NHL unveils official logo for 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series

Luke_Groundrunner

The NHL unveiled the official 2014 Coors Light NHL Stadium Series logo earlier today at a press conference at Yankee Stadium.

Official Primary version:

hg54h65jh35j7634k64k.png

Here's the New York version:

y653u764i875k7986.png

What are your thoughts on the logo?

PS- If anyone has better quality versions of the logo(s) I would really appreciate it if you post it/them in this tread.

My "split second" reaction is that the blue shadowing below the STADIUM lettering looks really weird, especially under the A and D in the middle where it connects.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Minnesota Wild should play at Target Field

The Blackhawks should play at Wrigley Field

Blackhawks hosted a Winter Classic at Wrigley Field back in 2009. They elected to use the NFL Bears home field this time around.

I can see Minnesota Wild and Colorado Avalanche host a Stadium Series or Winter Classic in the very near future.

BTW for those curious, here's the Stadium Series schedule via Wikipedia

Game 1 January 25th - Anaheim Ducks VS Los Angeles Kings - at Dodger Stadium in LA

Game 2 January 26th - New Jersey Devils VS New York Rangers - at Yankee Stadium in NY

Game 3 January 29th - New York Islanders VS New York Rangers - at Yankee Stadium in NY

Game 4 March 1st - Pittsburgh Penguins VS Chicago Blackhawks - at Soldier Field in Chicago

If Coors keeps this sponsorship I imagine it would be hard for the Blues to get a chance to host.

"Welcome to the Coors Light Stadium Series live from Busch Stadium" probably wouldn't go over well.

"I did absolutely nothing and it was everything I thought it could be." -Peter Gibbons

RIP Demitra #38

The only bad thing is that it's sponsored by arguably one of the worst tasting American beers. I couldn't imagine if PBR or Natty was the title sponsor.

PHI ALPHA! SIGMA ALPHA EPSILON. CAROLINA GAMECOCKS. ST. LOUIS CARDINALS. ST. LOUIS BLUES. ORLANDO CITY SC. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS.

sc_gamecocks_sig1.png

Well, if it was sponsored by PBR, the NHL's hipster fan population would certainly spike.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

The only bad thing is that it's sponsored by arguably one of the worst tasting American beers. I couldn't imagine if PBR or Natty was the title sponsor.

Well, if it was sponsored by PBR, the NHL's hipster fan population would certainly spike.

PBR sponsoring something?

Surely you jest.

5amlwx.jpg

hg54h65jh35j7634k64k.png

Here's the New York version:

< didn't bother to copy and paste image >

What's the point of a "New York" version, when all the series logos will be the same? The only thing that changes is the name of the location. There's not even a distinctive color change for each host city.

Archived