Milwaukee Bucks New Court Unveiling Live

Elwood

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to the unveiling live. I like the court, but it looks too cautious. Like the exact middle between a cookie-cutter NBA court, and the old MECCA court. Just what they would allow.

A couple points they mentioned that weren't apparent right away:

1. There is a logo on the near sideline to represent Bucks championships (1, 1971).

2. The MECCA logo on the bottom right is a panel that will actually be designed by local artists, and a winner selected to appear on the court all season. It will then be auctioned off for charity and presumably replaced with different artwork next year.

3. Season ticket holder individual and corporate names will appear engraved in the green midcourt line.

I like the floor a lot, and it will look even better once they get rid of the bevel. The other thing that stand out to me, how much better the deer head logo looks when it's not on that stupid triangle with the beveled "BuckS" under it.

I'm kind of amazed how different the court looks when there is a lot less red used. I really want to believe they are already in the process of bringing back the Irish rainbow. I watched the unveiling on the Bucks website and I believe they also mentioned that the stand alone deer head logo at center court will be used a lot more this season as a secondary logo. Not sure what that means for the current secondary logo which is the antlers on the triangular shield.

I'm so glad they went with the two-tone M, but why do the baselines only say "Milwaukee" instead of the full team name? Do they plan to use the same court for Marquette? Can't be, the college lanes are gone, which I always hate. The buck head doesn't make a good center logo because of the way it cuts straight off and leaves that little triangle of light wood at the bottom. They made a lot of it better but made some of it worse.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Looking good. I, for one, am against dropping the red and switching back to green rainbow, since it would look dull. And the buck head leaving that little light triangle below it doesn' bother me at all, only that it cuts straight off at the bottom, but I guess I can live with that.

When I first heard the Bucks were going to unveil a Mecca-inspired court, I knew it had potential to either look great or hideously wrong. As a Bucks fan, I am pretty happy with how this turned out. Red is almost completely absent but it looks nice. My only complaint is the mid-court logo, like Admiral said. I never liked how the secondary logo just cuts off at the bottom of the chest. Looks like lazy cropping. If they just made the bottom come to a triangular point at the chest (matching the primary), it would bring the whole thing together better and make for a better mid-court logo.

Archived