College Football Uniforms - 2017 Season

buckeye

On 10/4/2017 at 2:15 PM, upperV03 said:

Wazzu going all-white this Saturday at Oregon:

Not bad, but I was hoping for either crimson/white/crimson, crimson/white/white, or white/white/crimson. Oregon will almost surely be in yellow jerseys, yellow or black pants, and yellow, chrome, or black helmets, so some more crimson from the Cougs would’ve been nice to contrast Oregon’s bright yellow.

I am pretty much over all white, just like all black. But, the kids like the "tight" all whites. 

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, joeether said:

It sounds like your hatred for Nebraska is clouding your judgment and making you extra salty. I like the uniform. 

I have absolutely no ill will against Nebraska, I simply don't like this trend. Even on the uniforms that I mentioned technically function without those sleeves, it would be better if those elements were actually on the uniform itself.

Pretty sweet throwback helmets for Akron’s homecoming game this weekend:

D849C60A-95CF-4D19-B102-7DFBF17585C2.jpeg.f60e49bc4d1019df400d257893cb071b.jpegFFD49DCD-2506-4124-A20E-095ECED398BE.thumb.jpeg.4e9dfe9c796a5d3ca7c581c4c7314530.jpeg

They’ll be paired with the regular navy jerseys and gold pants:

92786AA8-2623-4F01-990F-5D3CB3E26435.thumb.jpeg.8bf96eb486b45f176f1e9cc09bec691f.jpeg

It’s a shame they couldn’t have gotten a set of gold lids with the finish of the ‘86 helmets, but they still look really good as is. And it would’ve been nice if they could’ve gotten throwback jerseys and pants to match, but at least they’re wearing the traditional gold/navy/gold combo.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

17 minutes ago, upperV03 said:

1E54A5EF-828B-444B-B6BD-B27EFAB21096.thumb.jpeg.b3bad60ffa75b134dafde3f3f22a89c3.jpegE0B3E320-29E7-49F7-9453-ED5CE0CBC31F.thumb.jpeg.e3bece7e2fb5e70a774e0def1cf2dda7.jpeg

Gonna be an ugly matchup.

Both are absolutely terrible and the epitome of what is wrong with adidas in the college game. Tinfoil numbers, tonal color logos, chrome, word marks on the pants, "blackout" versus "iced out." Both are completely knee deep in the flavor of the month fads and already look outdated.

This is what Louisville should be wearing (template aside). Classic stripes on helmet, jersey, and pants. Classic drop shadow number font (though I would even accept the current font if it meant getting the stripes back).

1871u08mimu6njpg.jpg

2013-uofl-cardinals-red-football-uniform

Allstate+Sugar+Bowl+Louisville+v+Florida

NC State similarly can hardly go wrong, but boy did they sure find a way with this set.

20131102_ajw_bk1_149.0_standard_783.0.jp

1397544_1280x720.jpg

jacoby-brissett-ncaa-football-north-caro

Those "NSC" helmets, barf.

It's like a mash up of NSFW and ESC, both of which make me want to navigate away from them, pronto. 

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

6 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

Oregon going all-yellow vs WSU.

Quick thoughts:

Does the yellow of the helmet look different than the jersey to anyone else?

The inconsistency of the wing templates is annoying. These wings are by far the worst IMO.

White cleats seem out of place.

I would’ve gone with black facemasks, but otherwise I really love it. As someone whose favorite color is yellow, and I definitely like yellow more than the average person, I’ve always really enjoyed the one or two games a season they generally wear yellow jerseys. And I happen to like these yellow jerseys that debuted last season, and I think they can afford to experiment more with the yellow jerseys since they are typically only one once, or maybe twice a season. Another solid look from the Ducks this season, at least in my book.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

11 minutes ago, Webfooter said:

Oregon going all-yellow vs WSU.

Is it really that hard to make the numbers and helmet logo the same color as the wings? Is there any reason at all to have black in this uniform? Never been a fan of all yellow, but it's definitely better than the ones we wore against UT in 2013

180554379.0.jpg

The silver looked really bad in live action.

3 minutes ago, abanta said:

Quick thoughts:

Does the yellow of the helmet look different than the jersey to anyone else?

The inconsistency of the wing templates is annoying. These wings are by far the worst IMO.

White cleats seem out of place.

-Yellow helmets are new this season so likely aren't going to match with stuff from older sets.

-No question these are the worst wing uniforms they have but they'll hopefully they won't be used much longer if they change over next season

-Cleats do look a bit off but it could be they didn't order many black/yellow cleats due to them not planning on using this combo much.

33 minutes ago, VikingsNotMinnesota said:

Is it really that hard to make the numbers and helmet logo the same color as the wings? Is there any reason at all to have black in this uniform? Never been a fan of all yellow, but it's definitely better than the ones we wore against UT in 2013

180554379.0.jpg

You realize the wing pattern on the current yellow jerseys is actually black, right? It’s sublimated onto the yellow fabric, which is why it can appear slightly greenish from certain angles and in certain lighting. But the pattern is most definitely black, or at least intended to be black.

IPTMMN0.png?1

RhlTL5V.png?1

8CBx12E.png?1

29 minutes ago, BigDmo said:

Is it just me or are the wings green instead of black

They do because of the lighting, the sublimated nature of their application, and the way the wings are designed to be faded or grafitti-like.  Here's an image from when they were released last year and they're clearly black.

Screen-Shot-2016-09-05-at-11.26.22-AM.pnVirginia+v+Oregon+jYM_fMW851Yx.jpg

Archived