NHL Stadium Series Jerseys

Anubis2051

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really like these. 7/10

If they were to fix the yoke so it goes all the way around (don't cut out Reebok logo), remove the chrome in favor of orange and remove the chrome logo to put the pants one in its place, and remove the contrasting nameplate, then this would get a 10/10 for an alternate jersey for the Isles.

Contrasting nameplate and Reebok wordmark yoke cutout on the back. I've gone from ambivalence about these and crossed into dislike.

Me too. I did not mind the chrome logos for the Stadium Series. But once I saw the back, I went from thumbs up to thumbs down. I hate contrasting nameplates with a passion. And no explanation needed for the Reebox.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Not bad. Much better looking than the alternates they wear now (but then again an oil stain in your garage looks better than the current alternates) but solid none the less.

Nothing can top the almighty fisherman jerseys in terms of coolness but I will give these a thumbs up.

The Catch of the Day!

There'd better not be an ugly contrasting nameplate on the Kings' version. That has never, ever, ever looked good and will never look good.

Flyers' white nameplate on orange. Then and only then.

I will concede that the giant numbers are a nice accommodation for the big crowds far away, but the chrome is just stupid.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

There'd better not be an ugly contrasting nameplate on the Kings' version. That has never, ever, ever looked good and will never look good.

I will concede that the giant numbers are a nice accommodation for the big crowds far away, but the chrome is just stupid.

No it has never looked good

Other than the fact that the logo doesn't match anything else on the jersey, it is not a bad design. That goes out the window but when paired up against another team with the exact same jersey, just in a different color. It's like something out of an old video game or lower budget movie/TV show--the same uniform design, just in a different color.

At least Reebok's fake laces are light years ahead of Nike's. At first glance, you wouldn't even notice that they are different from the usual Edge laces.

I dont think the laces are fake (unless of course they went to the trouble to sublimate shadows on them)

Jersey_CU_03_500x325_slide.jpg

Assuming it's an authentic in the photos, the green tape inside the neck would suggest that jersey is an Indonesian-made fauxthentic. And no identity-defining Hanger Effect?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

At least Reebok's fake laces are light years ahead of Nike's. At first glance, you wouldn't even notice that they are different from the usual Edge laces.

I dont think the laces are fake (unless of course they went to the trouble to sublimate shadows on them)

Jersey_CU_03_500x325_slide.jpg

Not fake as in not real laces, fake in the sense that they don't tie anywhere. I don't see anything so far to suggest that those two laces are connected in any way.

I thought so. Having trouble posting photos on this computer, but something was posted yesterday in the 2013-14 NHL Changes thread.

I'm really beginning to wonder whether the Isles are going to demote their crest upon their move to Brooklyn and just use the NY as a primary logo. What do you guys think?

they won't. this has been debunked ad nauseum by the owner of the team, the general manager of the team, the CEO of the barclays center, and pretty much everyone in between. brooklyn-inspired patch added to primaries, new black-and-white third when they move.

as far as the stadium series jerseys, i think the critique of them on here is way too harsh. you haven't other jerseys, so you don't know how much of this was based on choices the islanders made and how much is cookie cutter. that said, i think they look pretty sharp. don't like the diagonal sleeve striping or the fact that the yoke stops so that it frame the reebok wordmark, but other than that, i enjoy it.

sig2024.png

I don't even like those. If a team has to have a contrasting nameplate, making it part of the yoke like Carolina has done on their new white sweaters is really the only good option.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

I don't even like those. If a team has to have a contrasting nameplate, making it part of the yoke like Carolina has done on their new white sweaters is really the only good option.

Technically not a contrasting nameplate, because the nameplate is the same color as the fabric underneath it.

Archived