The Big Ol' Counterfeit Jersey Thread

Ever think of taking advantage of an "internet deal"?

Here is their "quality"

Most of these sites have pop-up "customer service" boxes where the sales rep admitted to me that the jerseys are counterfit... his words!

Low quality China jerseys.

Take a look at their hockey jerseys. They can't get a font type or size correct to save their lives.

Their North Star Ns are way to big, same with the Whaler logos.

Their Blackhawk 1s are in correct.

ok, so , do you buy the stuff or not ? regardless of this banter

The materials used on letters number and patches don't seem to be the high quality material.

You definately get what you pay for.

From your link, the "low quality Chinese jersey" looks better than what the Colts wear on the field. Just saying...and laughing.

Reebok%20NFL%20Jerseys%20Indianapolis%20Colts%2029%20Joseph%20Addai%20white.jpg

Colts-Joseph-Addai-scores-in-31-26-victory-over-the-Raiders-in-Oakland-California.jpg

You think so?

To me the poor quality of the numbers and letters just scream "cheap knockoff to me". For example do you notice the "wavyness" in the numbers? It is not the stiff tackel twill that should be there. Its kind of the same material of a logo that would be on a Starter jacket.

Absolutely, the stripes actually look like stripes as opposed to an equals sign on each shoulder and the numbers are all a suitable size.

87Redskins.png

Blake_Griffin_Jersey_32_Los_Angeles_Clippers_RED__49825_zoom.jpg

Can anybody pick out any distinct differences between these Blake Griffin Jerseys and the official NBA swingmans?

Why don't we compare? (Second graphic courtesy the NBA Store)

p8493501dt.jpg

Sorry I couldn't find a Griffin.

Collar is off, and there's too much of a red stroke on the Los Angeles script. The LAC is also too low. (It's supposed to be at the tip of the collar)

Yeah, i checked the nba website but i was under the impression the official nba website images aren't completely accurate (ironic ey).

Just came to that conclusion when comparing a few older, pre revolution jerseys to how they look in real life. Also, the images on the nba website are very touched up to remain consistent with all the other jersey variants that have to coincide on the same webpage. Also, on the nba website you can't distinctly tell the difference between authentics and swingmans just from the image.

I noticed the collar was different and assumed it was one of those minor distinguishes that swingman jerseys have compared to the authentics.

Haha @ Rebel Sport, in their defense, I saw them charging *only" $70 for Lebron Cleveland jerseys. They're getting new Lebrons back in stock end of January. I asked about Blake Griffin but all the staff looked at me blankly. I told them he plays for the other team that plays in Los Angeles. Concluded Griffin jerseys weren't in stock when the new rev 30 swingmans arrived in Australia as they had never heard of Blake Griffin.

was this there response: there's another team in los angeles?

8026825156_0d03b8c868.jpg6864286734_be379a26d2_n.jpg

My fantasy teams: West Coast Cardinals (WRU), Glasgow Claymores (RLI) (Champions 2012) and Pemberton Foresters (VBL)

Blake_Griffin_Jersey_32_Los_Angeles_Clippers_RED__49825_zoom.jpg

Can anybody pick out any distinct differences between these Blake Griffin Jerseys and the official NBA swingmans?

Why don't we compare? (Second graphic courtesy the NBA Store)

p8493501dt.jpg

Sorry I couldn't find a Griffin.

Collar is off, and there's too much of a red stroke on the Los Angeles script. The LAC is also too low. (It's supposed to be at the tip of the collar)

Yeah, i checked the nba website but i was under the impression the official nba website images aren't completely accurate (ironic ey).

Just came to that conclusion when comparing a few older, pre revolution jerseys to how they look in real life. Also, the images on the nba website are very touched up to remain consistent with all the other jersey variants that have to coincide on the same webpage. Also, on the nba website you can't distinctly tell the difference between authentics and swingmans just from the image.

I noticed the collar was different and assumed it was one of those minor distinguishes that swingman jerseys have compared to the authentics.

Haha @ Rebel Sport, in their defense, I saw them charging *only" $70 for Lebron Cleveland jerseys. They're getting new Lebrons back in stock end of January. I asked about Blake Griffin but all the staff looked at me blankly. I told them he plays for the other team that plays in Los Angeles. Concluded Griffin jerseys weren't in stock when the new rev 30 swingmans arrived in Australia as they had never heard of Blake Griffin.

was this there response: there's another team in los angeles?

Haha, essentially yes. There was a confused silence, so i chimed in the word "Clippers". The couldn't identify ever having any Clippers jerseys.

There's a bunch of guys that showed up selling counterfeit crap at my college. If they show up again I'll report them. The thing is, how do you prove it?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

I hated when this store opened, as they sold the crap posted in this thread, so I'm glad the owner got his:

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/190887/group/homepage/

Why can't the Feds go after more important crimes like speeding?

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I have a couple of Chinese fakes that I bought during he summer, a red Jonathan Toews and a black Alexei Ramirez. The Ramirez one looks great, the Toews one is a little off, and it doesn't bother me. Combined they cost me like $75, about a third of what they would cost had I bought a real one.

I have a couple of Chinese fakes that I bought during he summer, a red Jonathan Toews and a black Alexei Ramirez. The Ramirez one looks great, the Toews one is a little off, and it doesn't bother me. Combined they cost me like $75, about a third of what they would cost had I bought a real one.

Blackhawk fakes can be spotted from a million miles away. I'm guessing the name font is wrong and they didn't get the 1 right and the Captian's C is incorrect too.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

Blackhawk fakes can be spotted from a million miles away. I'm guessing the name font is wrong and they didn't get the 1 right and the Captian's C is incorrect too.

And the Blackhawk logo is probably Larry Bird-colored, too.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

I haven't seen a single baseball fake which didn't look blantantly ridiculous to the point nearly anyone could tell it was fake. Maybe they have improved in the last year, but all the MLB fakes I have seen were awful. They are nearly belly shirts, they came down about 2 inches below the waist, the sleeves went down to the elbows and the logos were bubbly like the ones on Stater jackets.

OldRomanSig2.jpg

I've, sort of, got an interesting twist to this. My father was a big Ray Nitschke fan as a kid. They have a few counterfeit Nitschke jerseys, and I'd like to get one for him. He's never cared about whether a jersey is authentic. In fact he only owns one jersey, an authentic Panthers hockey jersey that has the #1 and DAD on the back with a captain's "C" on the front. My brother and I gave it to him for Father's Day. Otherwise he'd never buy a jersey for himself.

Seeing as he wouldn't care if it's authentic or not, should I get him the Chinese counterfeit? If he ever found out I spent $300 on an authentic jersey for him, he'd return it because that's how he is. He doesn't want people going out of their way for him. If he knows I only spent $30, he's much happier (weird, right?). Thoughts?

"Every morning in Africa, a gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be eaten. Every morning in Africa, a lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest gazelle or it will starve. It doesn't matter whether you're a lion or a gazelle. When the sun comes up, you'd better be running." - Unknown | 🌐 Check out my articles on jerseys at Bacon Sports 🔗
spacer.png

I've, sort of, got an interesting twist to this. My father was a big Ray Nitschke fan as a kid. They have a few counterfeit Nitschke jerseys, and I'd like to get one for him. He's never cared about whether a jersey is authentic. In fact he only owns one jersey, an authentic Panthers hockey jersey that has the #1 and DAD on the back with a captain's "C" on the front. My brother and I gave it to him for Father's Day. Otherwise he'd never buy a jersey for himself.

Seeing as he wouldn't care if it's authentic or not, should I get him the Chinese counterfeit? If he ever found out I spent $300 on an authentic jersey for him, he'd return it because that's how he is. He doesn't want people going out of their way for him. If he knows I only spent $30, he's much happier (weird, right?). Thoughts?

Even if its a gift, its still illegal.

Belts.jpg
PotD May 11th, 2011

If he doesn't care about the authenticity of it, then here's a much cheaper and legal solution: http://cgi.ebay.com/PACKERS-FOOTBALL-JERSEY-REEBOK-REPLICA-BLANK-LARGE-/140502312641?pt=US_Football_Fan_Shop&hash=item20b69726c1

Get the blank one and have it customized.