The Best Looking Divisions

Silent Wind of Doom

AL Central is solid, classic, and consistent. Every other division seems to have at least one team that's "meh" to bad.

The AL Central has some beautiful, classy, and classic looks, but there's a lot of faults.

33m1npe.jpg

Agreed. The AL East is ruined by the Rays, Every team is solid in the Central.

Wuh... buh... Oh my head. That's the exact opposite of what I was saying. When the teams look like THAT they're beautiful, but they don't always and sometimes rarely look like that.

b7i9np.jpg

Both teams have jumbled, confused sets that mix two completely different identities, muddling their looks. Both have a beautiful modern look and a very strictly traditional look. And the traditional looks would be fine as throwback alternates, but each team wears modern home whites and traditional road grays! Then they have traditional home alternates and modern colored road alternates. Not to mention the fact that, while navy blue and white look really good together, red ON navy without white between makes both colors blend and blur, resulting in a rather bleh look. Speaking of "bleh", I still hate that C, which is making more and more headway in the team's set.

While I personally don't think the Rays are THAT bad. I mean, they're not the Marlins. But even if they were, the Yankees, Red Sox, Orioles, and Blue Jays look just about perfect (I personally don't hate the Boston road grays as much as others do), and I think that counterbalances the Rays well.

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NHL: Central- The Blackhawks and Stars look amazing as do the Wild and Jets. The Preds and Blues look decent although Nashville looks incredibly better in that template than St. Louis does. The only weak link would be the Avs.

MLB: AL East- They all look pretty good, even the Rays.

NFL: NFC North- Is there really a challenger? The AFC West looks good too but not nearly as good as the NFC North.

NBA: Atlantic- Like the AL East, they all look pretty good.

NHL- Atlantic, they have 4 of the O6 and the sabers who look good not including alternate, the senators will probably switch to the fauxbacks soon so that will make the division look better, and panthers, and lightning both could look better and had better looks in their past and should go back to them

MLB- AL East, as others have mentioned Yanks, Sox, Jays, and Orioles all are great looks, and rays aren't too bad either

NBA- Central, the cavs, bulls, and pistons all are some of the best looks in the NBA, the pacers aren't too bad either, and the Bucks are bad, but every division has at least one bad looking team.

NFL- I want to say AFC East because i like the pats and like their look even though others don't, and the dolphins redesign brought down the division as well, so I'd say NFC North as well.

I'd have to say the NL East for baseball. The Phillies have a gorgeous all around set, as do the Mets (Although the road blues could use some work). The Nationals have a crisp and clean look, and the Braves look great (Although I do hate their navy and cream alternates). And although the Marlins certainly don't look great, they do stand out. They aren't some other navy and red team, and their uniforms pop in a way that no other team's do. They use white and orange in the perfect amount. Their grey jerseys are crap, but this makes wearing black (or orange) on the road even more acceptable and unique. I think it's good for (some) teams to wear colors on the road. Just fix up the size of the wordmarks, and put "Marlins" on the home and you have a pretty good uniform.

Are FBS Independents considered a "division/conference?"

Hard to beat the timeless looks of Notre Dame and BYU, plus Army and Navy are churning out ridiculously good looking modernized sets.

If you scrap the 2014 newbies (UMD & RUT) and their scattered looks, I'll be a homer and say the Big Ten. The whole conference is solid, but Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State and Nebraska bring enough history on the field and woven in the fabric to make any traditionalist's head explode.

Pants stripes, pride stickers and helmet wings. Can't really get more old school.

Side note; aesthetically, the Big Ten = NFC North.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

The NHL's Central Division is certainly the most colourful in the league:
mhw1aq.jpg

qqeb9x.jpg
2d95wg5.jpg
qoaoap.jpg
21b2k47.jpg
zl5gg9.jpg
2zz812r.jpg
(Saved the best for last, obviously. ;) )

If the Blues and Avalanche drop the Reebok Aprons in favour of more traditional striping, they would definitely be a candidate for 'Best Looking Division' in the NHL.

5amlwx.jpg

The NHL's Central Division is certainly the most colourful in the league:

mhw1aq.jpg

qqeb9x.jpg

2d95wg5.jpg

qoaoap.jpg

21b2k47.jpg

zl5gg9.jpg

2zz812r.jpg

(Saved the best for last, obviously. ;) )

If the Blues and Avalanche drop the Reebok Aprons in favour of more traditional striping, they would definitely be a candidate for 'Best Looking Division' in the NHL.

The preds jerseys could improve too

In the NFL, my vote goes to the AFC West. Two very solid and visually appealing traditional looks (Chiefs & Raiders) and two of the better examples of modern NFL looks (Broncos & Chargers). A near-perfect blend. The Chargers are probably the weak link, but I believe that they're a few tweaks away from looking pretty nice (make powder the primary blue, demote navy to the alternate). I don't dislike any of these looks.

The NFC North is a very close second for me....but I have a dirty little secret: I've always disliked the Bears' uniforms. There's just something about them that irks me. Other than that, little to no problems. Normally I dislike numbers without outlines, but the Packers' (traditional) and Vikings' (modern) looks are just so well done that it's not even a big issue for me. Bonus points for having vibrant color schemes as well. Detroit has another well-done modern look, and their tactful use of black pleases me greatly. They also use a very nice shade of blue. The Bears really look dull and bland being in a division with 3 colorful teams. So this division only comes in second due to Da Bears.

The NFC South comes in at third. Yes, there's an overabundance of black, but when these teams pick the right combos, they look really good. Plus, the colors provide a nice contrast when pitted against each other (Blue vs Red, Pewter vs Gold). I never understood the hate for the Falcons' look, especially since I never cared for the ultra-generic look they sported up until then, but I must admit, it's long past time to cut down on the piping. Do that, and they'll have a top modern look in my eyes. The Saints need to put a stripe on those black pants, that's it. Carolina's managed to blend both modern and traditional elements in an interesting way, but it's nowhere near as good as Tampa friggin' Bay, one of the best-looking teams in the NFL, period. So, the NFC South places third, because 3 teams only need minor tweaks, and 1 team is a Top 5 look for sure.

Just my $0.02.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Anyone else notice both the NFC North and AFC North are the only "red free" divisions in the major 4 pro sports?

I had not noticed that.

I agree with you (But someone is going to suggest that there is red in one of those divisions...in fact on two teams)

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Are FBS Independents considered a "division/conference?"

Hard to beat the timeless looks of Notre Dame and BYU, plus Army and Navy are churning out ridiculously good looking modernized sets.

Now if only BYU could return to the royal blue that most people know them by:

byu-13-royalblue-1-620x362.jpg

(With white pants, of course).

Pyc5qRH.gifRDXvxFE.gif

usu-scarf_8549002219_o.png.b2c64cedbb44307eaace2cf7f96dd6b1.png

AKA @LanRovr0 on Twitter

LED Sig Credits to packerfan21396

• 4 months later...

I would say the AL West oddly. The Mariners look solid like they have been (especially the Northwest Green jersey), the A's have one of the most underrated uniforms in baseball, Texas has been improved quite a bit, and the Angels look great. Not to mention, the Astros are pretty sharp too.

Astros-2014-preview-over-unders-030614.j

7701868.jpg

david-freese-by-the-numbers-9cfa30ec21f2

rangers-preview-3414.jpg

sonny-gray-3514.jpg

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

If you scrap the 2014 newbies (UMD & RUT) and their scattered looks, I'll be a homer and say the Big Ten. The whole conference is solid, but Ohio State, Michigan, Penn State and Nebraska bring enough history on the field and woven in the fabric to make any traditionalist's head explode.

Pants stripes, pride stickers and helmet wings. Can't really get more old school.

Id like to say the SEC and the B1G are the 2 most traditional uniforms in the game.

Bama, Auburn, LSU, Florida, Georiga, A&M, Arkansas (kinda), Tennessee, Michigan, Michigan St, Ohio St, Nebraska, Penn St

Archived