NHL Stadium Series Jerseys

Anubis2051

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I swear its impossible to ever release a jersey and have it be a positive response on this site. Such whiny brats.

The Kings jersey looks good and the Ducks isnt that bad. Its one game people....

most people are saying they like at least one of them, I'm like both said i liked the ducks more and i just didn't like the yoke on the kings jersey, so look at the whole thread before calling us names like whiny brats

I guess I am in the minority here... But I like all the jerseys that have been posted, including the Ducks. The Kings one looks the best though.

OT: Has anyone ever made a mock up of the Ducks Alt in white. The Alt is my favorite set was just curious to see if they could pull it off in white.

I swear its impossible to ever release a jersey and have it be a positive response on this site. Such whiny brats.

Completely untrue. The Blue Jays, Mets, Vikings, Stars, Winnipeg Jets, and a few others got mostly positive reviews because they unveiled pretty good looking uniforms. Disasters like the Sabres alt and the Jaguars got mostly negative reviews because those uniforms were terrible. The pulse of this place with regards to a new uniform is a pretty good gauge of whether it's a good look or not.

People want a uniform to look good, we're rooting for a uniform to look good. Nobody is giving something a negative review just to give a negative review.

PvO6ZWJ.png

That Ducks shoulder patch.

How cute, Orange County thinks they are people.

I was in class when I saw the Ducks shoulder patch and I burst out laughing. Sorry, Ducks fans.

This is something we're still going to do? OK then. Don't be sorry. I mean why on earth would a team want to appeal to a large majority of its fanbase? The horror!

---

I actually really like both jerseys. I love the contrast between the two, especially for the one game scenario.

Ducks:

- LOVE the Orange. I mean they're really playing up the ORANGE County thing, and with the shoulder patches, the LA vs OC thing. Perfectly fine by me.

- I'd prefer two shoulder patches and putting the Stadium Series on the chest, but with the Kings and Isles, it's obviously a template thing.

- Speaking of the template, they're all similar but just different enough. I like that the Ducks aren't also doing the shoulder caps, but I'd like a little more from the arm stripes. At least make them swoop or something.

- I actually like the collar detail.

- Not too high on the angled numbers, but hey, at least there isn't a contrasting nameplate.

- Sigh... le chrome...

- I do wish there was a little more to it, but honestly, the orange really plays for me. When I'm sitting in my seats at Dodger Stadium, I'll know without a doubt which team is which. It won't be like when the Ducks play at Staples and it's a Black/Silver team vs a White/Black team. You'll know exactly who is who even from way up in the bleachers at Chavez Ravine.

Kings:

- Like I said, love the contrast in jersey colors. The gray really works, even if it wasn't paired up against the bright orange.

- Use of the crown logo. FAR superior to the LA shield, or the Gretzky Chevy logo. It works.

- Striping is great. Traditional form, but I actually like the way they angle up into the arm stripes. Creative twist.

- Like I said with the Ducks, it's obviously all the same template, but they are all different enough and unique enough. The shoulders do look back to the years with the purple/black crown. It works well with that logo on the chest.

- Hooray, no contrasting nameplate, but again, ugh with the number tilt.

- And again, the chrome. It works better on the Kings logo than the others, because a crown is actually metal, but still dumb.

- I don't like the black helmet vs black helmet thing, though. The Kings could have worked with a gray helmet, I think, but the Ducks wouldn't have worked with an orange/white/gold helmet.

Overall, I like them both. I think it'll be a great jersey match-up at Dodger Stadium. Especially for the event. On a regular basis, probably not. I think the gray jersey could stay in the Kings rotation. The Ducks should get a regular orange jersey, but not this one for a consistent thing.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

I refuse to like the Ducks because I see no egg plant and teal, and no Duck Mask. Or the 90's striping. Kings are pretty good though. I just hope this chrome logo thing isn't for all teams like the Blackhawks or something, even though I know it most likely is.

I refuse to like the Ducks because I see no egg plant and teal, and no Duck Mask. Or the 90's striping. Kings are pretty good though. I just hope this chrome logo thing isn't for all teams like the Blackhawks or something, even though I know it most likely is.

This isn't a Heritage/Winter CLASSIC! It's a Stadium Series game, which, aside from the Devils for some reason, they've given us no genuine indication that there would be any throwing back of any kind. It was pure speculation on our parts that made us think there might be some Mighty appearances.

The Kings jersey is the better of the two, but I don't mind the Ducks jersey as much as I thought I would. I was taken aback by it, but after a few hours of letting it sink in, I'm okay with and will probably buy it.

The entire angled numbers on the sleeves annoys the hell out of me tough.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

This isn't a Heritage/Winter CLASSIC! It's a Stadium Series game, which, aside from the Devils for some reason, they've given us no genuine indication that there would be any throwing back of any kind. It was pure speculation on our parts that made us think there might be some Mighty appearances.

The Kings jersey is the better of the two, but I don't mind the Ducks jersey as much as I thought I would. I was taken aback by it, but after a few hours of letting it sink in, I'm okay with and will probably buy it.

The entire angled numbers on the sleeves annoys the hell out of me tough.

Oh me not liking the Ducks uni isn't because I expected it to be a throwback. I was aware it would be the current stuff because they had leaked those logos and stuff. I just think the whole current identify is garbage to the old Mighty set. There's no other reason than that.

I always preferred the Mighty set, but am okay with the current set. Absolutely love the current third jersey.

Anyone else notice that Getzlaf is clearly wearing a replica jersey? All the close up images are clearly of the materials of a replica jersey (complete with sublimated name, numbers and the OC logo.)

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

sweater_050_slide.jpg

What's that on the left sleeve cuff? Why, I do say that's the Reebok logo that's only found on replicas.

Can someone tell him Movember is over? It's DecemBEARD!!!!

I love the colour orange, so this one is a winner to me, I also like those stripes that don't wrap around.

The issue I have with the kings is that unlike the Isles, the Kings is one team that did Metallic well, and these new shades of grey/black is too monochromatic, like one of those all blacks fashion jersey: if you wear them around LA, you'll blend in with the smog.

@Frenchie_TO
Owner of the Rochester Americans of the MLH

Owner of the Toronto Frenchies of the GCFHL6

He probably took the pictures in November, hence the mustache.

And yeah I pointed out the Getzlaf in replica thing earlier. Plastic patches, plastic numbers, Reebok wordmarks, jock tag, and lack of Stadium Series patch. (Not to mention how small it is on Getzlaf.) But of course, Dustin Brown is modelling the authentic, so whatever, NHL.

Also, the Getzlaf's captain "C" is not the same as the regular jerseys. The "C" on Getzlaf's jersey is the NOB font "C". So I don't know if that's just a stupidly horrible/lazy mistake, or what is actually going to be on the jersey.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULB | USMNT | USWNT | LAFC | OCSC | MAN UTD |

I like them both. I like the simplicity of them. I actually even like the angled numbers as it makes sense to me and it's done subtly, unlike the crappy numbers the Islanders and Blues did in the 90's. The only thing I would change, is to interlock the "OC" on the Ducks jersey and maybe put it on both shoulders. I give them both an A.

What's with the laceup? Why is Reebok trying to mess with something that is purely hockey and has nothing wrong with it? They already tampered and put the fabric behind the laces, making it nothing but show and adding the NHL logo. Now they're getting goofy. First the Flames' thirds are supposed to be upside-down, now these are two-laced and inside-out. WHERE ARE THE KNOTS?! WHERE ARE THE KNOTS?!?!

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Archived