NHL Stadium Series Jerseys

Anubis2051

I still am going back and forth on this one. In a way I think they're like the Isles first set of edge jerseys that tried to do too many of the popular jersey elements at the time but I think the final product is better than those were. I agree with what many have said that a flat rather than "chromed" logo might have been the difference maker in making this a better looking jersey. As far as the full uniform I wish they would've stayed away from that giant version of the logo on the pants. Its just not helping things.

mets.png

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ducks and Kings both formally announced on Instagram that they will both unveil their jerseys on Tuesday at 9 a.m. Pacific. They play each other Tuesday night in Anaheim.

Kings actually have a teaser video which I think is a ridiculously extreme close-up of the armpit and the crown logo. The jersey looks to be white, but for all I know it could be silver.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

4. One team did it in the 70's out of sheer penny pinching cheapness so they didn't have to make another set of nameplates for the few games they were on national TV (where NHL rules required names)

Penny pinching cheapness??? They were a still new, broke team in the 70s. They didn't have the money to get new uniforms for tv so they had to use the same nameplates from their white jerseys. Throwing words into your argument like that make your bias pretty obvious.

The nameplates are a representation of a unique element in the team history, updated for the modern era and thats always a cool thing. Like the GSH initials embedded in the stripes of the Chicago Bears jersey, its something you cant point to and say, theres a story behind that.

4. One team did it in the 70's out of sheer penny pinching cheapness so they didn't have to make another set of nameplates for the few games they were on national TV (where NHL rules required names)

Penny pinching cheapness??? They were a still new, broke team in the 70s. They didn't have the money to get new uniforms for tv so they had to use the same nameplates from their white jerseys. Throwing words into your argument like that make your bias pretty obvious.

The nameplates are a representation of a unique element in the team history, updated for the modern era and thats always a cool thing. Like the GSH initials embedded in the stripes of the Chicago Bears jersey, its something you cant point to and say, theres a story behind that.

still the whites shouldn't have black nameplates

still the whites shouldn't have black nameplates

Yeah, definitely. They should just stick to white nameplates on both.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

4. One team did it in the 70's out of sheer penny pinching cheapness so they didn't have to make another set of nameplates for the few games they were on national TV (where NHL rules required names). Said team then brought it back for their new old uniforms and (incorrectly) put different contrasting nameplates on both of their jerseys. So if it's a throwback to a bygone era it wasn't that widespread a practice in that era. The contrasting nameplate is basically a revisionist's history of how nameplates used to work on hockey jerseys.

The Flyers have been a lot of things, but never cheap. Maybe lazy, maybe ambivalent, but never cheap.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Stadium Series wishlist for next season you ask?

Well, Colorado has to be a lock, especially with Coors being the sponsor. Others in line would have to be St. Louis. It would have to be played at Busch Stadium, which I'm not sure will go over well. Minnesota, San Jose, Boston..

Colorado vs. Phoenix (only picked them because they can't really host and the other nominees are hopeful hosts) or insert someone else at Mile High

St. Louis vs. Chicago at Busch Stadium (I know the Blackhawks would be in it 2 years in a row, but who else? Nashville?)

Boston vs. Carolina at Foxboro (with Carolina rocking Whalers throwbacks)

Minnesota vs. Dallas at Target Field (Minny's old team vs. the new. Someone must wear North Stars unis)

OTHERS, possibly for the year after:

San Jose vs. L.A. at AT & T Park

Winnipeg vs. Edmonton at Investor's Group Field (Heritage Classic)

sig.png

Well, Colorado has to be a lock, especially with Coors being the sponsor. Others in line would have to be St. Louis. It would have to be played at Busch Stadium, which I'm not sure will go over well. Minnesota, San Jose, Boston..

Colorado vs. Phoenix (only picked them because they can't really host and the other nominees are hopeful hosts) or insert someone else at Mile High

St. Louis vs. Chicago at Busch Stadium (I know the Blackhawks would be in it 2 years in a row, but who else? Nashville?)

Minnesota vs. Dallas at Target Field (Minny's old team vs. the new. Someone must wear North Stars unis)

i don't see any stadium series games at busch as long as coors is the sponsor

The Flyers identity did just fine without contrasting nameplates for thirty plus years. It's nowhere near the same level as the GSH. Just because it's your team doesn't mean you have to get personally insulted because I don't like one (dumb) part of their identity.

The Flyers didn't want to get matching sets of nameplates because it was easier to take one off and slap it on the other jersey in the event they had to appear on a nationally televised game than it was to just get two sets of nameplates. That's a bush league move and whether it was out of laziness or cheapness or both anyone who tries to emulate the practice is going to wear a sweater that looks lazy and cheap.

Also, it wasn't that widespread a practice at the NHL level so all these fauxbacks that use contrasting nameplates are also using revisionist history, including the Flyers themselves because both their jerseys didn't have contrasting nameplates at the time.

Even if none of that were true, contrasting nameplates still look worse than the alternative.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Investor's Group Field would be a great venue for a Heritage Classic. I watched a Blue Bombers game this summer and it was a great new building. Beautiful I loved it. The team on the other hand not so much.

I agree with Edmonton as well, because Ottawa will get a game against Toronto soon when their new field is ready.

cbe40ver0fdixhaag4regu3k0.gif3109.gifmt0sb106vq1t9wff53rzn98j9.gif

From Sudbury to Peterborough, now in Sherbrooke

2v274et.jpgWonderfully done by Silent Wind of Doom

I think with Coors being the sponsor, Coors Field is a much more likely location.

Boston vs. Montreal is more likely as well, and maybe have StL as the road team in COL?

Anubis.png

Archived