NFL Changes - 2016

Bill0813

How long has Randal Cobb been doing this to his jerseys? It's like he's tried to make his own toilet seat collar and it looks even worse because of the Packers stripes just ending and the NFL logo being so low practically touching the number

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, WSU151 said:

Topps (the only maker of football cards back in the 70s and mid-80s) didn't have the rights to use the logos, just the players' names.  I think they tried to be extra-careful as to what kind of photos they took, to minimize the work on the backend.

I remember those...my first year or two of card-buying had no helmet logos.  I did not get it, of course.  Then the next year, they appeared.

A friend of mine joked that they should have had to add something to the Browns cards.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

1 hour ago, Rise of DC said:

Just practice, but I hope the burgundy pants return this season. Majority of the defensive players that wore them didn't have stripes, which is interesting. 

Reveal hidden contents

temp06022016_OTAsDay6_0002_1--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

temp06022016_OTAsDay6_0137_1--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.jpg

Could those stripe-less pants be for Color Rush?  Or do they have an extra set just for practice?

51 minutes ago, dont care said:

How long has Randal Cobb been doing this to his jerseys? It's like he's tried to make his own toilet seat collar and it looks even worse because of the Packers stripes just ending and the NFL logo being so low practically touching the number

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Looks like he started in 2014.

This picture was taken in December 2013:

8046254.jpg

Dec 29, 2013; Chicago, IL, USA; Green Bay Packers wide receiver Randall Cobb (18) reacts to scoring the winning touchdown during the second half against the Chicago Bears at Soldier Field. Green Bay won 33-28. Mandatory Credit: Dennis Wierzbicki-USA TODAY Sports

This picture was taken almost exactly one year later, in December 2014:

cobb-randall-030715-usnews-getty-ftr_xms

Wide receiver Randall Cobb #18 of the Green Bay Packers reacts after scoring in the third quarter for his second touchdown against the Detroit Lions during the NFL game at Lambeau Field on December 28, 2014 in Green Bay, Wisconsin.

16 minutes ago, Gothamite said:

Could those stripe-less pants be for Color Rush?  Or do they have an extra set just for practice?

THey kind of look like they may just be tights rather than football pants.  Hard to say though.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

44 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

THey kind of look like they may just be tights rather than football pants.  Hard to say though.

I think you are right about the solids just being tights.  Also, the Skins are the one team not participating in Color Rush this season.  I know Bruce Allen had recently remarked (I'm paraphrasing here) that there would be changes to the uniform that the fans would be thrilled with.  I wonder if it is indeed the return of the red pants?

Also, I love your avatar.  It seems like each passing generation knows less and less about the Moz and that's a damn shame.

Check out my site at stevebcreations.com

3 hours ago, Gothamite said:

I know the packers have an in-house seamstress who does all their repairs and alterations.. I'm not sure why there wasn't a better (and probably easier) solution to getting the collar out of the way a bit (i'm assuming that was the issue.. Having a not-so-long neck can make the front of the collar uncomfortable).. 

9 minutes ago, dont care said:

I really doubt it if they have the shied and swoosh on them. They look like game pants to me.

Possibly. Just found it odd that everyone but one player had stripeless burgundy pants. White pants still have them. We'll see 

3 hours ago, dont care said:

I really doubt it if they have the shied and swoosh on them. They look like game pants to me.

Not necessarily. The Lions have practice pants w/ shield and swoosh that aren't meant to be worn in games.  Practice or not, Nike is not about to give up an opportunity to promote themselves.

AR-307309903.jpg&maxh=400&maxw=667tempphoto09-072813--nfl_mezz_1280_1024.j

On 6/3/2016 at 10:04 AM, HailGoldPants said:

Also, I love your avatar.  It seems like each passing generation knows less and less about the Moz and that's a damn shame.

Let's have a Smiths thread!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Archived