2017 NFL Season: Then there were Two

buzzcut

3 hours ago, anythinglogos said:

Rams-Bengals are much cooler IMO. Eagles don’t have wings on their heads and Viking horns aren’t actually a thing

The Rams have the most perfect helmet design idea in football history. Shame they made them look so goofy with the white facemasks and white horns. Hope that's corrected soon. The Bengals are the second best, Vikings third because we all know now that Vikings didn't actually wear horns, but if someone says "picture a viking" 999 out of 1000 people are seeing a shaggy man with a beard wearing a helmet with horns on it.  

We don't talk enough about how it makes no sense that the Eagles have wings on their heads and eagle heads on their wings (arms). They should flip them, but the winged helmets are too much a part of their identity to ever change now. At least the wings now are sleeker and more detailed than they were pre 96. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Bucfan56 said:

Kidnap Tommy DiNic's and force them, at gunpoint, to make sandwiches for your party. Nothing more Philly than that. 

Roast Pork in general is the Phila go to and has been for as long as I can remember.  Rabe, sharp provolone (sharp to the point I've only had it around here), and long hots (which are prtty much on everything anymore.)

everyone has their "go to " spot for the roast pork.  Can't go wrong with DiNics, though the market is packed with tourists and it's where all the suburban people that don't have a local spot go because it's what they saw on Bourdain.  Johns is great, but again lines of tourists.  I'm partial to Triangle and Francoluigis, but literally every neighborhood has a few great spots.  Sheeet - think I'll walk over to Triangle tonight now that I'm thinking about it!  It's kinda funny seeing the lines of tourists taking photos outside of Pats and the other place who's name I won't deign to mention, when other than a drunk 2 AM run, I don't know too many people that ever actually eat cheesesteaks.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Also - I saw the script for next week.  Sorry Vikings fans.  The announcers are going to play up the "first team to play at home in the SB" thing the whole first half, Nick Foles is supposed to throw a pick-6 and fumble, then the camera will pan to the sideline to see the backup that nobody knows warming up.  Jay Ajayi will leave with an injury, and they'll show shots of the bars in Minneapolis where people are partying.  Then, in the second half, Big Balls Doug will inexplicably decide to go for it on 4th and 11 early in the 3rd with the Eagles only trailing by 10, Foles will complete it, then start an improbable run of 12 straight completions to bring the Eagles back.  Then, at the end, after Minnesota takes the lead with less than a minute to go with an extremely controversial PI call (referees are told to huddle for 5 minutes just to draw heel heat from the crowd - also, drive lead by Sam Bradford while Keenum is in concussion protocol, until Bradford injures himself while calling a play), Foles hits Nelson Agholar on the sideline as time expires and he runs in for the TD.  Extra point is skipped, and we just see shots of Sam Bradford on the sideline looking like he just saw a UFO and Case Keenum sobbing.  After the game, he confesses to Erin Andrews that he doesn't want to live anymore.

Of course, there's rumors that they might go into business for themselves and let the Vikings win so they can win it with Wentz next year, so we'll see what they decide.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Lots of Eagles players were wearing dog masks in the locker room and on the field before and after the game, since they were the "underdogs."  Then this:

Interesting fact - most recent Eagles vs Vikings game means absolutely nothing coming into this one:

That was the least Vikings thing that could've happened to the Vikings. My wife can verify this - before that play when the Vikings basically needed a miracle sideline catch to set up a field goal try and stop the clock I said "Just do the Dalton to Boyd play" and then they pretty much did. I feel for that Saints DB because he tried to make a play and mistimed it so he got there early and was forced to decide if he should interfere or not. Hindsight he probably should've just destroyed Diggs and taken the flag, but then Saints fan would just be mad at him for the interference. I guess the blame should go to the entire defense when all they had to do was keep the Vikings in front of the 40 and they would've been fine. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

2 hours ago, jmac11281 said:

So 3 out if 4 teams would be first time Superbowl winners...that being said, the 5-time winners will win. Maybe @BringBackTheVet can shed some light on the script for the Superbowl epispde?

You're not going to like it.  I've revealed it several times in past posts.

10 hours ago, McCarthy said:

That was the least Vikings thing that could've happened to the Vikings. My wife can verify this - before that play when the Vikings basically needed a miracle sideline catch to set up a field goal try and stop the clock I said "Just do the Dalton to Boyd play" and then they pretty much did. I feel for that Saints DB because he tried to make a play and mistimed it so he got there early and was forced to decide if he should interfere or not. Hindsight he probably should've just destroyed Diggs and taken the flag, but then Saints fan would just be mad at him for the interference. I guess the blame should go to the entire defense when all they had to do was keep the Vikings in front of the 40 and they would've been fine. 

Yeah, Williams wasn't the only one who blew it for the Saints. Sean Payton and his DC share in the blame too. The Ringer's Rodger Sherman noted that one of their defenders was guarding the sideline near the line of scrimmage, where he was totally useless (no way Keenum was going to throw that short with so little time left). Meanwhile they had no one in deep coverage, to be the last line of defense in case a Vikings receiver got away - or better yet, to make that receiver think twice about going for the end zone in the first place. As it was, Williams was that last line of defense, and once he whiffed on his tackle the Saints' fate was sealed.

CCSLC signature.png

In case you missed it here are a few shots of Sean Payton moments after the Saints kicked a field goal to take the lead with about 25 seconds left in the game;

paytonskolclap.jpg

If you're not sure what he's doing, I'll tell you. He's got his back to the field, facing the Viking fans, and he's mocking them by imitating their "Skol" chant.  In other words, he chose to do this over talking to his defense, checking in with his coaches... you know, preparing for the last 25 seconds of game.  Keep in mind, this is the same peen who pulled out a choke sign a few weeks ago against Atlanta, not long before a last second interception lost them that game too. I'll see if I can find another picture of what he was doing a short bit later when karma stomped him in the fruit basket.

What a weekend of football. The Vikings win was thrilling obviously, but the Jaguars playing for the AFC Championship game might be the best story in the NFL this season. Best part was the Steelers obsessing over New England and then losing a self-created trap game at home against, of all teams, the Jacksonville Jaguars. It really parallels the Jags run in 96 - beat Buffalo in the wildcard round, beat a heavily favored super bowl contender in the divisional round on the road, and then will play at New England for the Super Bowl. 

I don't even care that the Patriots are going to win the Super Bowl again because at least they'll tie the Steelers at six. A rare year where I have no anxiety over any outcome of these playoffs. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Jags/Vikings is the dream, but a dream it will likely remain.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

There's no way in HELL Brady is going to miss the AFC Championship game. All this "oh my, his throwing hand is injured? OH MY! He may not play? He may not play!", with the Super Bowl on the line? Get out; he's playing.

Archived