New Browns uni coming 2015

daveindc

Not sure what people are looking at when they say the white facemask over the gray. The gray is better. End of discussion. Its a better visual.

Also, I don't understand the people who think the Browns' white on white look is a good look. It looks terrible. It looks like old long john underpants. The white shirts need contrasting pants... either orange or brown.

End of discussion.

Stop it. You did not provide a final truth.

I prefer white though I admit both white (too loud) and gray (non-team color) stick out for different reasons. I'd like to see them try brown (see Bowling Green)

The other still-going discussion...I agree about white-on-white. I don't like that for any team...just like monochrome color. The Browns need a pair of either orange or brown pants for their white jerseys. Discuss.

Agree...discussion is not over. That is his opinion, same as anyone else's.

Personally I like the white over gray, as there is no gray anywhere in their color scheme. Regarding the uniforms themselves, I too hate the white-on-white. I see no reason they can't have an option of white, orange or brown for either pants or jerseys.

The grey facemask has nothing to do with the color scheme. It's a throwback to when all facemasks were grey (the only color they were made in). The look is especially apropos for the Browns, who were the first team to wear the facemask as we understand it today (the modern concept of the fasemask was invented by Paul Brown while he was coaching the Browns).

• Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Steelers need to do three things to fix their uniforms (only 1 on the home unis):

1 - replace the gold pants with the white pants from the non-bumblebee throwbacks on the road (or at home if they ever wear the white jersey there).

2 - change the NOB color to black on the white jersey (for legibility reasons).

3 - go back to the block number font on both jerseys (current font just looks sissy - not exactly the image the Steelers want to project).

The Steelers need to do three things to fix their uniforms (only 1 on the home unis):

1 - replace the gold pants with the white pants from the non-bumblebee throwbacks on the road (or at home if they ever wear the white jersey there).

2 - change the NOB color to black on the white jersey (for legibility reasons).

3 - go back to the block number font on both jerseys (current font just looks sissy - not exactly the image the Steelers want to project).

I agree on the block numbers but I love the gold pants and the gold name over white numerals is unique...and looks good to me. One stripe on the pants and helmet for you striping consistancy junkies.

87Redskins.png

I like the yellow letters over the black numbers too. Not sure if anyone recalls but for the first few road games after the number switch (I don't think it lasted all season) the letters were black, and all the replicas sold in stored had black ones too.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

• 3 weeks later...

Tweeted by the Browns:

J0boqdQ.png

Obviously, this is a mini-helmet. However, it has a white face mask and looks like it may have a satin finish, but I can't really tell. What say you? Is this a sneak peek? It doesn't show the striping very well, though, to tell if it is 'textured' like the last update said.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Tweeted by the Browns:J0boqdQ.png

Obviously, this is a mini-helmet. However, it has a white face mask and looks like it may have a satin finish, but I can't really tell. What say you? Is this a sneak peek? It doesn't show the striping very well, though, to tell if it is 'textured' like the last update said.

Are you sure that's a white mask? I absolutely hope so, but that could still be gray (given the sunlight). If it is white, and with the Tribe going to midnight navy across the board, would be a good uni weekend for this Cleveland fan.

Tweeted by the Browns:

J0boqdQ.png

Regular mini helmet. Gray mask washed out due to the sun and lighting. It does look and white....and therefore....better.

But seriously, the lighting is having a huge effect in this picture.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

We're seeing the Browns' current/past helmet for the last time tonight; Joe Thomas is starting in the Pro Bowl.

...also hopefully, we'll see the Browns' primary logo depicted as a 3/4 view of the helmet.

This could be a very sad day in not only Browns history, but also in NFL history.

Archived