Crabcake

• Replies 635
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just saw video of Randy Moss getting his HOF invitation, and boy did I get a blast from the past. I had no idea (and really, who did?) that C. David Baker, fromer Arena League commissioner for 11+ years, has been president of the Pro Football Hall of Fame for the last four years. Mind blown...

4409811293_559b1d05dd_o.jpg

A HOF without TO has no legitimacy as a HOF and should not be recognized as such.  Everyone that had been previously enshrined can once again be proud to call themselves members of the HOF.

I'll never... EHHHHHHHHHHHver, forget coming home from work one day, turning on the TV, and seeing TO doing situps in his driveway telling off the Eagles.  If not for that stupid, immature, crybaby, [modedit]-ass McNabb, they'd have had at least one title.

McNabb once said that he thought he was a HOFer (LOL) - now he has to watch his arch enemy get in, and be supported by the city that never embraced him.

owens-moorestown-600.jpg

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Also, I grew up in the Randall Cunningham, Reggie White, Seth Joyner, Jerome Brown era - I'll fist fight anyone that says the '91 Eagles defense wasn't the best single-season defense ever (or at least tied with Baltimore's) - and while Seth Joyner was my favorite player as a kid, as an adult, Brian Dawkins surpassed all of them.  Dude was the single greatest leader I've ever seen on a team.  Back to that silly-ass McNabb, he was always threatened by Dawkins' presence, because he was the true leader-  not the QB.

I'm rarely happy for other people's accomplishments, but in this one case I'm legitimately happy for Brian Dawkins.  

We all know how much McNabb likes to drink (and drive!), but if he ever made it through rehab, this picture will send him running right back for the bottle.

Dawkins_Brian_Owens_Terrell_HOF_980_0203

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

4 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

So Chad Johnson is not on the same level as Moss and Owens?  What are his numbers compared to those two? 

Don't know the numbers.  Don't need to know the numbers.  Don't care about the numbers.  Chad Johnson's name shouldn't be mentioned in the same conversation as Randy Moss' and Terrell Owens' names unless the discussion is about "players who were way better than Chad Johnson".

Nothing against Ochocinco - I loved his act, and he was certainly really good - but he's not on the same level as those two.

4 minutes ago, GDAWG said:

I was only curious to see if Chad Johnson deserved the same treatment.  Good lord, I get that you hate me, but you don't need to be saying that. 

Don't read too much into dfwabel's posts. He doesn't hate you, it's just that his posts rarely make any sense.

On 4/10/2017 at 3:05 PM, Rollins Man said:

what the hell is ccslc?

In some really :censored:ty news today, 

Colts linebacker Edwin Jackson was killed by a drunk driver. 

:cry:  R.I.P Man. 

Another young career tragically cut short.  

Red Sox: 8    Celtics: 17    Bruins: 6    Patriots: 5

Phantom Merch Collector.

15 minutes ago, habsfan1 said:

So who's the Eagles starting QB next year?

Decisions, decisions...

Definitely, 100%, without a doubt Carson Wentz. They’re selling Foles to the highest bidder, or at least that’s what a smart GM would do. 

On a related note, what’s the over/under on Foles’ return? I’ll set it at a 1st rounder and solid NFLer. 

spacer.png

10 hours ago, habsfan1 said:

So who's the Eagles starting QB next year?

Decisions, decisions...

If / when Carson Wentz is healthy, it's him.  Stop with this - there's no decision.  It's Carson Wentz' team.

The real question is can Nick Foles accept his backup role, giving the Eagles the depth that literally no other team has, or will they need to trade him to some dummy team like the Vikings who might be dummy enough to give up a 1st rounder.

Chad Johnson was on pace for a Hall of Fame career and then it fell apart because he got old in a hurry and couldn't keep his life in order off the field. The last game he played was Super Bowl 46. He was very good for a short period of time, but wasn't good enough for long enough to be considered. The hall of fame jacket he put on on the sideline will hurt him with voters too. You better be a shoe-in to pull a stunt like that and he wasn't, even at the time he did that he wasn't a lock. 

Comparatively AJ Green is probably going to pass him in the next few years. 

Johnson: 166 Games / 766 Receptions / 11059 Yards / 67 TDs

Green Right Now: 102 Games / 556 Receptions / 8213 / 57 TDs. If he plays another 64 games he'll easily surpass all of Ochocinco's numbers. He could probably reach all those numbers in another 2-3 seasons. 

he's the Bengals receiver I want to see in the HoF one day. 

PvO6ZWJ.png

Archived