2017 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LII

canzman

1 hour ago, BrianLion said:

That was sort of supposed to be the point of Color Rush, except for the fact that the NFL considers white a "color" now, so it's more like Third Jersey Revenue Night now. 

This is not some money grab by the league as one hundred percent of the NFL’s proceeds from the sale of Color Rush jerseys go directly to the NFL Foundation to fund health, safety and wellness programs for youth football around the country.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, canzman said:

This is not some money grab by the league as one hundred percent of the NFL’s proceeds from the sale of Color Rush jerseys go directly to the NFL Foundation to fund health, safety and wellness programs for youth football around the country.

This is more of a promo for Thursday night football.  Ratings have never been spectacular for it and the matchups are usually not that marquee, so they tried to come up with something to promote viewership.

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

Dolphins v. Ravens TNF: This is one of the better looking games IMHO.

I"m a lifelong Dolphins fan who has struggled to embraced our current logo and uniforms,  The all-white storm trooper look is the only uniform that remotely appeals to me.  I have to confess to liking the Ravens in monochrome purple with the gold numbers, but I think the look would be better balanced with black socks.  

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

49 minutes ago, Dnice said:

Yeah no big deal as far as the whites  go, when it's a usual combo. I'm good with the saints and Giants, and  maybe even the raiders.

I've been more impressed with the monochrome whites than their colored contemporaries for most of the Color Rush games.

The Saints, Raiders, Cowboys, Dolphins, Patriots, and Giants all look better in monochrome white as opposed to monochrome color.

On 10/20/2017 at 7:24 AM, upperV03 said:

If they wanted to add some silver to the pants, they should’ve gone with a silver/black/silver braisher stripe to still mimic the helmet stripe, a la the Color Rush knit hat from last season:

E9C93E04-EFD4-428B-BBED-2C9DFC07AF93.jpeg.e7bbee2a82892351a9df223874adabf7.jpeg

I think you are "spot on" there.

4 hours ago, canzman said:

Yay now I can tell my friends I donated hundreds of dollars to youth football from the Seahawks color rush jersey I got

7 hours ago, ltjets21 said:

I just dont understand why the Dolphins didn't wear Orange? Same goes with the Patriots in all navy. If you have a color rush that doesnt clash you should have to wear it.

Im wondering why the NFL is the only sport suddenly concerned with color blind viewers.  The nba has color on color matchups all the time, and soccer has for decades.   

goforbroke_zpsb07ade0a.jpg

15 hours ago, canzman said:

I just said it was to sell jerseys. I didnt say what they claimed to be doing with proceeds. 

On 10/23/2017 at 7:39 AM, canzman said:

Remember any combos posted during the course of this thread prior to game taking place or posted prior to any announcement by the team are an assumption and will be updated as needed. Please give me some 24 hours from the completion of the game to make any corrections as I am normally not at a computer to make changes during the game itself.

Vikings @ Browns
Ujyaszf.jpgOESd1Lx.jpg

So, let me get this straight.

When the Browns ditched their classic and classy uniforms for this modern mess, one of the perks was supposed to be how they can mix and match. But by season 3 of this abomination, the Browns are only going with two combos.

No wonder this franchise passed on Wentz and Watson.

10 hours ago, goforbroke said:

Im wondering why the NFL is the only sport suddenly concerned with color blind viewers.  The nba has color on color matchups all the time, and soccer has for decades.   

MLB has been doing that for a long time also.

10 hours ago, goforbroke said:

Damage control after the whole bills red v jets green 

5qWs8RS.png

Formerly known as DiePerske

12 hours ago, goforbroke said:

Those are character flaws with the NBA and soccer. When your viewership base is majority male, failing to consider common colorblindness types strikes me as a bad decision.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

On 10/23/2017 at 3:51 PM, arron said:

Why do the socks look different 

image.jpeg

The socks are accurate. What baffles me is that the Bills have been wearing this throwback for like a decade and still haven’t fixed the sleeve stripes. They should be an inverse of the sock; four blue bands trimmed in red, the center two bands slightly heavier than the outer two.

22 hours ago, Mitch B said:

Dolphins v. Ravens TNF: This is one of the better looking games IMHO.

I"m a lifelong Dolphins fan who has struggled to embraced our current logo and uniforms,  The all-white storm trooper look is the only uniform that remotely appeals to me.  I have to confess to liking the Ravens in monochrome purple with the gold numbers, but I think the look would be better balanced with black socks.  

I think the the main issue with the Dolphins’ look is that the orange is too minimal at a glance, and the dark blue relegates it even further. Change all the dark blue to orange, and you have a building block, but the logo is still medium caliber. Truth be told, if this is the type of logo they want (more modern, minimal, and gestural), they should have used the old Dolphin Stadium logo and added a sun. That one was much more polished.

3171A48B-5933-4EBF-85BF-34BF13C32762.jpeg.e5e4ffbd57c7095abdf4f6d3235fe3ae.jpeg

9 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

When the Browns ditched their classic and classy uniforms for this modern mess, one of the perks was supposed to be how they can mix and match. But by season 3 of this abomination, the Browns are only going with two combos.

Well, considering most of the Browns’ “mix-n-match” combos are gross, I’d say this is the best decision they’ve made in years.

You don’t deserve sartorial freedom when you’re awful. Focus on the football.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

10 hours ago, BJ Sands said:

What a joke. The other combos were actually cool and no one wants to see them wear all white every week. What's wrong with white on brown or white on orange?

Archived