Tampa Bay Buccaneers Getting New Logo, Helmet & Uniforms

TampaBayRays

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just a 2 minute mock up changing the numbers to first block font I could find to prove how big of a difference the numbers have made to what is otherwise a pretty good design IMO.

A29eo7M.png

I don't like those numbers either haha - but still an improvement

Texans or maybe falcons numbers would work better.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Now that quite a hand full of teams have changed their uniforms under Nike, I'm starting to change my position on the Redskins updating their look. I just don't see it ending up well. I'd be totally fine with the Skins keeping their current set throughout the rest of my life if it means avoiding a potential Tampa/Jax/Seattle situation.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Bucs-Orange-Socks.png

Right there. That's the winner. If that was the real thing, my opinion is completely changed. Just the shoulder numbers becoming orange and the pant stripe flipping colors and bam, very good looking uni. It'd look off with the red helmet logo though.

I teach high school. All of the kids think these things are "raw" and or "live". We're fighting a losing battle if we think good taste will ever make a come back.

Kids have bad taste as a rule of thumb.

Exactly. In the late 70's, most of the kids in my neighborhood thought these were among the best uniforms in baseball...

1978_09_23_DAVE_PARKER_LARGE.JPGcandelaria+81T_NEW.jpg

Wayne_Garland_Number17.jpgbaltimoreorioles.jpg

Kids aren't exactly the best fashion critics. Then again, kids are who teams are selling this stuff too. So until 16 year olds develop a sense of style - which is about as likely as the Browns winning the Super Bowl next year - Tampa Bay, Jacksonville, et al are what we're stuck with

Those Pirates and Orioles uniforms were the best.. beat the hell out of the light blue that was running rampant through MLB at that time.

I hate the new Buccaneers logo. Pewter was boring in 97, even more boring now.

^^^^^

Unpopular opinion: I wouldn't mind if the NFL sold blank jerseys. Other sports do it. I personally don't think it would be a bad look for fans to wear *shrugs*

Hotter Than July > Thriller

Unpopular opinion: I wouldn't mind if the NFL sold blank jerseys. Other sports do it. I personally don't think it would be a bad look for fans to wear *shrugs*

I agree. Heck, I've been looking for a blank jersey for a while now so I can put "McCRINGLEBERRY" or "JAVARISON-LAMAR" on the back (Key & Peele, East-West Bowl) :P

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

...and, I'm sorry, but while the helmet might be a dark pewter...

...the pants are just DARK GRAY...

...remember when the chrome grills were the big issue? Ha, way to take the focus off of that.

That's because pewter is essentially dark gray. Their new pewter is much more accurate to the color they are trying to match. Their old pewter was more metallic brown.

Actual pewter: https://www.google.com/search?q=pewter&safe=off&espv=210&es_sm=93&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=jD8VU5LmFqWF0QGR3ICgAg&ved=0CAkQ_AUoAQ&biw=1366&bih=643

Bucs old Pewter: http://nfl.si.com/2013/11/17/greg-schiano-bobby-rainey-tampa-bay-buccaneers/

I teach high school. All of the kids think these things are "raw" and or "live". We're fighting a losing battle if we think good taste will ever make a come back.

Exactly. In the late 70's, most of the kids in my neighborhood thought these were among the best uniforms in baseball...

Kids aren't exactly the best fashion critics. Then again, kids are who teams are selling this stuff too. So until 16 year olds develop a sense of style - which is about as likely as the Browns winning the Super Bowl next year - Tampa Bay, Jacksonville, et al are what we're stuck with

Those Pirates and Orioles uniforms were the best.. beat the hell out of the light blue that was running rampant through MLB at that time.

Whatever. My point was that the vast majority of people today think those uniforms were pretty silly.

BB52Big.jpg

Whatever. My point was that the vast majority of people today think those uniforms were pretty silly.

I don't know.. Mitchell and Ness had very little trouble selling the throwbacks of some of those uniforms.

I hate the new Buccaneers logo. Pewter was boring in 97, even more boring now.

I agree. Heck, I've been looking for a blank jersey for a while now so I can put "McCRINGLEBERRY" or "JAVARISON-LAMAR" on the back (Key & Peele, East-West Bowl) :P

Don't have a pic, but I've seen a few McCringleberry jerseys here at Penn State. He's probably our 4th favorite player.

I've got a dribbble, check it out if you like my stuff; alternatively, if you hate my stuff, send it to your enemies to punish their insolence!

1. If there isn't a "bay orange" alternate jersey, I'd be shocked. There is NO reason to have a orange pair of socks available, if this isn't the case. The orange socks would have NO place with any of the red or white jersey combos. They only exist to be worn with the orange jersey, which we haven't seen yet.

2. I think in the end, the Bucs will wear the red jersey with the pewter and white pants. The white jersey with the pewter and white pants. And the orange jersey with the pewter pants (think Oklahoma State and what they look like with their orange jersey/pewter pants combo that they've worn in recent years). Orange socks with the orange jersey.

3. Not sure what they'll do with deciding on the red and pewter socks. If it were me, the red socks would be worn with the pewter pants and the pewter socks would be worn with the white pants.

4. For those whining about the look (big surprise), my guess is that there were plenty of people who didn't like the initial Bucs rebrand in 1997 either. Too different. Strange color (pewter???). Not traditional enough. We got used to them. We'll get used to these. Lets all settle down.

Anyone find any other pics of the jerseys?

There is a slideshow of 40 on the buccaneers website

http://www.buccaneers.com/multimedia/photo-gallery/Photos-New-Uniforms-Unveiled/1c5981a2-ef8c-4acb-849d-11be03e8f8df#1fd3823d-0f09-44fd-a371-d6e46a92322b

Looking through that slideshow, I am even more convinced that it's just the dodgy numbers ruining an otherwise good set.

It's probably not an upgrade, but it's not bad. But the numbers are.

Archived