The 2014-2015 NHL Boondoggle

Sanic

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since 2010-11, the Flyers have an 11-29 record in shootouts. Yeesh. At what point does a coin-flip stop being a coin-flip? 2009-10 was the last time they had a winning record in the shootout, when they won four out of seven shootout decisions.

That's why I turn off each game that is even at the end of OT.

That's cute

The Devils are 1-20 in their last 21 shootouts, and they dont even score in their shootouts.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

It's because there was that conflict in "Miracle" between the Boston and Minnesota guys. THEY HATED EACH OTHER. ROBBY MCLANAHAN CHEAPSHOTTED JACK O'CALLAHAN AND STOLE THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP RING OFF HIS FINGA

"Merr I'm going back to my room!! Is that alright with you, mothah?" That is one of the worst acted scenes in the history of movies. I cringe every time.

In recent news: Bruins involved in possibly TJ Oshie and/or Zack Kassian. I'm hearing either Lucic for Oshie or a straight swap Ericksson for Oshie. Bruins said to be not keen on trading Lucic (unfortunatly.)

Oshie for Lucic feels like one of those chemistry-destroying trades where no one wins. Ericsson, they could stand to lose, but why would the Blues give up Oshie for him?

Flames with zero points in their last seven games. Brian Burke has officially challenged arithmetic to a barn fight.

In Jets news, 51 points in 49 games prrrrrrobably gets them in. They might just do it, lack of defensemen and all, those sons of bitches.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Boone Jenner will be out 1 to 2 months with a stress fracture in his back. Burn it all to the ground, Ohio. Nothing good will ever come from this place.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Oshie for Lucic feels like one of those chemistry-destroying trades where no one wins. Ericsson, they could stand to lose, but why would the Blues give up Oshie for him?

My train of thought on Ericsson/Oshie is maybe the Blues are thinking they'll get a Dallas Loui with the change of scenery. They won't. His two-year slump is damn near permanent. He hasn't been the same since his concussions, and he just isn't that great in general. If that swap is on the table, I do it immediately - from a Bruins stand point.

Lucic is a little more interesting. He plays like nothing more than a glorified 4th liner with occasional, albeit rare, flashes of brilliance. You touched on the chemistry aspect, and I think that's the deal breaker here. He definitely holds some clout and respect in that locker room. Lucic/Oshie is a lateral move on the ice, doesn't really improve either team.

I wasn't even that impressed with Ericsson in Dallas. He was never anything more exceptional than the best player on bad teams, and like you said, since the concussions, he's been a shadow of himself in Boston.

I don't suppose the Blues are missing anything they need right now other than an elite first-line center, but you don't just go out and trade for those.

Boone Jenner will be out 1 to 2 months with a stress fracture in his back. Burn it all to the ground, Ohio. Nothing good will ever come from this place.

It's just the Hockey Gods playing their yearly edition of "Let's Tease Columbus." We all know how this one will end; the Beej will get most their guys healthy by March then make one final push to the postseason, coming up 1-2 points short, and thus, preserving the Red Wings' postseason streak.

A Burnzie Power Play Blast wins it for Sharks over St. Louis. Sharks 3 Blues 2.

I was out doing errands and missed the Sharks tying goal, but what a mini turn around for the Sharks these last few games. Still a lot of games to be played, but go Team Teal!

OK, so maybe I'm not understanding the rules of the NHL or hockey. Hopefully someone one here can help me out.

Watching the Hawks and Maple Leafs and a play a couple minutes ago where Toronto hits the post, a Leafs player turns to look for puck but is cross-checked by a Chicago player and the Toronto player falls on top of the Hawks goalie. I know that's not Goalie Interference, but why is that not a cross-checking penalty on Chicago? One of the Refs was look right at the play, so he didn't miss the call.

Just seems strange I see so many of these types of cross-checkings and have always that these were penalties, yet if they are a lot of them go uncalled.

The probability of a penalty like that being called is proportional to the square of the distance from the crease. If it happened at center ice, they'd call it 90% of the time; if it happens near the goal mouth, it's just a good Canadian boy getting his nose dirty.

What an awful night in Edmonton. Oilers go up 5-2, give up the third goal with 21 seconds left in the second, then Seguin scores in the beginning and end of the third to tie it up before winning an eight-round shootout. Poor bastards just can't win a game, and now the crappy lamewad Stars are inching their way back into the Central despite being utterly incapable of not being scored on over and over. I can't bear watching the Oilers lose like this much longer. It's bad for hockey. It's bad for Canada. It's bad for, like, the whole world, man.

Jets blow a two-goal lead in the third. Paul Maurice's shell crap doesn't really work against the Flyers' distinct brand of unstructured chucking. Gotta keep pressing!

EDIT: HOLY CRAP WHAT WAS THAT ENDING? Flyers score ten seconds in while the announcers are still recapping the scoring. Pababib gonna Pababib.

EDIT 2: the winning goaltender is "Rob Zepp." File that one under Great Flyer Names right next to "Harry Zolnierczyk."

Archived