2014 FIFA World Cup

DS729

Yeah remember 2002? The US looked in good shape going 1-0-1 in their first 2 and were playing Poland, a team that looked utterly miserable in their first 2 games. Then the US got run of the stadium, losing 3-1 to the Poles, and had to get bailed out by the Koreans, winning over Portugal, who were down a man. Can't wait for Thursday. Who knows what the hell is going to go down.

san-francisco-giants-cap.jpgsanfranciscob.gifArizonaWildcats4.gifcalirvine.jpg
BEAR DOWN ARIZONA!

2013/14 Tanks Picks Champion

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But no, a pissed off German side will probably MOD EDIT

Stop posting.

If the Americans can repeat today's performance but without the two gaffes on Thursday, we'll be fine. We'll advance.

Despite the fact that this draw feels like a loss, I'm damn proud of our team. Came back and took the lead with 8 minutes left against friggin' Portugal, and it's awesome that we are actually disappointed that we tied them! Think about that. We're upset that we didn't win. This is especially astounding when you consider coming into this tournament, a draw against Portugal would be considered huge and we'd be thrilled with the outcome.

I believe that we will win. I really damn do.

Cowboys - Lakers - LAFC - USMNT - LA Rams - LA Kings - NUFC 

If the Americans can repeat today's performance but without the two gaffes on Thursday, we'll be fine. We'll advance.

Despite the fact that this draw feels like a loss, I'm damn proud of our team. Came back and took the lead with 8 minutes left against friggin' Portugal, and it's awesome that we are actually disappointed that we tied them! Think about that. We're upset that we didn't win. This is especially astounding when you consider coming into this tournament, a draw against Portugal would be huge and acceptable.

I believe that we will win. I really damn do.

RockstarMatt, that is said just like a Cowboys fan since Parcells and with Tony Romo as QB.

"If Romo didn't....we would have...".

Sometimes a :censored: happens and it is done by a better player (CR7), who makes a better play.

Don't worry, Michael Bradley is not the soccer version of Patrick Crayton in 2008.

This might be a minority opinion, but I have no ethical problem US and Germany Thursday kicking the ball back and forth for 90 minutes to get a 0-0 draw.

The Beautiful Game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asTgXMFoZ-s

If you took the time out from trolling you would actually realise football/soccer is far from that reality of cartoons you obviously believe in to prove a worthless point amongst the lovers of the beautiful game. Puts your post count up by one. You must feel proud of yourself.

glory10.png

Oh come on. That's the episode where Homer buys a gun after Springfield has a soccer riot because they're too American and think it's boring. It's lampooning Americans as much as it is soccer. That's golden era Simpsons.

PvO6ZWJ.png

This might be a minority opinion, but I have no ethical problem US and Germany Thursday kicking the ball back and forth for 90 minutes to get a 0-0 draw.

The Beautiful Game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asTgXMFoZ-s

If you took the time out from trolling you would actually realise football/soccer is far from that reality of cartoons you obviously believe in to prove a worthless point amongst the lovers of the beautiful game. Puts your post count up by one. You must feel proud of yourself.
Do you gt offended by absolutely everything someone has to say about soccer? Surely you'd be used to a lot of North Americans not being excited about the game as much as some other sports by now? It's not like anyone even tries to use the Simpsons to prove a point anyway (usually.)

Arguing for soccer is pointless anyway since clearly the majority of our planet enjoys the hell out of it. At least they do every 4 years.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

My favourite stat offered up in the run up to the Netherlands v Chile is that this is the first game since 1996 - some 221 matches - in which the Dutch starting XI doesn't contain at least one player with 'van' as part of their name.

I don't have any problems with people who jump on the soccer bandwagon solely during the World Cup or people who say soccer just isn't for them and they don't like it at all. The only group that makes me angry are the people who don't like soccer and they do not want anyone else to enjoy it either.

Moving forward, let's try to keep the commentary in this thread focused on the goings-on in the 2014 FIFA World Cup. That's as opposed to commentary focused on people's enthusiasm, ambivalence, or contempt for the sport of soccer in general. If you're genuinely not interested in the sport, this isn't the thread in which to trumpet said personal opinion. Ditto for questioning why soccer enthusiasts do care for the sport.

In other words, let's refrain from trolling, please.

Thank you.

Archived