New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

CLEVELAND = COLLEGE

Pro uniforms used to have 2 great distinctions from their semi-pro brethren. All pants had stripes of some sort (assumed it was because stripes were more professional) and no oversized word marks on the front (because you already knew who the team was). Looks like that final ship has sailed.

Ridiculously foolish "rules" to live by.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure I'm buying this as being accurate... at least I hope it isn't.

First and foremost, the font. It's a completely different font than they released with the logos and rebranding. So they are going to just have a font for logo but not use them on the uniform?

The Seahawks, Vikings, and Buccaneers all have different wordmark fonts and number fonts, just to name a few more recent NFL updates. The Patriots wordmark doesn't match anything in their uniform.

But the Browns made it point to issue the full font - letters, numbers, symbols. The DAWG POUND logo utilizes the new font.

I'm not sure I'm buying this as being accurate... at least I hope it isn't.

First and foremost, the font. It's a completely different font than they released with the logos and rebranding. So they are going to just have a font for logo but not use them on the uniform?

The Seahawks, Vikings, and Buccaneers all have different wordmark fonts and number fonts, just to name a few more recent NFL updates. The Patriots wordmark doesn't match anything in their uniform.

But the Browns made it point to issue the full font - letters, numbers, symbols. The DAWG POUND logo utilizes the new font.

And the Bengals have a full font sheet of their wordmark font, but they don't use the numbers from it either.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Looks the same to me?

The same as what?

Their old uni. I mean, whats different?

1. They never had an orange Nike jersey
  2. Do you not notice that giant a** Cleveland on the jersey
  3. Stripes are different
  4. Drop Shadow

5. Different number font.

EDIT: Not sure how this jersey and the new jersey look "exactly the same" but...

02511917882700-2718202.jpg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Since Google Image Search can be tough to find on the internet, I've posted the brown version of their previous jersey for you, Teal.

02511917882700-2718202.jpg

Not sure if pun, due to it also being a Jim Brown jersey...

bufg.png

If those are indeed real, then they are already better than the Bucs, Jaguars, and Seahawks. On par with the Dolphins and just below the Vikings.

Still have to see the brown and white jerseys to see if the numbers have that drop shadow also.

I understand people not liking the Bucs/Jags/Seahawks but personally I prefer all of those (except the Bucs) to the Browns jersey we saw.

I don't love them, but those are so much better than I thought they would be. I wouldn't be mad if those ended up being the real thing.

If this is what the new jerseys look like, then I'm really at a loss to understand what all the hype was about.

The hype is that everyone expects them to be an unadulterated train wreck - and FGM13's assessment of it is like most... an attitude of "If that's it? I can live with it because I expected a helluva lot worse."

nav-logo.png

The uniform looks like it has a little bit of something for everyone, while not trying too hard. It's not perfect(the number choice still baffles me), but things could've been much worse, like the Bucs. I still think that, with the glimpse we've seen, it's still a top half look in the league.

JaiBirdDesignSig.png

Archived