St. Louis Stallions

ddub53

Does anyone know what the St. Louis Stallions NFL expansion team were supposed to be? Back in 1993, just after the city failed to land an expansion team, the St. Louis Post-Distpatch sent me a copy of the teams style sheet which they had received. But it apparently was a copy of a copy and because of this, the lines were very sharp.Yet it still good enough to see what the primary and secondary logos looked like.

mizzoufb.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those previous logos are some bad mock ups. Here's a touched up version of the main logo from the black and white logo sheet. Most of the time they have the color listed as gold, but from what I remembered reading somewhere was that it was actually copper. But like I said earlier I don't have the actual PMS number and am not sure how close the colors I have are to what would've been used.

stallions.jpg

mizzoufb.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Those previous logos are some bad mock ups. Here's a touched up version of the main logo from the black and white logo sheet. Most of the time they have the color listed as gold, but from what I remembered reading somewhere was that it was actually copper. But like I said earlier I don't have the actual PMS number and am not sure how close the colors I have are to what would've been used.

You did?

Here is the Bombers uniform

BB256.jpg

BB260.jpg

BB243.jpg

BB244.jpg

BB246.jpg

God, that's a beautiful jersey, though I like the Ravens a little better than it (probably just used to it). If they could've had navy and silver-trimmed numbers on the shoulder bar that would've been perfect. It's amazing how professional that looks when compared to the St. Louis Stallions.

Here are a few of the HounDogs/Hound Dogs (I've seen both, but either way, it's an awful name), I think these are legitimate, I'm not sure though. I could be wrong. I've never seen any uniforms for them, but these are the few logos that I have seen.

MemphisHounDogs93.GIF

MemphisHounDogs2.GIFMemphisHounDogs4.GIF

MemphisHounDogs3.GIFMemphisHounDogs1.GIF

Here are a few of the HounDogs/Hound Dogs (I've seen both, but either way, it's an awful name), I think these are legitimate, I'm not sure though. I could be wrong. I've never seen any uniforms for them, but these are the few logos that I have seen.

MemphisHounDogs93.GIF

MemphisHounDogs2.GIFMemphisHounDogs4.GIF

MemphisHounDogs3.GIFMemphisHounDogs1.GIF

I think those have been debunked on this board before. Those logos have just been floating around the internet so long, and with nothing else to compare them to, they've come to be accepted as legit.

On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Archived