NBA Changes 2017-18

Conrad.

• Replies 7.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

Interesting/random observation: The Blazers and Rockets have squared off three times so far this season, each of which has produced a different red vs. black uniform matchup:

891657610-houston-rockets-v-portland-tragetty-images-903614448.jpg?itok=oElPmxma935448278-houston-rockets-v-portland-tra

They play one more time this season (in Houston), and theoretically there could be a fourth different red vs. black matchup if the Rockets wore their CNY set against either the Blazers’ Icon or City sets, but the LockerVision site shows that it’ll be a repeat of the uniform matchup from the third meeting (third picture above).

Jesus Christ I l;ove things like this

Anyone see the differences?

2012:ImxbYQK1wJPVoXufT5hh376tS6aQ_sxZES4iI60x

2018:Screenshot_20171214-15153.png

There is literally only 2 corporate advertisement in the top photo but theres an ad in every nook and cranny in the bottom photo. We've seen it happen to hockey but now the NBA has taken it a step further. 

2 hours ago, andregunts said:

Jesus Christ I l;ove things like this

Wonder what uni matchup Nike has in store for them if they were to meet in the playoffs.

22 hours ago, anythinglogos said:

I’m guessing this was the intention when the NBA decided to make every event logo boring  

But corporate sponsorships don't require boring logos, as the NBA has proven themselves.

6W3VYGB.jpg

SXP3kqa.jpg

gliOdvf.jpg

2vKi0rd.png

Personally, my theory is that it's a money-saving move. Adopting a bland, generic template for everything means they don't need to spend money to commission new, unique logos for annual events.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

DZP454BWAAM7kCa.jpg

The NBA Finals Style Guide

A few notes ...

• There's no soul to it at all. Initially I "KINDA" liked the design, but the more it's around and the more they use it and their streamlined logos ... no. Big no.
  • I really hate the primary logo that includes the 2018. So, so, so boxy. I hope this is not the rendition on the court, but I also have a bad feeling we'll see this on the jersey.
  • I sorta don't mind the presented by YouTube TV logo, but only on the horizontal logos. 

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

30 minutes ago, FinsUp1214 said:

So the question I have is, what’s the Finals jersey patch going to look like? Or will there be one at all?

I'm imagining it's going to be the primary Finals logo. Hopefully no YouTube ad.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

Uh, did everyone miss that the Mavericks have an ad on their uniforms now? I searched this thread and the news page and I saw absolutely nothing about this, ran a Google search and this was unveiled around March 6th or so. Also, they have a memorial for the original team owner Don Carter which looks to be done in the same font as the original uniform wordmark from the 80's.

DY8Flv2UQAAPWDS.jpg:large

bSLCtu2.png

On 3/26/2018 at 11:31 AM, upperV03 said:

Interesting/random observation: The Blazers and Rockets have squared off three times so far this season, each of which has produced a different red vs. black uniform matchup:

891657610-houston-rockets-v-portland-tragetty-images-903614448.jpg?itok=oElPmxma935448278-houston-rockets-v-portland-tra

They play one more time this season (in Houston), and theoretically there could be a fourth different red vs. black matchup if the Rockets wore their CNY set against either the Blazers’ Icon or City sets, but the LockerVision site shows that it’ll be a repeat of the uniform matchup from the third meeting (third picture above).

According to LockerVision it looks like we're getting this again ...

935448278-houston-rockets-v-portland-tra

kimball banner.png

On 3/27/2018 at 8:35 PM, Old School Fool said:

Uh, did everyone miss that the Mavericks have an ad on their uniforms now? I searched this thread and the news page and I saw absolutely nothing about this, ran a Google search and this was unveiled around March 6th or so. Also, they have a memorial for the original team owner Don Carter which looks to be done in the same font as the original uniform wordmark from the 80's.

DY8Flv2UQAAPWDS.jpg:large

I noticed the press release. But I think this time of year is too hard on everyone to keep track of new advertisement patches. I just realized Zatarain's was still in business. 

1 hour ago, keynote said:

I didn't realize Mary Magdalene was a Jazz fan.

rs_1024x683-180320110224-1024.8-jesus-ch

( MORMONS GO GRAB THEIR BIBLES TO EXPLAIN WHY/HOW)

kimball banner.png

9 hours ago, EddieJ1984 said:

After the 3rd of 4th ad patch unveil, yea who cares?

It sucks in general they are on team uniforms, but I'm not going to cry and moan everytime a team get's a sponser.

I hope they stay as small as they are, but time will tell.

It gets even worse when there are several patches stacked on the same side, the way the Mavs have it, among others. 

Some ad patches are better integrated than others. Dallas' is pretty bad in the sense that it looks as if it was hastily put together. I feel like they'll modify it for next season. Trust me, I'd rather go back to the days of no sponsorships with the NBA logo back to where it belongs: the front of the jersey. Some teams have made a tolerable to good use of the ad space, though. I think Utah's might actually be the best due to the patch's overall shape as well as the team's color integrations. Cleveland's is a close second for the same reasons. Milwaukee's is probably the 3rd best look, though I wonder how the Harley Davidson logo would look in some combination of green, cream, blue, and black.

Archived