NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

Icethetics just posted this. Someone found it at a Preds charity auction.

Anyone else find it odd that it would appear in a charity auction? If this were going to be the away jersey next year, why would they release it in an auction? There would be no marketing plan for the "new" jersey, since everyone would know what it looks like. If this were going to be the away next year, it would have been kept under wraps, not thrown out there in some charity auction.

OttawaSenators.png

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never said that originality would result in good uniforms, I said that I wish teams would try something new rather than going back to a "hey, remember when we were relevant" look like the Islanders and Oilers have. Do I think too many teams are too similar looking today? Yes. Do I think that there's a better solution than simply turning back the clock? Hell yes.

This I feel applies to the Flyers more than anyone else. I'm probably in the minority in that I hate their current look. It's great that they've gone back to primarily orange, but I personally feel that what they threw back to is a horribly outdated design that does not belong in this era. But hey, I'm not a Flyers fan, and if they like it that's the most important thing at the end of the day.

On topic: great to hear that the Oilers are finally getting a matching road uniform and getting rid of the other two. What they had before switching the throwback alternate to home was perhaps the most boring uniform set in NHL history.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Only in so far as the logos are concerned. The new Lightning logos are indeed superior to the old ones. The generic EDGE template needs to go, however.

My thinking is that, the team isn't really vintage. I'd understand if, say, the Bruins had this template, then that'd be a reason to change. The team has been around for 90 years, and is in a traditional hockey market. Tampa, however, is just 20 years old and in Florida. I think there's a kind of a barrier for teams that have classic jerseys, as compared to a modern template.

Only in so far as the logos are concerned. The new Lightning logos are indeed superior to the old ones. The generic EDGE template needs to go, however.

My thinking is that, the team isn't really vintage. I'd understand if, say, the Bruins had this template, then that'd be a reason to change. The team has been around for 90 years, and is in a traditional hockey market. Tampa, however, is just 20 years old and in Florida. I think there's a kind of a barrier for teams that have classic jerseys, as compared to a modern template.

The template being modern isn't a problem. Being generic (as in shared by Ottawa and Pittsburgh) is the problem.

The template being modern isn't a problem. Being generic (as in shared by Ottawa and Pittsburgh) is the problem.

Ah, but isn't a simple striping pattern generic? I get exactly what you're saying though.

Ah, but isn't a simple striping pattern generic? I get exactly what you're saying though.

It wasn't generic because no other team used it. Boring maybe, but not generic.

While the Predators white copy of their 3rd isn't bad, I think they should stick with their unique colour scheme. Minus the apron stripes, the Predators current look is pretty good. I'm thinking that maybe they won't be making the switch because it seems odd that they would reveal their possible new road uniform at a charity function in the middle of the season. That, or they will come up with something new altogether. I can't believe the NHL would allow them to do something like that.

Now, I have no definitive informtation, but the Lightning are getting new home and road unis for 2011-12. The talk I have heard is that the home jersey will now be blue (a new blue one, not a promoted BOLTS alt) and a matching white one. Logos are not set to change, but placement of current logos could be different.

Better 20 years late than never!!!!!!

*does a happy dance*

SigReflect.png

lecavalier-st.louis-prospal.jpg

are better than

33-96677-F.jpg

By a lot.

Sorry but you are incorrect. Tampa may have improved their logos with their redesign the 2007-08 to present jerseys are awful because the template doesnt really resemble anything. It looks like a bunch of arbitrary colour blobs that serve no purpose. Making matters worse is the way they place the dark shade of Blue directly beside the Black on both jerseys making the colours bleed into eachother. Theres simply no contrast. The front numbers are unnecessary as well. Add the new logos to the old template, switch all the black to blue (and vice versa) and you've got a great look.

I think a black third could work.

NewYorkBlackthird.png

Nope, looks awful.

If the Mets played ice hockey, this is exactly what they'd look like...

And that's exactly what I fear the Islanders front office sees in that.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

My guesses/opinions:

Atlanta - Thank god we're getting rid of the wordmarked football jersey. I have no clue what it could possibly be, but probably red and anything that they make would be better than their current junk.

Yes, i hope that thing goes away!!! Its so gross looking. The colors are ehh but the design is garbage. I would prefer this RED one coming back:

Thrashers02.png

But thats just me. I know im new here but i love this website and talking about jerseys so i thought id give this a try.

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

My guesses/opinions:

Atlanta - Thank god we're getting rid of the wordmarked football jersey. I have no clue what it could possibly be, but probably red and anything that they make would be better than their current junk.

Yes, i hope that thing goes away!!! Its so gross looking. The colors are ehh but the design is garbage. I would prefer this RED one coming back:

Thrashers02.png

But thats just me. I know im new here but i love this website and talking about jerseys so i thought id give this a try.

on the Thrashers messageboard we have posted a ton of concepts:

Alternate1.jpg

thrash-test-white.jpg

atl%2Bconcept.png

n6q9D.png

thrashers_premier_third.jpg

thirduniform.jpg

2ivjhwp.jpg

magnusalternate8.jpg

magnusalternate6.jpg

Archived