Tampa Bay Buccaneers Getting New Logo, Helmet & Uniforms

TampaBayRays

Would it have killed them to run it past the fans first? I mean, Fortune 500 companies do test trials with real people all the time, so why not the Bucs? "These are our new uniforms and there's nothing you can do about it" is the height of arrogance and tone deafness.

Because fans don't know what they want. Half will hate it, half will love it. Other teams have tried it and it's never worked before.

You're forgetting that your typical fan doesn't know the first thing about uniform design.

I find that very hard to believe in this instance. These unis are objectively bad.

Nope, it's subjectively bad. You hate them, so do many others, but someone out there loves them.

There have been numerous attempts to have fans pick uniforms. It never works out because no one can ever agree on anything.

I'm not saying the fans should have designed the unis. I'm saying the team should have shown them the art concepts so this thing could have been strangled in its crib--kind of like what happened with the Niners' new helmet years ago. Now it's too late.

But that's exactly the point I was making. It wouldn't have solved anything.

They show them to 100 fans...

"They're great! I love them!"

"They suck! Get rid of them!"

"I guess they're okay..."

"I don't really care..."

See the problem? No one is going to agree and what someone likes today they may not like tomorrow. There is a reason teams rarely consider fan input, because fans don't often know what they really want.

EDIT: The other problem is you almost always only hear from a vocal minority. Message boards like this always have extremes, either those who love them or those who hate them. You're not often going to hear from the people in the middle, which is another reason why fan-based surveys and polls are generally flawed.

No, I think there would have been a huge backlash. If Niner fans knew :censored: when they saw it, so can the Bucs.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While I haven't been a fan of recent new looks for Seattle, Miami, and JAX, I actually like this Tampa set. Guess I'm in the minority.

I was also pleasantly surprised by this new look. I think it gives Tampa Bay a distinctive look as opposed to their old set, which was really just plain boring and generic. That new number font could use some work, though.

"Jesus said to him, 'I am the way, and the truth, and the life.'" - John 14:6

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." - John 3:16

While I haven't been a fan of recent new looks for Seattle, Miami, and JAX, I actually like this Tampa set. Guess I'm in the minority.

I was also pleasantly surprised by this new look. I think it gives Tampa Bay a distinctive look as opposed to their old set, which was really just plain boring and generic. That new number font could use some work, though.

because pewter pants and helmets and red and orange used together was so generic.

PvO6ZWJ.png

You know, if they just reversed the chrome and orange trim on the red numbers on the white jersey, about 50% of my problem with that jersey would be solved. If it's a "coating," why can't they make the orange shine the same way as the chrome? The silver cuts on the white doesn't look that bad. The silver cuts on the red make a bad typeface terrible.

One more note on the colors: when the new primary logo came out, I said I'd only buy the new bold football color (which seems to contradict the desire to have a tougher look) if that orange matched the orange that they'd be going with overall. Well, you tell me if this is "Bay orange" (I honestly can't tell):

3670_tampa_bay_buccaneers-primary-2014.p

The orange football was in the '97-'13 logo, as well. Along with the orange number trim, it was a subtle tribute to Bucco Bruce.

SigReflect.png

One more note on the colors: when the new primary logo came out, I said I'd only buy the new bold football color (which seems to contradict the desire to have a tougher look) if that orange matched the orange that they'd be going with overall. Well, you tell me if this is "Bay orange" (I honestly can't tell):

3670_tampa_bay_buccaneers-primary-2014.p

The orange football was in the '97-'13 logo, as well. Along with the orange number trim, it was a subtle tribute to the Bucco Bruce.

IIRC, it was a different shade of orange before. Now it actually matches the Bucco Bruce era orange.

This is maybe the most hopeful / most relieving part of the reveal for me:

bucspants.png

The other pants are white. They're not red.

Of course, we know that the third pair of socks is orange, which I can't see working with any combo. :therock:

This is maybe the most hopeful / most relieving part of the reveal for me:

bucspants.png

The other pants are white. They're not red.

Of course, we know that the third pair of socks is orange, which I can't see working with any combo. :therock:

Red pants would have been really ugly. Makes sense they went with pewter and white.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Those white pants... I don't know that they're going to improve the look one bit. Anyone capable of doing a mockup?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Those white pants... I don't know that they're going to improve the look one bit. Anyone capable of doing a mockup?

I don't think it would help the red jerseys. The white jerseys maybe

I don't think white pants will help, but red pants would have definitely hurt.

Does anybody know if they redid the workmark? And would Colorexe happen to have the logo sheet yet?

Check the mothership. All the new logos/wordmarks are posted.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I'll say it. I like em.

I can't judge them based on the fact that I didn't think they needed new uniforms, the new uniforms were coming regardless. So despite not needing a change, if this is it I'm happy.

It isn't some plain and boring design like most teams have been doing. It's got great colors, it doesn't look like a damn Raiders or Packers uniform, and it looks pretty damn cool.

I'll be getting a home one for sure. Hopefully Revis will stick around so I can get one of his.

The only thing that is going to ruin these is the pink out bull :censored:. Otherwise, they will look great.

2ly2w09.jpg

I am sick to my stomach. I can handle the helmet but these jerseys are horrific... Omg i have to look at this crapheap for how long?

chris_creamer_siggy.png

Please do not fool yourself, the Buccaneers jersey is conceptually and creatively an abomination. Read the "FANFARE" Here...

Archived