NHL 2011-2012: Possible Uniform Changes

uah8tr

Count me among those who hope they keep black and silver as accent colors. Plain blue and white is fine for the Leafs, but Tampa Bay needs to stay true to their own tradition. Blue sweaters will be excellent though--their current thirds have proven that.

17013982017.gifu2jelkdnhfxbda2vmnsggv6hf.gif444.gifyo3wysbjtagzmwj37tb11u0fh.gif

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not official but the Lightning will reveal them tomorrow.

Mid-season?

http://www.rawcharge.com/2011/1/23/1952329/tampa-bays-major-business-announcement-set-for-2pm-monday

Wow they certainly aren't wasting any time with this. Good for them! My only hope is that if Tampa for some reason is able to make the finals, they'll be able to wear their new duds. I'd hate to see the cup lifted in the atrocities they currently wear.

I'm curious about this...the obvious fad in the NHL now is blue, but I'm wondering how stripped down and boring they'll make these duds. Should we be afraid?

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

Honestly, I would much rather have them in their current "generic just cuz 2 other teams use it" design than the way more generic simple striping pattern such as the Leafs, Blackhawks, Bruins, or any other team. It's fine for the traditional teams, it's their brand, but not for the Lightning. I see this change going horribly wrong, meaning bland and boring.

Honestly, I would much rather have them in their current "generic just cuz 2 other teams use it" design than the way more generic simple striping pattern such as the Leafs, Blackhawks, Bruins, or any other team. It's fine for the traditional teams, it's their brand, but not for the Lightning. I see this change going horribly wrong, meaning bland and boring.

Same here, man. I have a feeling we'll see a lightning bolt in a circle with navy blue rounded shoulders and baby blue as the primary. Basically the panthers uninspired alternate.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

This is my fear too. Everything the new owner has touched has turned to gold, so that's my saving grace right now. Otherwise, I'd be scared to death that this is going to suck. I'm VERY excited for the blue....but I just hope they don't go boring on me. *crosses fingers*

(It's AMAZING this was kept in complete secrecy until yesterday. Amazing. And it also points to how well the organization is working together. Under any of our previous groups, this would've been leaked months ago.)

SigReflect.png

Looks like more chance for this stuff to be leaked:

The Tampa Bay Lightning’s press conference scheduled for this afternoon at the St. Pete Times Forum has been postponed indefinitely. Out of respect for those involved in an ongoing emergency situation in St. Petersburg today, the Lightning has elected not to move forward as previously scheduled.

More information will be available later today. Thank you for your consideration.

Lightning Press Conference Postponed

Athletic Director: KTU Blue Grassers Football

The Tampa Bay Lightning?s press conference scheduled for this afternoon at the St. Pete Times Forum has been postponed indefinitely. Out of respect for those involved in an ongoing emergency situation in St. Petersburg today, the Lightning has elected not to move forward as previously scheduled.

More information will be available later today. Thank you for your consideration.

Not sure what the plans will be with the ongoing situation, but I will be at the game tomorrow evening. If I see anything I will be sure to pass along the info.

The Tampa Bay Lightning?s press conference scheduled for this afternoon at the St. Pete Times Forum has been postponed indefinitely. Out of respect for those involved in an ongoing emergency situation in St. Petersburg today, the Lightning has elected not to move forward as previously scheduled.

Not sure what the plans will be with the ongoing situation, but I will be at the game tomorrow evening. If I see anything I will be sure to pass along the info.

While you're at it, kick a Leafs fan in the knee for me.

SigReflect.png

Please do.

Braves.jpg

BigMac's posts make me want to punch babies.

Hockey is weird and I love it.

Would you prefer another empty arena? Those Leafs fans are helping keep your team in town.

Signed, Leafs fan who made the trek to Tampa twice for a Leafs/Bolts game

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

The Tampa Bay Lightning's press conference scheduled for this afternoon at the St. Pete Times Forum has been postponed indefinitely. Out of respect for those involved in an ongoing emergency situation in St. Petersburg today, the Lightning has elected not to move forward as previously scheduled.

Would you prefer another empty arena? Those Leafs fans are helping keep your team in town.

Signed, Leafs fan who made the trek to Tampa twice for a Leafs/Bolts game

You might be overstating the Buds appeal. At least half of the games Tampa has played this season at home have had higher attendances than the game they played versus Toronto.

Why do people think we play in empty arenas?

It's a good question lol.

I've been going to Bolts games for over a decade and have seen the ups and downs with crowds.

This season has had decent attendance, not sure why no one notices.

2ly2w09.jpg

Why do people think we play in empty arenas?

Cause we're not Canadian.

bingo. They say the same about us but last time i checked, phillips wasnt 'empty'. we had a rocking crowd the past few games.

A rocking crowd of how many?

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12POTD 2/26/17

My prediction... (very rough idea)

tb.png

I agree with your ideas, I just hate the getting rid of black and silver. It's going to be so bland now.

Thanks for nothing Stevie Y.

2ly2w09.jpg

Archived