ninersdd

2017 NHL Offseason

273 posts in this topic

The Islanders signed a guy named Sebastian Aho and didn't trade for the Finnish forward from the Hurricanes also named Sebastian Aho like I originally thought. 

We're just in a computer simulation watching some kid play NHL 2013 and the computer is just making up names and a glitch accidentally duplicated one. 

1 person likes this

The Erik Karlsson glitch, I get, but two Sebastian Ahos? I'm surprised there's one.

Aho is actually a popular surname in Finland, but Sebastian is not a common Finnish name, so it is quite surprising to see two of them. I have quite an uncommon name, so I was surprised when I got a call for smzimbabwe, and he said, you can't be smzimbabwe, you don't sound black.

On 7/6/2017 at 8:21 AM, the admiral said:

The Erik Karlsson glitch, I get, but two Sebastian Ahos? I'm surprised there's one.

There's always a few aho's around. Just say that outload. 

1 person likes this

Bolts extend Tyler Johnson (his contract, not his height) at 35 over 7. Just another Tampa discount.

On 7/6/2017 at 11:21 AM, the admiral said:

The other Aho is Swedish & a defenceman. Had 30 points in the SHL last year & is 2 years older. Funny enough, they're both 5'10. So if they ended up on the same team.... chaos should ensue. 

5 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

I'm not happy that the Penguins won the Cup this year. But this is a cool photo recreation...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DEo9nD5XcA0TrPJ.jpg

I guess the laser background was unavailable for that Mario/Jagr photo?

On 7/11/2017 at 0:21 AM, the admiral said:

Bolts extend Tyler Johnson (his contract, not his height) at 35 over 7. Just another Tampa discount.

26.5 over 5 for Palat. People just can't get enough of leaving money on the table to play in Tampa!

It's like the Lightning managed to clear out a whole bunch of money they could've used to extend Drouin but forgot to keep Drouin in the first place. They got their steps mixed up.