NHL Uni Redesigns -- SJ Sharks revamped (added 7/5/17)

Philly's Phinest

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5/32 -- Florida Panthers

Alright, so I really loved the original look for the panthers. I wanted something similar here...

S7hfIEJ.png

Home Jersey:

I've left the home jersey primarily red with a blue yoke outlined in white. Stripes are angled and curved, sort of like what a claw mark might look like. I thought about adding some extra blue into the striping in between the yellow and white, sort of like what they've done in the past.

89lPagq.png

Road Jersey:

The road white with a red yoke and blue outline. I would like some feedback on the striping. I feel like I should make it a little thicker possibly.

jHIipfd.png

Alternate Florida Jersey:

I really wanted this one to be representative of the state. I decided to use the palm tree/stick logo as the primary crest. I think it looks pretty cool. Also, I used the FLA on the shoulders, minus the sun. I think it would be overkill keeping all of the suns on the jersey. Lastly, pretty visible, the jersey is blue as their original alternate was.

gSCuWuy.png

The set is a huge improvement but why did you remove the secondary logos from the shoulders? Also, the road version could use a little more navy but I'm not sure how you'd do that without changing the striping outright.

The set is a huge improvement but why did you remove the secondary logos from the shoulders? Also, the road version could use a little more navy but I'm not sure how you'd do that without changing the striping outright.

Thanks! And both topics you bring up popped into my head during the design. I felt like I could get a cleaner look without the shoulder patches, however I do have a version with them that I'll post. My personal preference was with them, but I just wanted to see how people felt about it without. And I agree with somehow adding more blue into the away. I'm going to put some thought on that one over the weekend.

How about making the shoulder numbers navy to help with color balance? Or you could make the yoke navy.

award%20sig.png

How about making the shoulder numbers navy to help with color balance? Or you could make the yoke navy.

I'll try making the shoulder numbers navy. I tried the yoke before and didn't like how it looked, however, I'll post both options sometime today for a visual.

Decent job with the striping on the Panthers home. Nice job!

Thank you!

Alright, so I've taken some advice on the road sweaters. As of right now, I think I still like the original best. While it does lack blue, I think it may be one of those designs where it may look forced unless I change the design completely...thoughts?

Blue numbers red outline

lqcgdbE.png

Blue Shoulder numbers

bmVJdbI.png

Blue yoke:

XVbC0wS.png

Original:

jHIipfd.png

6/32 -- Las Vegas Knights

First expansion in the West goes to the Pacific division. The Las Vegas Knights. There has been a lot of chatter as of late for an NHL franchise in Las Vegas. Team names have been thrown around and the two emerging favorites seem to be the Knights or Aces. Personally, I like the sound of Knights or Black Knights better. That being said, a while back Uni-Watch did a design contest for an NHL franchise in Vegas. I created the logo by hand and then transferred it digitally. Below is the outcome of the logo (this was my very first attempt of ever doing-so).

7MPHfhf.png

Home Jersey:

Home jersey is primarily black. Yoke is a 4 tone with maroon, white, gold and silver. I know it's a lot of colors, but I think it actually could work. And it's a little different. I also extended the yoke very far down on the sleeve. Again, trying something new. Numbers are white with a gold outline. Being that the yoke was extended, the numbers are now pushed to around the forearm/elbow area.

apNyUEA.png

Away Jersey:

Same thing here, dominant color is white...

glMZiYE.png

Alternates:

First alternate would be a maroon and the other a dark gray (I thought of it as a dark colored armor with the Knight theme and such)

Hog4g2J.png

Great job on most concepts here, especially the Sabres and Senators. However I really am not a fan of the striping on the Panthers and Knights (which by the way is extremely similar). The logos are also a little too big. It's a good start though.

spacer.png

Try centering the knight's mask, rather than the "logo" as a whole.. I'm getting a very off-center feel, even though I know the logo is pretty well centered.. Maybe shrinking it slightly and centering the mask will fix a few issues

Seconded

Great job on most concepts here, especially the Sabres and Senators. However I really am not a fan of the striping on the Panthers and Knights (which by the way is extremely similar). The logos are also a little too big. It's a good start though.

Thank you! The Knights concept actually came to fruition months ago before I did my Panthers concept. I do realize they're extremely similar, but I also realize that there are a lot of teams with the exact same types of yokes, just different colors and such. It just happened that I posted it right after and it's very visible. I'll adjust the logo size.

Try centering the knight's mask, rather than the "logo" as a whole.. I'm getting a very off-center feel, even though I know the logo is pretty well centered.. Maybe shrinking it slightly and centering the mask will fix a few issues

That's the problem I originally struggled with, I'll fix this.

The navy yoke on the Panthers road is a big improvement

I'm actually surprised (thank you though). I just feel it looks out of place with the sleeve striping, no? I can't really put my finger on why I think navy just looks strange.

7/32 -- Arizona Coyotes

Alright so this may be one of my favorite designs I've done so far in this series. If you followed my NFL series, you'll know that I like sublimation (if it's done correctly). I went with sort of a similar theme to what I did with the Cardinals paying homage to the Arizona flag. Also, as a side note, I will have another alt in the coming days featuring Peyote Coyote. I just wanted to get these couple versions up first and get some good C&C. Thanks! Hope you enjoy.

Home Sweater:

So for the home, I have decided to go back to black for the Coyotes. Numbers are a modern block featuring a maroon with a sand outline. I've also included sublimated sun rays on the back to pay homage to the Arizona flag. The shoulders feature the Coyotes state "AZ" patch. I wanted to make use of the new paw patch with the "A" that's on their newest set, however I couldn't find a version online that I could use.

7cfTIPv.png

Away Sweater:

Same as the home here, but the predominant color becomes white. Numbers are now maroon with a black outline.

oPM8bm2.png

Alternate Sweater:

Basically just a maroon version of the black home set. I do have a feeling that many may like this as the primary home though...

NVRrGjn.png

Panthers: Numbers look too big and I prefer the original.

Knights: Nice logo, but the uniforms just dont click with me, maybe add a colored cuff.

Coyotes: Perfect! Much much better than their new set.

I really liked your NFL series and already love this one too! Can't wait to see what you did for the Preds!

m0h76pO_zpslyciy1ir.png

Archived