Odd mask that Adrian Peterson is wearing tonight.

sacker12

If I had to guess, I would assume that the Vikings equipment guy had to drill some holes into the helmet to make that mask, which is made specifically for the DNA (unless Schutt custom made a version of the mask to be worn on a standard helmet).

That's tighttt. Here's another view.

Anyone notice that Brady Quinn recently began wearing a standard helmet (instead of a Revolution Helmet.)

Not just standard, but a Schutt helmet. Interesting since the other Browns QB's all wear Schutts. I wonder if it is a contract situation or if just being around them so much changed his mind.

I think he's trying to be like LaDainian Tomlinson, but LT's 'Darth Vader' mask just owns the hell out of that thing AP's wearing.

The mask that LT wears is called "Bulldog". It's made by Schutt. Also, his mask is CUSTOM and not a standard mask. The mask that AP was wearing is the Schutt AFL-EGOP. It's a style that they created two years ago for the teams in the Arena league. Also, AP's mask is a carbon-steel STANDARD mask and NOT a mask that goes onto a DNA.

dodgers-1.png

081608vr2.jpg

Okay, I don't know if anyone's answered this before, but could someone please explain to me why it's legal for Adrian Peterson to smear a foreign, possibly adhesive, substance all over the front of his jersey?

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

I see that AP is still wearing his dirty numbered jerseys.

i've noticed that too. it's weird he is the only one on the vikings with dirty numbers.

I wouldn't be one bit shocked if he is very picky about that jersey. He may be superstitious.

I seem to recall in our discussions last year about his dirty numbers there was an answer, and it did have to do with a substance being rubbed on, but I dont think it was illegal.

impossiblefp4.jpg

The World Basketball Championship, the Davis Cup, Ryder Cup, Iraq: Every day there's further proof that we, as a nation, are not very good at international competition.

081608vr2.jpg

Okay, I don't know if anyone's answered this before, but could someone please explain to me why it's legal for Adrian Peterson to smear a foreign, possibly adhesive, substance all over the front of his jersey?

It's slippery substances that are not allowed. An adhesive would benefit people trying to tackle him. I think the marks are either dirt or the transfer of material from opponents rubberized facemasks.

Archived