Teams that need new venues

Evil G

Where would a NFL team play in Toronto? Skydome is out, considering theyre kicking out the Argos and it is terrible for football anyways.

Also, my Bills better stay in Buffalo where they belong. And honestly, the Ralph isnt too bad of a location and setting, but they should do like what the packers did

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bills to Toronto seems like a non-starter. Coming up with the billion to buy the team is the easy part. The hard part is the second billion for the new stadium given that Skydome and its 52,000 seats won't cut it. Governments in Canada don't throw money at pro sports the way they do in the US. The best that any Canadian NFL owner could ever do is maybe to get a loan from the government on favourable terms... there will not be a giveaway here.

The only possible way government would build a freebie stadium is if Toronto got the Summer Olympics since somehow two-week international sports events get a free pass from the no-government-funded stadiums rule, and that has to be at least 15 years off.

I'm going to say the Bills in Toronto are a no go. Especially now because the Argos attendance is terrible this year. There just doesn't seem to be a football audience in Toronto anymore.

Maybe it will change if an NFL team comes, but I think the leagues should stay separate. NFL in the States and the CFL in Canada.

IbjBaeE.png

Bills to Toronto seems like a non-starter. Coming up with the billion to buy the team is the easy part. The hard part is the second billion for the new stadium given that Skydome and its 52,000 seats won't cut it. Governments in Canada don't throw money at pro sports the way they do in the US. The best that any Canadian NFL owner could ever do is maybe to get a loan from the government on favourable terms... there will not be a giveaway here.

The only possible way government would build a freebie stadium is if Toronto got the Summer Olympics since somehow two-week international sports events get a free pass from the no-government-funded stadiums rule, and that has to be at least 15 years off.

In addition, the Canadian Gov't will do whatever they can to block an NFL team from coming full time to Canada, because of the below

I'm going to say the Bills in Toronto are a no go. Especially now because the Argos attendance is terrible this year. There just doesn't seem to be a football audience in Toronto anymore.

Maybe it will change if an NFL team comes, but I think the leagues should stay separate. NFL in the States and the CFL in Canada.

and because a Canadian NFL team will single-handly destroy the CFL and the sport of Canandian Football

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

Plus, the current thought is that the trust handling the Bills sale doesn't necessarily have to take the highest bid. That, and the state seems ready to bend over for a new stadium if that's what the owner wants.

Rams. IMO,they should move back to Anahiem. Anaheim Rams or LA Rams?

Bills. Planning on building a new stadium but IMO they should move to Canada

Where I want the Bills to go in Canada:

Toronto

Montèral

Alberta

Calgary

Anywhere else in the US

OKC

LA

Austin

San Antoino

Calgary is a city in the province of Alberta. The more you know.

GO OILERS-GO BLUE JAYS-GO ESKIMOS-GO COLTS

I'm confused... it seems to be smack dab in the middle of downtown, but most of the buildings around it are 2-4 stories?

The new stadium will be north/northwest of the highway (I-75) -- aka outside of the downtown core -- and the idea for the stadium and ancillary projects are to keep low-level building design to fit in with WSU and midtown area.

In fact, the playing surface will be built 32-34 ft below street level to better fit into the current -- and future -- landscape of the neighborhoods.

Crain's has a great article on the entire project here: http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article/20140720/NEWS03/140719845/detroit-rink-city-ilitches-grand-plan-to-supersize-the-entertainment

--If the link doesn't work, google search the title and you will gain access to the entire article.

and because a Canadian NFL team will single-handly destroy the CFL and the sport of Canandian Football
It won't destroy anything besides the Argos. It won't change much anywhere else.

IbjBaeE.png

Rams. IMO,they should move back to Anahiem. Anaheim Rams or LA Rams?

Bills. Planning on building a new stadium but IMO they should move to Canada

Where I want the Bills to go in Canada:

Toronto

Montèral

Alberta

Calgary

Anywhere else in the US

OKC

LA

Austin

San Antoino

Calgary is a city in the province of Alberta. The more you know.

2:57

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAwXzPn2i-w&sns=em

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It won't destroy anything besides the Argos. It won't change much anywhere else.

It may not kill the CFL, although I wonder how the Ti-Cats would handle the NFL popping up as well, but it would cripple it. Toronto's the largest market in the league.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

That's true, but I've been made to believe that the CFL's power base is Western Canada, with Toronto and the GTA not really having the same loyalty to Canadian football. Right now, it seems like the Blue Jays are a bigger threat to the continued existence of the Argonauts than the NFL is, what with the SkyDome moving to natural grass and eliminating the football configuration.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

It may not kill the CFL, although I wonder how the Ti-Cats would handle the NFL popping up as well, but it would cripple it. Toronto's the largest market in the league.
Yes Toronto is the biggest market, but it's floundering recently. They are the lowest attendance this year and last year 6 out of 8 teams made a profit, Toronto and Montreal were the teams that didn't despite being the two biggest markets in the league.

I think the Ti-Cats should be fine. Hamilton is like the Pittsburgh of Canada. Blue collar city with a history in iron and extremely protective of their football team. Heck, they played in a different city last year and people still went to the games from Hamilton.

IbjBaeE.png

No one here is going to accuse you of distinguishing yourself as one of America's thinkers, but yes, Raleigh does suck as far as NHL hockey is concerned and has no business in this league but for the caprices of an incompetent software executive.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

No one here is going to accuse you of distinguishing yourself as one of America's thinkers, but yes, Raleigh does suck as far as NHL hockey is concerned and has no business in this league but for the caprices of an incompetent software executive.

Raleigh actually supports the team pretty well, when they aren't a laughing stock. I was talking about the city in general, not just the NHL. It's a lame area.

Is Ateles a PtW?

Or is that meme played out?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived