High School Football Uniforms 2014

hailstateunis

Woodstock HS (GA) New home and aways.

BtZle1_CcAA8hO8.jpg

#5 is wearing his dad's Sunday afternoon short shorts.

You didn't know that's the style these days? Those aren't even that short compared to some guys shorts. A lot of guys wear chubbys, which go about mid thigh.

Also, why is Crooksville named the Ceramics.

Chubbys are glorified boxers

You know nothing about shorts.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also, why is Crooksville named the Ceramics.

The town used to pride itself on its area pottery. They have a museum and used to have a ton of potters in the area. Nowadays, the town is just a hollow shell of what it used to be in a county with a huge drug and marijuana problem.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

My alma matter Hazel Green High in Alabama has changed their helmets a bit

The shield on the left is the old one. HG on right is new. I liked the shield much better.

20140623_124229_zpsc324ad43.jpg

i prefer an original logo on a high school helmet any day. They're so rare now.

At Mingo Central High School "Miners" (WV), We've added a new all-back Russell Uniform to our collection.

The school is only in its 4th Season of existence but we've had 4 different helmet styles every year and

added atleast one new uniform annually. This year, we added a conference decal to the back (Cardinal Conference)

and changed the pick-axe to include a chrome handle....looks great under the lights.

First, the 2014 Matte-Blue Helmet:

photo2_zps5c3dbce7.jpg

Black Uniform:

photo1_zpsb1991a6d.jpg

I love the design and that shade of blue. I also really like the WV state outline on the back of the helmet. Very nice.

B. Fass
Lancaster, PA

Nationals, Senators, Cowboys, DC United, Wizards

Washington-Nationals-Logo-HD.jpg.281d0e8be98a8521d34280de8329814f.jpgf29b882649e94f47737fee9f5b5b001f.gif.b4758c5fa8639d2f66ee458c1f7b27f9.gifmedium_DCU_20Crest_on_20white.png.4035fbad4dcbf26991bc729beadb718e.png59e126b48fe75_cowboyslogosmall.jpg.27ea81b23b230e77e0460934b5f36e74.jpg

Looks like a couple of these schools may have received cease and desist letters.

I think most NFL and college teams leave high schools alone unless they try to use their logos to benefit financially by selling merchandise.

Our school here in Okoboji had to take the O off their helmets because Oregon didn't like it.

Looks like a couple of these schools may have received cease and desist letters.

I think most NFL and college teams leave high schools alone unless they try to use their logos to benefit financially by selling merchandise.

Our school here in Okoboji had to take the O off their helmets because Oregon didn't like it.

Also, because Okoboji was violating Oregon's trademark of the O logo. Trademark law says you have to protect the item in question from unlawful use otherwise you lose your rights to said item and it becomes available to the public domain. This is why you've seen schools like Wisconsin and Penn State go after other schools for using only recolored versions of their logos.

Also, because Okoboji was violating Oregon's trademark of the O logo. Trademark law says you have to protect the item in question from unlawful use otherwise you lose your rights to said item and it becomes available to the public domain. This is why you've seen schools like Wisconsin and Penn State go after other schools for using only recolored versions of their logos.
Some schools also ask the NFL and college teams permission to use their logos and often times it's granted. Vernon Hills HS (IL) even got permission from Van Halen to use their logo.

A4Wmdn1.jpg

kSHPptW.jpg

In 2000 Sunnyside High School in Tucson made an appearance at ASU's Sun Devil Stadium for the 4A state championship football game (which they lost). That was pretty convenient for ASU to see the Blue Devils in action...

52157eba17485.preview-620.jpg

When ASU saw that their logo was in use, they offered to pay for a new logo for Sunnyside. The next year, they returned, looking like this, and yielding a better result on the field too:

53dc7b5a46aaa.preview-620.jpg

I had heard the story but didn't know the year and had never seen the ASU-logo helmets until this past week. (Don't worry, they'll be on the Helmet Project soon.)

Archived