Providence Bruins "Friday Night" jerseys

DGivens87

My hometown P-Bruins broke these out tonight...the PA announcer said these are their new "Friday Night" jerseys...

Personally, they're the kinda jerseys I think you either love or hate...

They're growing on me :D

1.1129343398.jpg

1.1129343429.gif

GORGEOUS...

with the exception of the names on the back... is that a black nameplate?

but seriously. those are great jerseys.

Yup, that's a black nameplate...reminiscent of the 1980 USA Hockey jerseys...I like it :D

Those are sweet. Maybe they could put the names directly on the back, like the B's 75th were (white on black, in the stripe). Didn't Boston have something like this in the mid to late 60's when Orr came up? Definately something the big club should look into if the NHL continues the alt jersey program in the future.

"Hats for bats. Keep bats warm. Gracias"

DGivens, do you know who the player for Providence is with the blue visor? I saw them play last year on TV, and I remember a guy with a blue visor.

shumway, i don't know who exactly you're talking about, but the photos are of Jay Leach and Jason McDonald.

Those are just great.

I'm even on board with the black nameplate, although I agree with an earlier comment about the white letters with black trim not needing the black nameplate. I'd at least like to see what it looked like if there were white letters trimmed in black that were half in the yellow and half into the black stripe. That could look good too, like the 91-92 throwbacks did.

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I like them, but as a former Cincinnati Mighty Ducks fan I dislike the Anaheim patch on Portlands jersey.

Portland's AHL team has always been sucking off the hockey teams in Cincinnati.

If you remember, the Pirates wore the exact same home jersey that the Cyclones wore when they had the red/black/grey colors. Except that the Pirates had "Portland" in the lower striping. Now they are the new affiliate for Anaheim, who used to be Cincinnati's parent club.

I always thought that Anaheim should have gone to the jerseys that Cincinnati wore. They were far better looking than the parents club.

These are great jerseys. There are a few things I'd fix, but these changed aren't entirely necessary:

1. The Dodge patch, obviously.

2. The black nameplate shouldn't be used. Maybe if they used just plain black letters or white letters outlined in black, that'd work.

3. The extra black and white stripes just above the black cuff I feel are not really necessary. If they got rid of those two stripes and moved the stripes in the middle of the sleeve down another few inches (and gave more room for the sleeve number) then it'd be perfect.

Regardless of those few suggestions, which, again, aren't really necessary, these are great jerseys.

--Roger "Time? "Clmente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Archived