• U P D A T E • Seattle Mariners Logo Concept

Go Red Sox!

This is my latest logo concept for the Seattle Mariners. I didn't want to change the basic character of the original design, so I just modernized the whole package.

Metallic silver is now gone and was replaced by Cadet Gray – a blue-grayish shade of gray. Also gone are the red stitches on the baseball which, to me, scream "nineties"!

The "Seattle" road uniform logo is now equally beveled, gone is the "flag-in-the-wind"-look.

Hope you like it...

Link to the updated Seattle Mariners uniform concept: http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/97554-u-p-d-a-t-e-seattle-mariners-uniform-concept-w-redesigned-logos/

SeattleMarinerslogoconcept_zpsdb9f39e6.j

SeattleMarinersprimarylogo_zpsa2e9e7df.j

SeattleMarinersalternatelogo_zpsb5096d13

SeattleMarinerscaplogo_zpse078b475.jpg

Home/away cap logo

SeattleMarinersalternatecaplogo_zps297eb

Alternate cap logo

SeattleMarinershomeuniformlogo_zpsa0f1a7

SeattleMarinersalternateuniformlogo_zpsa

SeattleMarinersroaduniformlogo_zps44ce88

SeattleMarinerswordmarklogo_zpsf428d3d2.

SeattleMarinerswordmarklogo2_zpsca07b318

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

Rock solid concept you have here. Only thing I would do is fix that road script. Most of the word Seattle is arched, but the S is not. It looks weird.

Thank you! I thought of a flag blowing in the wind. The "S" is supposed to be the flagpole, while the rest of the word has the shape of a flag waving in the wind.

Never argue with an idiot! They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.––George Carlin

These are incredible. I'm usually not a fan of beveled logos but you absolutely killed it.

Thanks! Actually I'm not a real fan of them neither.

Since you're using a super-angular S, what about putting little barbs on the tips of the S? Your beveling has them looking sharp - I mean literally sharpened, like a blade - so why not make 'em fishhooks?

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Since you're using a super-angular S, what about putting little barbs on the tips of the S? Your beveling has them looking sharp - I mean literally sharpened, like a blade - so why not make 'em fishhooks?

Actually I've already tried that out, pretty much in the beginning after I finished my sketches. But I soon found out that – in combination with the sharp and angular shapes of the compass – the logo would have gotten overloaded with edgy and angular looking shapes. Without the compass, it definitely would have worked.

the s is way too similar to the bucs new s

7687_tampa_bay_buccaneers-alternate-2014

I disagree. Tampa is a lot more angular and boxy while his is more fluid. Plus, the shadowing is different.

I gotta say, RedSox, this is a great set. I'm very impressed.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Archived