New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

The Browns have had essentially the same look since they were formed in the 40s. It truly might be the end of an era. I would never do more than a tweak or two to that uniform. Some things need to be preserved. But hey, why keep that primitive, old, historic house where George Washington once lived when you can tear it down and build a shiny, new Wal-Mart?

Just because something is old, doesn't make it special. I think a better analogy would be like finally tearing down that ugly, run-downed building, and replacing it with a state-of-the-art, better looking one.

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That mono orange look is downright hideous. I fully expect the Browns to roll out something equally disappointing and awful.

While the "leak" is clearly a fake, my guess is it's still pretty close to what they'll end up with. I'm sure it will have plenty of chrome, neon orange, silly number fonts, and "nods to history." In other words, the 2015 Clevelandville Bay Jaganneers.

Today is most likely the final time we'll see the Browns in their current uni's. It's most likely a guarantee as well with how the season collapsed the new set won't be any better...

At least they spared us the brown pants. The classic Browns uniforms went out on a high note.

BB52Big.jpg

The Browns have had essentially the same look since they were formed in the 40s. It truly might be the end of an era. I would never do more than a tweak or two to that uniform. Some things need to be preserved. But hey, why keep that primitive, old, historic house where George Washington once lived when you can tear it down and build a shiny, new Wal-Mart?

Just because something is old, doesn't make it special. I think a better analogy would be like finally tearing down that ugly, run-downed building, and replacing it with a state-of-the-art, better looking one.

Just because something is old doesn't make it junk either, and these Browns uniforms were far better than anything Nike is capable of putting out there.

Seriously, Nike is too worried about "cutting edge" to design any uniforms that look nice.

IMO, outside of technology, the 21st century is way overrated (design, music, etc.)

Just because something is old, doesn't make it special.

No, but the Browns' uniforms are. So...there's that.

Agreed.

Given the on-field performance of the Browns, it'd be more like tearing down the house of the guy who lost the American Revolution.

There's a lot of people who don't share your opinion. So...

Quick question, do you actually not like the Browns uniforms from an aesthetic standpoint or are you more of a "change for change's sake" type?

That mono orange look is downright hideous. I fully expect the Browns to roll out something equally disappointing and awful.

While the "leak" is clearly a fake, my guess is it's still pretty close to what they'll end up with. I'm sure it will have plenty of chrome, neon orange, silly number fonts, and "nods to history." In other words, the 2015 Clevelandville Bay Jaganneers.

Today is most likely the final time we'll see the Browns in their current uni's. It's most likely a guarantee as well with how the season collapsed the new set won't be any better...

At least they spared us the brown pants. The classic Browns uniforms went out on a high note.

The white on white Browns uniforms is one of the worst in the NFL. Not sure why people like the look, it's hideous.

The white on white Browns uniforms is one of the worst in the NFL. Not sure why people like the look, it's hideous.

They can't be any worse than any jersey with the unstriped brown pants.

That said, I'm a big fan of white on white (the only acceptable monochrome jersey/pants combo in football, in my opinion), especially the Browns white on white.

Given the on-field performance of the Browns, it'd be more like tearing down the house of the guy who lost the American Revolution.

But the on-field performance of the Browns had nothing to do with the uniforms, and changing them won't help it, either. Debates about uniforms are about aesthetics and not wins and losses.

But the on-field performance of the Browns had nothing to do with the uniforms, and changing them won't help it, either. Debates about uniforms are about aesthetics and not wins and losses.

Of course not. It was a joke.

But that's not enitrely true- uniforms accossiated with winning are sometimes kept the same despite below average aesthetics (Patriots), and uniforms accossiated with losing are more likely to be changed.

I'm sure there's "a lot," but I'm also sure they're in the minority.

Because that's what happened in Tampa...

Oh, wait... No, THIS happened;

austin-seferian-jenkins-nfl-preseason-ta

...and along with it came the worst record in the league, for those of you that insist on bring the Browns' supposedly dismal history into it.

Cleveland fans have every reason to be worried about what a new uniform in 2015 might mean. Even if the current Browns uniform (minus the horrific brown pants) wasn't an absolute classic.

Which it is.

Well then, I'm sure you'll be pleased with your neon orange, anthracite, "rust belt brown", and chrome look next season. "Hideous." :rolleyes:

BB52Big.jpg

I'm pretty sure they're in the majority. I've heard more people call the Browns' uniform ugly than anything else over the years.

I'm pretty sure they're in the majority. I've heard more people call the Browns' uniform ugly than anything else over the years.

Recording yourself doesn't count. ;)

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

No offense, but I think basing a uniform change (or not) on a team's performance is kind of stupid. The Raiders used to be one of the most successful franchises in the NFL. Now they are a laughingstock. Using your logic, Oakland should replace one of the best uniforms in football simply because the team has sucked for the past however many years.

BB52Big.jpg

No offense, but I think basing a uniform change (or not) on a team's performance is kind of stupid. The Raiders used to be one of the most successful franchises in the NFL. Now they are a laughingstock. Using your logic, Oakland should replace one of the best uniforms in football simply because the team has sucked for the past however many years.

I'm a Pittsburgh fan and I saw an opportunity to take a shot at Cleveland. I took it. Sue me.

My post wasn't even saying that they should change uniforms for that reason. I was "amending" a metaphor comparing the Browns and George Washington. The joke was that the Browns would be more comparable to a person who was not associated with a very victory, such as "the guy who lost the revolution".

/explanation

I'm pretty sure 99.9% of people outside of Cleveland and these forums don't even give a bit of thought to the Browns' uniforms.

I don't see any way that they can be considered "ugly" (except for those brown pants). I can understand words like boring, dull, generic, dated (not that I agree with all of those) but not 'ugly".

I'm in the camp that believes that they can be improved, and is looking forward to what is coming (while hoping it's not super Nikified). At the same time, there;'s nothing wrong with them now (except for the stripeless brown pants). If they brought back the orange pants full time I'd be happy.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived