Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

2 hours ago, kimball said:

No. Hell no. That'd be the worst combination they could put together with their current colors. They work well as complimentary colors with the black, but not both together.

Black, Teal and White jersey option.

Black, Gold and White pant option.

Well that’s your opinion, man. 

Jaguars

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Teal said:

Well that’s your opinion, man. 

Well of course it's my opinion. And, my opinion is that your opinion isn't a very good opinion of the opinions shared in this very opinionated thread.

Here's why ... teal and gold works on the complimentary color wheel, but not for a sports team (especially football) -- it works for weddings, jewelry or interior design. And, in the Jags case the dominant colors really need to be teal/black or gold/black -- if you're trying to capture the essence and power of not just football, but also jaguars.

0ace6bc09a859e75925efe4b0d81e9bf--januar

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

6 hours ago, kimball said:

Well of course it's my opinion. And, my opinion is that your opinion isn't a very good opinion of the opinions shared in this very opinionated thread.

Here's why ... teal and gold works on the complimentary color wheel, but not for a sports team (especially football) -- it works for weddings, jewelry or interior design. And, in the Jags case the dominant colors really need to be teal/black or gold/black -- if you're trying to capture the essence and power of not just football, but also jaguars.

0ace6bc09a859e75925efe4b0d81e9bf--januar

My opinion is MY opinion. If you disagree with my opinion that’s fine but it doesn’t make MY opinion wrong. 

Jaguars

I’m not sure why teal and gold couldn’t work. The gold would need to be on the helmet and pants, but it would be fine. We see blue/gold teams and green/gold teams all the time, so I don’t see why teal would look worse. 

Again, they’d need to forget about the black helmet, but it could definitely look good. 

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Not that I personally want to see the Jags drop the black for a predominantly teal/gold scheme (my preference would be for a new look that leans heavily on their 90's look), there's absolutely no reason why a teal/gold uniform couldn't work;

845024290-hawaii-v-ucla.jpg.jpg

Sure, UCLA wears baby blue, not teal, but it's close enough to give you a basic idea of what a teal/gold uniform would look like.

1 hour ago, Teal said:

My opinion is MY opinion. If you disagree with my opinion that’s fine but it doesn’t make MY opinion wrong. 

I know it's your opinion and I am sharing my opinion. That's what we do on these opinion threads. 

I'm just sharing why I think from a design point of view your opinion doesn't work for a football team. That's all.

kimball banner.png

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

45 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Not that I personally want to see the Jags drop the black for a predominantly teal/gold scheme (my preference would be for a new look that leans heavily on their 90's look), there's absolutely no reason why a teal/gold uniform couldn't work;

Sure, UCLA wears baby blue, not teal, but it's close enough to give you a basic idea of what a teal/gold uniform would look like.

Eh, that is a good point. That COULD work if the Jags went with a gold helmet. But, I don't see that happening with their current logo. 

kimball banner.png

17 minutes ago, kimball said:

I know it's your opinion and I am sharing my opinion. That's what we do on these opinion threads. 

I'm just sharing why I think from a design point of view your opinion doesn't work for a football team. That's all.

And I respect your opinion. Not long to go until we see whats next for the Jags.

Jaguars

On 1/30/2018 at 7:27 PM, BringBackTheVet said:

When you say "sublimation", do you really mean sublimation, or are you referring to printing?

Channeling inner conflicts into art or meaningful work rather than resorting to projection, repression, or reaction formation

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

2 hours ago, the admiral said:

Channeling inner conflicts into art or meaningful work rather than resorting to projection, repression, or reaction formation

I thought he meant the change of a solid directly into a gas?

11 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Some of our most popular gear is still the copyright jumping jag that's on teal and gold more times than not. 

I normally would not want to see a teal and gold Jags but if you were to do it like this it prob wouldn't look bad but still would take a lot for some people to buy into. 

#DTWD #GoJaguars

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I'd love to see a gold helmet with some kind of jaguar print on it, like the bengals with the stripes.  I realize that's not happening, but I selfishly always wanted the Jaguars helmet to be gold and the Panthers helmet to be black. 

Just gold and teal would look fine, I think. My desires for this redesign are operating with the understanding that the helmet is going to be black (according to Mark Long) and the hope that the road numbers to remain teal. Under those conditions, I just don't see how gold pants would work. If the home jersey is black, then they'll look like the bastard child of the Saints and Steelers with gold pants. If the home jersey is teal and the road numbers are teal, then gold pants would look like a team in Madden that my 10 year old nephew mixed and matched the uniform elements on (like when he plays as the Lions with a silver helmet, blue jersey, and black pants). Also, the Jaguars I feel like have the strongest established look of a black helmet, teal jersey, with white pants for home and white jersey and white/black pants on the road (with mono black or teal jersey/black pants for alternates at home). I know they constantly tweaked the details of that look over the years, but overall I'd argue that is their established identity for their uniforms (other than these past 5 years). I want that identity back.

48 minutes ago, kutztown said:

I'm sure I'm in the minority here, but I'd love to see a gold helmet with some kind of jaguar print on it, like the bengals with the stripes.  I realize that's not happening, but I selfishly always wanted the Jaguars helmet to be gold and the Panthers helmet to be black. 

I'd love that also.

Jaguars

12 hours ago, oldschoolvikings said:

That was the claim of the guy who listed like 9 NFL changes for 2018. Gold helmet w/ JAGS wordmark on it, teal jerseys, and gold pants. He even said "think UCLA".

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

41 minutes ago, WSU151 said:

That was the claim of the guy who listed like 9 NFL changes for 2018. Gold helmet w/ JAGS wordmark on it, teal jerseys, and gold pants. He even said "think UCLA".

Well I can say the helmet isn't gold so nip that one now, Back in Black baby. 

#DTWD #GoJaguars

37 minutes ago, Claystation360 said:

Well I can say the helmet isn't gold so nip that one now, Back in Black baby. 

As they should be.

kimball banner.png

Gold pants only work with a gold helmet, or if the jersey and helmet are the same color.  If a football team wants all three major part of the uniform to be different, one HAS to be white (Denver, Cleveland, Atlanta, Cincinnati, etc...) or it would look like bad highschool garbage. 

THIS was bad...

CWsHfXOU4AAMvUm.jpg

11 minutes ago, oldschoolvikings said:

Gold pants only work with a gold helmet, or if the jersey and helmet are the same color.  If a football team wants all three major part of the uniform to be different, one HAS to be white (Denver, Cleveland, Atlanta, Cincinnati, etc...) or it would look like bad highschool garbage. 

THIS was bad...

CWsHfXOU4AAMvUm.jpg

This is an insult to high schools.

image-2023-06-05-005249976.png

Archived