Super Bowl 50 Aesthetics

CreamSoda

I don't mind the Broncs choosing white as long as they're not actually taking it seriously. They lost those 4 orange Super Bowls because they were up against better teams (except for that Redskins game, for which there is no explanation). There is no color curse, obviously. But if it's perceived as a fun, playful thing for fans to ponder and what not, then it's fine. If orange doesn't matter, then white doesn't matter. I'm sure the folks at Dove Valley are spending their time thinking about topics other than jersey color.

• Replies 422
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe the Broncos just chose to wear white because they are not playing at home, even though they are officially the home team...

Maybe they like the road/underdog mentality and wearing the away whites goes along better with that.   You can call it superstitious but the mental aspect does play a role.

28 minutes ago, Chauncey917 said:

I don't mind the Broncs choosing white as long as they're not actually taking it seriously. They lost those 4 orange Super Bowls because they were up against better teams (except for that Redskins game, for which there is no explanation).

The Broncos went into SB48 favored to beat Seattle.

The only "orange" SB Denver lost that the SHOULD have lost was to the '89 49ers. Got absolutely smoked, 55-10. That Niners squad was absolutely stacked. Probably the best team I've witnessed in my lifetime.

6uXNWAo.png

3 minutes ago, andycumbee19 said:

Well that's the sideline, so....

Why would they even be painting the field this early? That just means you're gonna need at least two paint jobs. Assuming the first will be for SB Media Day.

Turf teams usually put 2 coats of paint on in the first place, at least that's how they do it here at Auburn.

I can only imagine they're setting up for media days and other like things (commercials, promos, etc)

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

16 minutes ago, Captain Poncho said:

Interesting that there's blue on the eye of the Broncos logo, but no other navy around it.  Maybe the gold backgrounds become reality.

My guess is that entire area of the sideline will be painted in navy eventually, so there was no need to do it around the logo now.

19 minutes ago, CitizenTino said:

My guess is that entire area of the sideline will be painted in navy eventually, so there was no need to do it around the logo now.

Very likely. I'm still a bit nervous that the whole "50 is GOLD!" bit from the NFL might jump the shark, so I'm probably reflexively quick to suspect it.

Archived