Jacksonville Jaguars rumored for new uniforms in 2018

JagAaron33

They look like the Houston Texans in black and teal, but whatevs. 

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the black/teal/white combo will be the best they can trot out, especially given the black socks. Looks to be a pretty palatable change overall. More gold would help it, but seeing some of the terrible uniforms that have come from Nike/NFL teams being creative, I'm okay with them showing a little restraint. The logo on both the pants and jersey bothers me a little bit, but it does help inject a little gold in the look.

20 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

The Jaguars have such a vivid gold logo yet won't use the gold anywhere else in the set? Yuck.

I can't believe what I'm about to say:

If I use the Jags in Madden, I'll go with last year's uniforms and this year's helmet. Unreal how much they botched this, despite getting sooooo close.

These are really close to being terrific. Add teal outlines to the white and black numbers, and make sure all the cuff striping is two-tone like on the white jersey and they've got a winner. I'd add bonus points for a teal flecked helmet. 

It's not perfect but its pretty close to something really good.

And would it really kill them to pair the black pants with some teal socks? 

Ok, I can dig this.  It has more teal in the black set than the early-March leak.

I wonder if there will be a pant stripe (not evident from Conrad's great mockup).

I don't totally dig the black numbers on the away jersey.  A white jersey with teal numbers and teal pants would look so good.  Also, I wonder about the number font.  But these I like more than the leak, and I don't know why lol 

Those mock ups are so so close to a home run, but it looks like they settled for a double. I agree with everybody, there needs to be a small splash of gold somewhere. 

But honestly I really dig the look. I wan't teal to be the primary but I understand that probably won't happen.

29 minutes ago, j'villejags said:

The Jaguar head is quite a bit bigger on the helmet. It looks like it's going to be huge. 

I don't like that the teal jersey would have an outline around the numbers, and the other two would not. Might just be a legibility thing, but I'd prefer not to see an outline at all unless they were to do the gold/black double outline. 

It really needs a splash of gold. If they would have added the gold stripe on the sleeves, I'd like them much more. These sleeves, (even without the crawler logo), wold look nice.

ca87a6d16e1390f40c61276e72226e2d.jpg

That looks amazing 

33 minutes ago, Lee Noire said:

Looks like there is a stripe on the sleeve. A single teal stripe above the black arm band at the end of the sleeve. On the black that band is teal which blends in with the teal stripe. On the teal jersey the stripe is black and blends in with the black band.

If that random little stripe were gold, it would help a lot but over all not bad. Boring, but definitely better then what they had. 

I really like those mock ups. I think we need to see what the on field product will look like as well, because most of the time the plainer uniforms look better in action. At least IMO.

a2BRS8U.png

1 minute ago, H11K said:

I really like those mock ups. I think we need to see what the on field product will look like as well, because most of the time the plainer uniforms look better in action. At least IMO.

Very true. Imagine posting a rendering of the Giants home uniform for opinion. It's legitimately just a blue shirt with white numbers, but it looks really great in action.

One day, when the the Dolphins return to the classic logo, and the Jets are wearing green helmets, and every team except the Colts is wearing white shoes, we’ll look back on this moment. 

This is the beginning of a new stage in NFL uniform trends. Just like the last trend, it started in college 2-3 years ago, and is now catching up to the NFL. If the Jaguars keep winning, it’s only more likely that teams who want to update their uniforms for legitimacy’s sake will see a “simple, classic” look as the way to go.

concepts: washington football (2017) ... nfl (2013) ... yikes

potd 10/20/12

I'm sorry for what I'm about to say: 

I genuinely am going to miss their number font and the touches of gold on their old look.  I mean we don't know anything yet, but still.  From the front, all-black was a solid look.

usa_today_9682878.0.jpg

Their road look, on the other hand, was abominable.

J-Ville-1.jpg

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Archived