ldconcepts

NHL 2018-19

On 11/16/2018 at 10:14 PM, RollWolfpack said:

Scott Darling's "Whalers Night" gear has been posted. Great homage to Sean Burke. Excited to see it in action.DsJku6oWsAABuFd.jpg:large

image_1524063341920389_v0_h.jpg

It's sad that we won't see these pads in action, because this is really a thing of beauty.

1 hour ago, pepis21 said:

image_1524063341920389_v0_h.jpg

It's sad that we won't see these pads in action, because this is really a thing of beauty.

Completely agree. Hopefully something similar will pan out!

4 hours ago, Danny said:

The Oilers were back in royal blue tonight.

lVwEPcu.jpg

Might be sacrilege for Oilers fans, but like the gold-shoulder-yoked Bruins, these uniforms would look better with orange socks to add balance.

I’ll never give up on the Bruins gold socks fight—stupid change for change’s sake. 

2 hours ago, Mingjai said:

Might be sacrilege for Oilers fans, but like the gold-shoulder-yoked Bruins, these uniforms would look better with orange socks to add balance.

I’ll never give up on the Bruins gold socks fight—stupid change for change’s sake. 

Or at the very least fill in the bottom of the sock like on the sleeves.

11 hours ago, B-mer said:

I wonder how that Ducks jersey would look with the gold and orange swapped. 

I'd mock it up it I thought it might be a viable look.

1 hour ago, insert name said:

Oilers should go back. This orange era is a dud. 

I think you’ll see that happen some point over the next 2-3 years.

9 hours ago, RollWolfpack said:

Completely agree. Hopefully something similar will pan out! 

Vaughn for Mrazek can do something special, but CCM for McElhinney, I don't think so. Btw Darling had also second pads for "Whalers night":

46268106_1001047200068208_16139975974596

13 hours ago, philly97flyer said:

I think you’ll see that happen some point over the next 2-3 years.

No doubt.

I appreciate that we've been warned of poor-contrast games.

Collar change coming next season for the Blackhawks?

https://uni-watch.com/2018/12/06/deep-dish-dishes-major-chicagoland-uni-intel/

We are completely sold out of red Blackhawks replica jerseys in size large. This is probably the best-selling size/color/style jersey sold here, so it would make sense to order more, but the buyers aren’t ordering any more. When I asked why, the response was something about the collar being set to change. It stands to reason that this will be a significant enough change that they’re trying really hard to avoid having a bunch of “old” ones lying around after the new ones become a thing.

Of course this is mostly unsubstantiated as I’ve seen nothing regarding new designs or anything, but I’m taking it as strong evidence for a new sweater tweak next season.

2 minutes ago, BJ Sands said:

Collar change coming next season for the Blackhawks?

https://uni-watch.com/2018/12/06/deep-dish-dishes-major-chicagoland-uni-intel/

We are completely sold out of red Blackhawks replica jerseys in size large. This is probably the best-selling size/color/style jersey sold here, so it would make sense to order more, but the buyers aren’t ordering any more. When I asked why, the response was something about the collar being set to change. It stands to reason that this will be a significant enough change that they’re trying really hard to avoid having a bunch of “old” ones lying around after the new ones become a thing.

Of course this is mostly unsubstantiated as I’ve seen nothing regarding new designs or anything, but I’m taking it as strong evidence for a new sweater tweak next season.

Please, for all that is good and holy, yes.  These are abominations.

cut.jpg

Whoever the people were who signed off on that collar deserve to be fired. They're either completely unqualified to make judgements on jersey aesthetics, or just too dumb to care.

Good. Some of these new Adidas collars look horrible. I'm sure we will slowly start to see teams get new jerseys and tweak their collars. (Montreal, you're next)

Max-Domi-Canadiens.jpg

I still think that teams like the Blackhawks and the Habs should be using the Winter Classic collars. (If they have to be limited to and Adidas Adizero jersey collar)

Yeah, I feel like since 2019 is the first year the primary uniforms can be altered, most teams will make small changes to their collars.

While I hope the Adidas collar design in general is changed, I really want this to mean the Blackhawks are adding laces to the collars. Black collar with white laces is my favorite look for them.

5 hours ago, njdevs7 said:

Good. Some of these new Adidas collars look horrible. I'm sure we will slowly start to see teams get new jerseys and tweak their collars. (Montreal, you're next)

Max-Domi-Canadiens.jpg

Wait, what's wrong with that?  A team with the Toilet-seat nickname because of their logo, now has an actual toilet seat around their necks.  I think it's perfect here.