Conrad.

NBA Changes 2017-18

This makes me wonder what the Rockets will wear in the playoffs. I know that the black alternate jersey is both popular and IMO a pretty nice looking uniform. But will nike allow them to wear it almost evey playoff game like they did ladt season? I doubt it. I would go with a solid rotation of the white jerseys and the black alternate.

With the playoffs coming up, this is getting a little scary. I DO NOT want to see city jerseys in the playoffs. I have a feeling that the Cavs, Wizards, Pistons, Heat, Warriors and Thunder could all use their city jerseys. Is their something against this? I really hope there is! 

Suns vs. Hornets game last night was pretty.

Defense.jpg

1 hour ago, Cardsblues02 said:

With the playoffs coming up, this is getting a little scary. I DO NOT want to see city jerseys in the playoffs. I have a feeling that the Cavs, Wizards, Pistons, Heat, Warriors and Thunder could all use their city jerseys. Is their something against this? I really hope there is! 

Pistons aren’t sniffing the playoffs this year..

I am hopeful they might change up their terrible alternates in the coming years, though.

5 hours ago, insert name said:

NBA: National Boring Association. 

I change my mind, Super Bowl logos are a piece of art compare to this.

7 hours ago, insert name said:

boXSmy.gif

6 hours ago, Shumway said:

Defense.jpg

That’s a candidate for matchup of the year. Beautiful.

7 hours ago, insert name said:

I'm actually not mad about this. I feel like the East/West logos were rarely used for anything significant (thankfully, because they're not good logos).

The wordmarks align with the NBA's new branding (which utilizes/emphasizes wordmarks), which I think is a good move. The new NBA branding itself leaves a lot to be desired for most (I think that's the actual issue here).

The new NBA branding reminds me of the super simple 80s/90s NBA television graphics. So I have a weird attraction to the new branding (aside from the upside-down "B", wtf?)

I would definitely like to see new East/West logos altogether, but I kind of have a weird feeling conferences may not have much meaning in the near future.

I felt like the East and West logos needed to change a long time ago. I had nostalgia for the 90's logos though.

1.  Why are the EASTERN and WESTERN banners totally different shapes?

2. Shouldn't they at least use the same font, rather than two similar-but very different ones?

2 minutes ago, BringBackTheVet said:

1.  Why are the EASTERN and WESTERN banners totally different shapes?

2. Shouldn't they at least use the same font, rather than two similar-but very different ones?

Kind of American League and National League logos?  It's always been like that for me so while they can change for change's sake, I liked the old logos just fine.

11 hours ago, insert name said:

While the old conference logos were dated, these are somehow a downgrade.

It's not very TV graphic friendly, either. The new wordmark logos work terribly as transition wipes. 

The new wordmarks are lame and generic, but I really dislike the NBA's push to have seemingly every logo include a basketball and/or be within a roundel, so the move away from that is a plus.

23 hours ago, Shumway said:

Defense.jpg

This is a gorgeous match up, but it's not era appropriate. That's always bugged me when both teams wear throwbacks. That's one thing I really appreciate that baseball does -- most of the times when the A's march out in the 1970's gold jerseys their opponent wear their 1970s jerseys too. The NBA needs more of that. 

On 3/11/2018 at 8:53 AM, insert name said:

"I've got it!  Let's go from a logo, now hear me out, to...a wordmark!"

"Carl, that idea sucks ass."

"But think of it, gentlemen!  We only use 1 color per conference, which saves us roughly 80 cents a shirt/hat/sticker, and with those profits we can - "

"- why we could gild our yachts!"

"YES!  Now you see, gentlemen!"

"My God, Carl.  Think of the quality of prostitutes and cocaine we could procure with all this new income."

9 minutes ago, Survival79 said:

Somebody has to have a copy of this logo somewhere, right?

@Conrad covered it back in September.

I don't know where to put this, but I'm watching primetime sports, which is a radio/TV on Sportsnet in Canada.  There were 3 bids and had another group won, they would have been named the Thunder, according to former MLSE CEO Richard Peddie.  Anyone thinks that would have been a better name for the team?