aab.html

Football and Chinese people do not seem to go in the same sentence.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Oh dear lord no...

Ron Jaworski (co-owner of the Philadelphia Soul) is one of several people helping create a six team, ten game schedule called Arena Football International beginning next fall... in CHINA.

OH GEEZ NOT THIS :censored: AGAIN!

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Is it ok to say that the Arena Football League has officially lost it when they are having Ron Jaworski, of all people, be the head of a project for bringing arena/indoor -style football to China. I'm sorry, but come on, why China? We have Canada and Europe with more than capable cities.

A Canadian League:

-Vancouver

-Edmonton

-Calgary

-Montreal

-Toronto

-Hamilton

-Winnipeg

-Quebec/Quebec City

... and more

European Cities:

-London

-Barcelona

-Dublin

-Hamburg

-Frankfurt

-Venice

Is it ok to say that the Arena Football League has officially lost it when they are having Ron Jaworski, of all people, be the head of a project for bringing arena/indoor -style football to China. I'm sorry, but come on, why China? We have Canada and Europe with more than capable cities.

A Canadian League:

-Vancouver

-Edmonton

-Calgary

-Montreal

-Toronto

-Hamilton

-Winnipeg

-Quebec/Quebec City

... and more

European Cities:

-London

-Barcelona

-Dublin

-Hamburg

-Frankfurt

-Venice

China has over 1.4 billion people and has built modern facilities which are slowly becoming white elephants.

Plus, this venture has nothing to do with the US league. It is separate and bankrolled by the Soul's primary owner, Martin Judge.

Dear god.

"Asked if the new AFL owners will endorse their team’s players wearing eye-black and face paint indoors, Stanley said, “We’ll leave that to the people who are better suited to make those decisions. But I personally think a little black under the eye looks very good.”"

<_<

And the Rush are in Rockford, and New York and Los Angeles are both dead, and the Pittsburgh owner once fired his team at an Olive Garden, and...

And as soon as the season is over, expansion teams in LA and Brooklyn are supposed to be granted. Chicago is going to cease to exist.

Well if they add LA and Brooklyn and subtract Chicago, I still think another expansion team would be in the works to reach an even number of 16 teams.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

Dear god.

"Asked if the new AFL owners will endorse their team’s players wearing eye-black and face paint indoors, Stanley said, “We’ll leave that to the people who are better suited to make those decisions. But I personally think a little black under the eye looks very good.”"

<_<

They are ready to draft Lattimer.

He still looks like he wants to kick ass.

Apparently, one reason explaining KISS' presence at Arena Bowl XXVI is to announce an Anaheim-based Los Angeles franchise. Cue the "Los Angeles KISS of Anahiem" jokes.

You got it. The LA KISS.

ohjd.jpg

Sadly, I thought the days of teams doing this were over.... Now were back to the days of the Miami Hooters & New Jersey red Dogs.

Wow, I thought this was a joke. And here I thought the AFL might lose the Rush and gain the L.A. Avengers.

I used to really like the AFL, but I think this pounds some nails into the door that I've had shut since the revival with only a few peeks inside. And I have nothing against KISS at all. (Although secondary arenas in major markets mixed with smaller markets is probably the right strategy ... I'm just not sure Rockford counts as a Chicago suburb yet. :) )

Also: Oregon Live is reporting that the Blazers are discussing moving the dormant Milwaukee Mustangs to Portland. Tune in Saturday to find out if it comes together.

That's what this league needs! The Forest Dragons!

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived