2017 NHL Offseason

ninersdd

• Replies 332
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Islanders signed a guy named Sebastian Aho and didn't trade for the Finnish forward from the Hurricanes also named Sebastian Aho like I originally thought. 

We're just in a computer simulation watching some kid play NHL 2013 and the computer is just making up names and a glitch accidentally duplicated one. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Aho is actually a popular surname in Finland, but Sebastian is not a common Finnish name, so it is quite surprising to see two of them. I have quite an uncommon name, so I was surprised when I got a call for smzimbabwe, and he said, you can't be smzimbabwe, you don't sound black.

On 7/6/2017 at 8:21 AM, the admiral said:

The Erik Karlsson glitch, I get, but two Sebastian Ahos? I'm surprised there's one.

There's always a few aho's around. Just say that outload. 

On 7/6/2017 at 11:21 AM, the admiral said:

The Erik Karlsson glitch, I get, but two Sebastian Ahos? I'm surprised there's one.

The other Aho is Swedish & a defenceman. Had 30 points in the SHL last year & is 2 years older. Funny enough, they're both 5'10. So if they ended up on the same team.... chaos should ensue. 

new_orleans_krewe_player_sig___qb_donny_

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

On 7/11/2017 at 0:21 AM, the admiral said:

Bolts extend Tyler Johnson (his contract, not his height) at 35 over 7. Just another Tampa discount.

26.5 over 5 for Palat. People just can't get enough of leaving money on the table to play in Tampa!

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

• 3 weeks later...

OITGDNHL will the league’s fourth-best team from a season ago, with the league’s best goaltender and reigning coach of the year, be on national television exactly one time next season.

All while a non-playoff team is scheduled to have 16 national TV dates. :rolleyes:

6fQjS3M.png

2 hours ago, crashcarson15 said:

OITGDNHL will the league’s fourth-best team from a season ago, with the league’s best goaltender and reigning coach of the year, be on national television exactly one time next season.

All while a non-playoff team is scheduled to have 16 national TV dates. :rolleyes:

But hey, look at it this way: the Blue Jackets one game (vs the Buffalo Sabres) is on the prime schedule of #RIVALRYNIGHT. It's on a slate of such blood feuds as Blues-Penguins or Lightning-Bruins!

Most appearances on NBC/NBCSN this season:

• Chicago - 17 (Only Western Conference team on big NBC this season.)
  • Philadelphia, Pittsburgh - 16
  • Boston, Washington - 15
  • Rangers - 14
  • Detroit, Los Angeles, Minnesota - 12
  • St. Louis - 10
  • Montreal - 8
  • Buffalo, Nashville - 7
  • San Jose, Tampa Bay - 6
  • Vegas - 5
  • Anaheim - 4
  • Edmonton, Toronto - 3
  • Dallas - 2
  • Arizona, Carolina, Colorado, Columbus, Florida, New Jersey, Islanders, Ottawa - 1
  • Calgary, Vancouver, Winnipeg - 0

Here's a link to NBC Sports' press release and their full schedule

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

8 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

But hey, look at it this way: the Blue Jackets one game (vs the Buffalo Sabres) is on the prime schedule of #RIVALRYNIGHT. It's on a slate of such blood feuds as Blues-Penguins or Lightning-Bruins!

Forced Rivalry Nights! The Flyers and Red Wings is the most forced rivalry ever. They played each only 2 times a season for a long time. The Flyers also had a long standing home winning streak against them. How the hell is it a rivalry at all?

Eight American telecasts for the Habs, damn, being racist is really paying off.

Philadelphia is literally the only American NHL market that has not flirted with its own demise.

12 hours ago, Still MIGHTY said:

• Montreal - 8
  • Buffalo, Nashville - 7
  • San Jose, Tampa Bay - 6
  • Vegas - 5
  • Anaheim - 4
  • Edmonton, Toronto - 3
  • Dallas - 2
  • Arizona, Carolina, Colorado, Columbus, Florida, New Jersey, Islanders, Ottawa - 1

I'm just waiting to see how people defend Montreal, Edmonton and Toronto getting more US TV dates than the Isles or Devils.

I've been saying it for years, the two non-MSG greater NYC clubs are in worse shape than most people here are willing to admit. Even more important is the way they're trending. Both clubs don't show any big signs of turning their fortunes around.

I'm not rooting against them, quite the contrary. However, the first step in fixing a problem is admitting there is one. Burying your head in the sand and pointing at your Stanley Cup championships does nothing for you, in the now.

Thunder Bay Lynx - International Hockey Association (2 seasons, 2017-18, 2019-20, 2018 Xtreme Cup Champions)Houston Armadillos - Major League Hockey (2 seasons, 2016-18) | Minnesota Muskies - North American Basketball Association (1 season, 2017-2018) | Louisville Thoroughbreds - United League of Baseball (1 season, 2017, 2017 United Cup Champions) | Las Vegas Thunderbirds - International Basketball League (1 season, 2016-17, 2017 Champions) 

Edmonton has the best player in the league, of course they should have more games than the Devils! Should we not see Connor McDavid on national TV, or should we just see Adam Henrique more? That American NHL coverage treats the Canadian teams as this weird adjunct to the league that exists in the standings but never on your television is unhealthy for the league as a whole. And this only flows in one direction; Canadian coverage does not pretend American teams with star players don't exist. They're probably more obsessed with the Boston Bruins than Americans are.

eh, I don't get too worked up over the amount of Islanders games on NBCSN as usually they get flexed into quite a few games by January, so it usually ends up being 3-4 more games than originally planned. It is fun to see the U-Turn from "WHY AREN'T WE ON NBCSN TALK ABOUT #DISRESPECT" to "WHY ARE WE ON NBCSN I HATE THIS SMH WE SHOULD BE ON MSG+ TONIGHT INSTEAD" from Isles Twitter every winter, though

ffMc5dZ.png

Twitter: @RyanMcD29

Archived