Arena Rafters & Banners

I'd have thought they'd have retired Bob McAdoo or Randy Smith's numbers by now, but hey, that's the Clippers for you. Sterling's probably too cheap to spring for the hundred bucks' worth of fabric it would take to make any banners.

Nope. The Clippers have absolutely nothing anywhere in the rafters at Staples.

The only things that ever say Clippers at Staples Center are the interchangeable signage around the arena that switches between the Lakers, Kings, Clippers, and Sparks, and the Staples Center upcoming events marquee off the freeway.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

I'd have thought they'd have retired Bob McAdoo or Randy Smith's numbers by now, but hey, that's the Clippers for you.

I'd love to see that happen, but I think the team should win a championship first or even consistently make the playoffs before they start retiring numbers.

However, if they were to do that, I would add Sam Cassell and Danny Manning to the list - Cassell for leading the Clips to that miracle playoff run in '05, and Manning for being a back-to-back All-Star for the Clips.

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Wow... we're retiring numbers for making the playoffs and two all-star teams?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Well, I'm going to have to say those three loathsome words I hate...

It's the Clippers.

Do you guys drop confetti after every win?

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

• 1 month later...

Are the seats really black? That's pretty cool.

It's nice that they have the rafter all to themselves for banners. Some of the Flyers / Sixers banners are hard to see, because they can't be hung in the middle like that. Also, the Flyers have gone to (at least for division, we'll see about conference this year) single banners with multiple years on them - think Celtics retired number banners. I guess they were running out of space cause of the Sixers.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

It's nice that they have the rafter all to themselves for banners. Some of the Flyers / Sixers banners are hard to see, because they can't be hung in the middle like that. Also, the Flyers have gone to (at least for division, we'll see about conference this year) single banners with multiple years on them - think Celtics retired number banners. I guess they were running out of space cause of the Sixers.

I think the color is actually a charcoal gray, but it still looks good irregardless.

That Consol Energy Center look pretty awesome!

Ive been hoarding construction photos of the place, I got to say, inside its a helluva building. Im not a fan of the exterior, but given the option of moving to Kansas City, I can live with it.

I think the color is actually a charcoal gray, but it still looks good irregardless.

That Consol Energy Center look pretty awesome!

Ive been hoarding construction photos of the place, I got to say, inside its a helluva building. Im not a fan of the exterior, but given the option of moving to Kansas City, I can live with it.

Cool! You outta post 'em!

Utah_Jazz_2010-11_Identity_Signa-2.jpg

Whiteouts are going to look even more dramatic since black-dominated seating areas are now going to be the norm. (As opposed to the igloo's characteristic burned orange.)

oBIgzrL.png

So there's a new wrinkle to the MSG renovation plans. They're going to add "bridge seating" that will be suspended from the ceiling to hold up to 1,000 more fans.

It's a great idea for almost any other arena, but it'll ruin the iconic "Fan Ceiling" that the Garden features.

madison_square_garden--300x300.jpg

Am I the only one who sees that ending disastrously?

That thing strikes me as a lawsuit waiting to happen.

I was thinking more than just a lawsuit....

oBIgzrL.png