NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

More speculation about the Panthers and Senators from Icethetics. George Richards of the Miami Herald seems to think the original Reds are coming back as well with the Two Tone Blue remaining as an alternate. Really hope this is true.

At least five players have said they had heard the reds were coming back. Bill Torrey, Dale Tallon and Mike Santos have all alluded to their return.

This is a big turnaround from the summer when it appeared that everything was going to the Michael Yormark-favored JetBlue uniforms.

So what are the Panthers going to do? Again, it's just speculation. But I wouldn't be surprised to see the Panthers keep their traditional color scheme for home and away with a new logo, or just a modified one with the third jerseys sticking around for Chevy/Ford/Pontiac Fridays.

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2011/1/20/more-talk-of-changes-for-cats-sens.html

Let's hope so. Not just because the Panthers are not the Panthers without red. But also because they would ressemble way too much like their next door neighbours, the Tampa Bay Lightning.

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More speculation about the Panthers and Senators from Icethetics. George Richards of the Miami Herald seems to think the original Reds are coming back as well with the Two Tone Blue remaining as an alternate. Really hope this is true.

At least five players have said they had heard the reds were coming back. Bill Torrey, Dale Tallon and Mike Santos have all alluded to their return.

This is a big turnaround from the summer when it appeared that everything was going to the Michael Yormark-favored JetBlue uniforms.

So what are the Panthers going to do? Again, it's just speculation. But I wouldn't be surprised to see the Panthers keep their traditional color scheme for home and away ? with a new logo, or just a modified one ? with the third jerseys sticking around for Chevy/Ford/Pontiac Fridays.

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2011/1/20/more-talk-of-changes-for-cats-sens.html

Let's hope so. Not just because the Panthers are not the Panthers without red. But also because they would ressemble way too much like their next door neighbours, the Tampa Bay Lightning.

This is very encouraging news. Shocking, really. Maybe the Panthers org is ready to pay attention to their fans. With the Thrashers changing 3rds maybe the Panthers can once again "own" their original color scheme. I don't even care if they keep the thirds as long as they bring back the red. Now, let's hope they keep the right logo.

Glad George is following up and admitting that he was the source of opposite infor earlier (and my apologies to doubting the earlier poster's red rumors).

http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/lightning/content/tampa-bay-lightnings-new-uniforms-sound-if-they-will-include-simple-classic-design

Tampa Bay Lightning's new uniforms sound as if they will include a simple, classic design

As we read in the paper today, the Tampa Bay Lightning has filed the paperwork with the league in order to change their colors and logo for the 2011-12 season. Here is what you might expect when the uniforms are unveiled, perhaps as soon as this week:

The primary colors apparently will be blue (close to what is used now with the third jersey) and white. Sounds as if the color black, which has been the team's prominent color, and the silver trim will be gone. The logo on the home jerseys is expected to be just a prominent lightning bolt without the words Tampa Bay that are used now. The road jerseys are expected to have the lightning bolt and the words Tampa Bay, though no immediate word on how the design will look. It is believed there also will be the classic strings at the front of the collar.

It also is unclear whether the third jersey will be retained as its color is believed to be so close to that of the home, dark jersey.

Anyway, sounds as if GM Steve Yzerman had a lot of input into the details or at least into the idea of trying to create a classic look that will endure for a long time.

I think it would be a mistake for the Lightning to lose the black completely. Besides, isn't there already a classic blue and white team in the league? :)

Indeed.

It is possible for them to go to a blue and white look and not rip off the Leafs, however. It all comes down to stripe design.

The Lightning changes could very well work, but as Ice_Cap said, it all comes down to how it's executed. I'll be a little disappointed to see the black go, but I'm having an open mind about this. It could potentially work.

Jazzretirednumbers.jpg

The opinions I express are mine, and mine only. If I am to express them, it is not to say you or anyone else is wrong, and certainly not to say that I am right.

I'm disappointed to hesr that Tampa Bay will have two different logos on the front of the jerseys. One will have a lightning bolt and the other will have a lightning bolt wordmark? I like consistency with home and away jerseys. I hate it when teams home and aways differ because the team then likes a coherent identity (cough* Minnesota Wild* cough).

Still I'm glad they are using that electric blue shade from the thirds as a primary color.

As far as the Panthers go while I dislike the midnight blue homes, I was never a fan of the reds. The Panthers should go with solar colors. It is the Sunshine State after all. I suggest orange red and yellow. Kinda like the old Philadelphia Blazers from the WHA.

bernie-parent-blazers.jpg

^Only they should have some red. Maybe a base red jersey with yellow and orange trim.

The Catch of the Day!

http://www.tampabay....-classic-design

Tampa Bay Lightning's new uniforms sound as if they will include a simple, classic design

As we read in the paper today, the Tampa Bay Lightning has filed the paperwork with the league in order to change their colors and logo for the 2011-12 season. Here is what you might expect when the uniforms are unveiled, perhaps as soon as this week:

The primary colors apparently will be blue (close to what is used now with the third jersey) and white. Sounds as if the color black, which has been the team's prominent color, and the silver trim will be gone. The logo on the home jerseys is expected to be just a prominent lightning bolt without the words Tampa Bay that are used now. The road jerseys are expected to have the lightning bolt and the words Tampa Bay, though no immediate word on how the design will look. It is believed there also will be the classic strings at the front of the collar.

It also is unclear whether the third jersey will be retained as its color is believed to be so close to that of the home, dark jersey.

Anyway, sounds as if GM Steve Yzerman had a lot of input into the details or at least into the idea of trying to create a classic look that will endure for a long time.

And of course, the Lightning and Maple Leafs both use the exact same shade of Blue...

I can't imagine the new Lightning colors will be ONLY Blue and White.

http://www.icethetics.info/blog/2011/1/23/classic-look-on-tap-for-lightning.html

And for the 1000th time:

I am NOT a fan of getting rid of the silver...or going with a "classic" look. With a name like "Lightning" and being one of the expansion franchises, we need to neither be classic nor boring.

"Tampa Bay" should've been taken off the primary... logo a decade ago, so this is a welcome change. And blue should've been the primary color since day 1, so that's another positive.

SigReflect.png

A big disapointment with the description that was given. Although it does not say for sure that black and silver will be gone completely. They may still be used as secondary colors. And until they say that they're gone, or in other words, until they make the ripoff of the century by stealing the Leafs colors and look, there's still a chance we will see a decent design.

I certainly don't mind the Lightning going to blue for their main color, but they should keep black around as a trim.

A blue/white/black color scheme is pretty unique in sports today and the Lightning manage to make those colors look good.

I'd be a fan of the Lightning going to blue as their primary color, but I really think it would like great with silver as a secondary and black trim. I don't think I'd like it as much if they were just blue and white.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

I'm glad the Bolts are ditching the generic click-and-fill Edge uniform, and I think blue as their primary colour could work really well. Hope they keep silver and black around.

Though if they make any changes to the current primary logo, I'll be disappointed. Especially since they only got it right four years ago.

mTBXgML.png

PotD: 24/08/2017

Not official but the Lightning will reveal them tomorrow.

Mid-season?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

Archived