Baltimore Ravens tweak jerseys for 2013

tv15

Ravens definitely made the wrong move, in terms of which color to make their collar.

Making it solid purple was an improvement, but solid black would've made much more sense.

The sleeve cuffs are still black... Not to mention, the previous set (before Nike), had solid black collars and cuffs.

Hmm...

BROWNS | BUCKEYES | CAVALIERS | INDIANS |

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anything, this just proves that the flywire is nothing but a gimmick, and completely worthless as a functional element of the jersey.

Idk...I mean they did win the Super Bowl with fly wire...

If they win it again that'll prove that it doesn't benefit performance.

Ravens definitely made the wrong move, in terms of which color to make their collar.

Making it solid purple was an improvement, but solid black would've made much more sense.

The sleeve cuffs are still black... Not to mention, the previous set (before Nike), had solid black collars and cuffs.

Hmm...

I disagree. Changing to a HUGE full black color would look pretty bad, in my opinion. The Nike collars are ridiculously large and look terrible in a color separate from the jersey colors (see Texans, Broncos).

arian-foster.jpgnike_champ2.0_standard_352.0.jpg

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I used to think that body-colored collars looked cheap and "unfinished", but I think that I'm coming around to them. Maybe it's just because it's better than the alternative with most of the Nike cuts.

Also - is it unethical to have every photo and video of the Superbowl photoshopped to reflect this change, since it's terrible that the half collars will be immortalized?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

You hate that they removed the toilet seat collars?

In any situation there's always one person...

HUGE thumbs up for this fix.

No change to the helmet stripes. Every other picture from from tonight's game confirms no change.

http://www.gettyimages.com/detail/news-photo/the-baltimore-ravens-deonte-thompson-runs-back-a-punt-news-photo/175810438

it's just a plastic wrap type thing that gets put over the helmet during practice to protect the stripes and stuff, and the air bubbles at the decal makes it look like there is a gray outline

Or he used car wax on his helmet. :D

You always get the wax outline on your pinstripes.

87Redskins.png

If anything, this just proves that the flywire is nothing but a gimmick, and completely worthless as a functional element of the jersey.

If they benefitted performance in any way - or even if they just kept them for superstitious reasons, I would agree. But they made a conscious decision to ditch them - despite winning the Super Bowl in them. To me that speaks volumes about their effectiveness, and exposes Nike's "technology."

I'm not a Nike hater, by any means, but as a fan of uniform design, it irks me to see them putting their own best interests above the interests of the teams in order to sell more jerseys at a higher price. It's nice to see the teams pushing back.

Nike's treatment of the NFL uniforms is just their chance at Reebok Edge v.2.0. If they can contribute some new cutting edge technology to benefit the teams, then great, but if not, I'd rather they quit messing up the looks just for the sake of putting their own stamp on it.

If they benefitted performance in any way - or even if they just kept them for superstitious reasons, I would agree. But they made a conscious decision to ditch them - despite winning the Super Bowl in them. To me that speaks volumes about their effectiveness, and exposes Nike's "technology."

I'm not a Nike hater, by any means, but as a fan of uniform design, it irks me to see them putting their own best interests above the interests of the teams in order to sell more jerseys at a higher price. It's nice to see the teams pushing back.

Nike's treatment of the NFL uniforms is just their chance at Reebok Edge v.2.0. If they can contribute some new cutting edge technology to benefit the teams, then great, but if not, I'd rather they quit messing up the looks just for the sake of putting their own stamp on it.

Other than Seattle, Nike didn't make any major changes to team's looks aside from the neck roll collars. And many of those were fixed this year. Also, it's unfair to blame Nike for it. The teams were the ones who signed off on it when they could have had the old-style cut if they desired.

g9pepl.jpg

You are aware that logic doesn't work that way, right?

Yeah, no I'm kidding.

I didn't like the huge collars at first, however i actually like them now and ultimately in glad the texans kept them.. On the field and on tv they really don't look that bad. And when compared to the old collars I actually prefer them. Seems like every picture of Matt schaub pre Nike is very bacon necky. I see these kinda like power collars.

The half collars are really bad however and I'm glad a few teams realized that and got rid of them.

Still not sure of the justification/reasoning/logic behind this collar design by Nike. It's ugly whether colored or not, it still looks like a toilet seat, and is way too big.

What's its purpose? Why is it so huge? Whats with the odd shape?

If the Ravens' sleeve trim is black, there should be a black collar, just not the way Nike's template has it. Looks terrible on the Texans.

Still not sure of the justification/reasoning/logic behind this collar design by Nike. It's ugly whether colored or not, it still looks like a toilet seat, and is way too big.

What's its purpose? Why is it so huge? Whats with the odd shape?

If the Ravens' sleeve trim is black, there should be a black collar, just not the way Nike's template has it. Looks terrible on the Texans.

The teams could have elected to have the old style collars, the patriots had them last year, and the bills added them this year, and i can see more teams doing so

Atlanta had a slimmer collar in their game. Didn't they have the short collars last year?

Atlanta had a slimmer collar in their game. Didn't they have the short collars last year?

Atlanta has the old style jerseys still, they dont have the "elite 51" template the rest of the league has, its them, the packers, eagles, and panthers that elected to have nike change absolutely nothing about their uniforms

And Raiders.

Carson+Palmer+Detroit+Lions+v+Oakland+Ra

They're the one team that I think could've benefited from new jerseys the most. You can literally see the shoulder pads through their jerseys. They seem so outdated. They could've even gone the bucs/cowboys route and kept the shiny pants.

Archived