2014 FIFA World Cup

DS729

I'm a little surprised that Ann Coulter's anti-soccer rant from the other day hasn't gotten at least a mention here yet.

In a strange way, it's actually a good sign of progress - the haters are starting to move on from "Nobody in the US cares about soccer; soccer sucks" to "Lots of Americans really do care about soccer... and that sucks."

Because Ann's crazy. She stopped being relevant in this country when she first talked to Fox News.

tumblr_nulnnz7RCV1r5jqq2o1_250.jpg

Oh what could have been....

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Luis Suarez is now claiming that he did not bite Chiellini.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/06/luis-suarez-bite-uruguay-fifa-response

“In no way it happened how you have described, as a bite or intent to bite. After the impact… I lost my balance, making my body unstable and falling on top of my opponent. At that moment I hit my face against the player leaving a small bruise on my cheek and a strong pain in my teeth.”

*cough*bull :censored: *cough*

qvxym9f.png
Many thanks to Discrimihater for making the sig.

It's kind of cheap to start this now I know, but I don't think these two games would have been different in my predictions.

So here they are.

Round of 16:

Brazil 1-1 Chile (4-3 Penalties) (already completed)

Colombia 2-0 Uruguay (in progress)

France 3-0 Nigeria

Germany 2-1 Algeria

Netherlands 1-1 Mexico (3-2 Penalties)

Costa Rica 1-0 Greece

Argentina 3-1 Switzerland

Belgium 2-1 USA (Extra Time)

QuarterFinals:

Colombia 1-1 Brazil (4-3 Penatlies)

France 3-2 Germany (Extra Time)

Netherlands 2-1 Costa Rica

Argentina 3-1 Belgium

Semis

France 2-2 Colombia (4-2 Penalties)

Netherlands 3-3 Argentina (5-4 Penalties)

3rd Place

Argentina 4-2 Colombia

Finals

Netherlands 2-1 France

With James Rodriguez having a left foot as powerful as his, Colombia has a good chance against Brazil. Especially if Brazil plays like they did today. Uruguay was just an absolute mess on the pitch, couldn't get a string of passes together to build up their momentum. Plus it doesn't help much with all the controversy around the team with the Suarez banning.

Brazil v Colombia Quarterfinal will be very very mouth watering!

Tomorrow's predictions in the second group of Round of 16 matches:

Netherlands 2-1 Mexico (RVP will score a brace for the Oranje)

Costa Rica 3-0 Greece (Greece's lack of creativity and Costa Rica's speed will burn the Greeks)

Predictions?

I am going to say James Rodriquez's stock as AS Monaco will definitely rise sharply with his goal and setup contribution to the Colombian efforts at this World Cup. I know I would love to see a player like Rodriguez grace the pitch for Arsenal. I was signing his praises well before the World Cup. Just wish Wenger could have made a move for him prior to the World Cup.

Every World Cup and EUROs, you always see players who are average in domestic league play step up their game in the big tournaments and cash it in either a new contract or a big transfer to a big name club.

Ramadan started Saturday.

While the four South American nations who played today did not have to really deal with this, Algeria, Nigeria, Germany, France (Benzema, Pogba, Sissoko and Sagna), Switzerland, and Belgium have Muslim players and decisions to make. Sagna has stated he will not fast as will Ozil.

I am going to say James Rodriquez's stock as AS Monaco will definitely rise sharply with his goal and setup contribution to the Colombian efforts at this World Cup. I know I would love to see a player like Rodriguez grace the pitch for Arsenal. I was signing his praises well before the World Cup. Just wish Wenger could have made a move for him prior to the World Cup.

Every World Cup and EUROs, you always see players who are average in domestic league play step up their game in the big tournaments and cash it in either a new contract or a big transfer to a big name club.

That's so true. If Boateng didn't hurt Ballack back in 2010, Khedira would propably not play in Madrid today.

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Fantastic matches yesterday. I still believe it will be Brazil in the final. They struggled yesterday against a very good passing team but still came through it.

The Quarter Final against Colombia will be a very similar match.

Todays matches. I reckon Mexico can get at the Netherlands like Australia did but will lose by a single goal. 2-1

Costa Rica to beat Greece 2-0.

glory10.png

After dominating most of the game, Mexico finally breaks through against The Netherlands.

However, I fully expect the Dutch to equalize, well, because they're freaking Dutch!

6uXNWAo.png

Archived